Previous   Next

What natural disaster would you least like to be caught in?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 8, 2011

Browse the archives

“I don’t think I’d want to be caught in any of them. The worst would probably be a tsunami.”

“A tornado.”

“A volcano eruption where you’re having to run from the lava.”

“After the recent happenings, I’d say a tornado for sure.”

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

It's a rare earthquake that gives you any warning! Every single one I have ever been in was just suddenly happening, and by the time I realized what it was, it was all over.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

A massive meteor strike. But, maybe that wouldn't be a bad way to go, because I would have no idea what had happened.

Lindsey Buscher 3 years, 7 months ago

In that case I hope that every single day is like reliving the worst imaginable natural disaster (imagination is key because it's all in your conservitarded heads).

Better take some precautions with some tin foil hats because he's going to be president until 2016. Enjoy!

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

Unless the Republicans come up with a viable candidate pretty quick, I'm afraid you're going to be right.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Natural Light. Have you tasted that cat pi$$? Just shoot me . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Woke up suddenly this morning dreaming it was raining golf balls. Oh, sure, I'm covered, but with my insurance it costs me $494 more per year for the same coverage as . . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

As it turns out, the sun will not explode. It takes a star four times as massive as the sun to eventually go supernova. It's comforting to know in 6 billion years the sun will simply fizzle out like a cheap sparkler instead of expanding to the orbit of Uranus and turning the earth into a giant toasted marshmallow.

At least that is this weeks current scientific theory . . . I'm going with it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

How you holding up Casey? Have you decided how to get back at Whitney for leaving you with this bunch? I suggest four or five sparrows in the top drawer of her desk. And keep a camera close by. The reaction when she opens that drawer will be priceless . . .

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

"Exercise science major" Merrill will be on here pasting articles on the benefits of excerising in the nude, maybe even a picture or two.

geekin_topekan 3 years, 7 months ago

The one where the giant dino-lizard climbs out of a thawing iceberg and breathes fire on the city.

Hoards of Killer Bees and Fire Ants would be bad.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

Will Elvira be there to give us the low down on what's happening?

trinity 3 years, 7 months ago

isn't that what just happened to anthony weiner?

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 7 months ago

It used to be the bus stop, and now we can't live without it. How times change!

otto 3 years, 7 months ago

You reckon Michelle is wearing any clothes?

Kontum1972 3 years, 7 months ago

hmmm...sitting in on ...a City Hall meeting.....

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 7 months ago

The Rapture. AHHHH!!! I DUN'T WANNA GO!!!!! YOU'RE GUNNA MAKE ME LIVE WITH THOSE PEOPLE IN HEAVEN!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD DON'T MAKE ME!!!!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Nobody likes a smartass, nobody . . . but it depends if you are smarter than all, or just some. At times you only have to be smarter than those that berate you.

somedude20 3 years, 7 months ago

oh so sorry my english no very good. cant you written that in idot?

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

I wouldn't take it personal there somedude20! it wernt mint fer yuo . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Billy Redden, the banjo pickin' kid in "Deliverance" is now 55 years old and is cook, dishwasher and part owner of the Cookie Jar Cafe in Clayton, Georgia. He did not know how to play the banjo when he appeared in Deliverance. He does now.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 7 months ago

I survived Hurricane Camille in 1969 at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, MS. Survived 2 Typhoons on Okinawa in '70. Blizzards in Idaho and here, massive duststorms in Nevada and Calif. Fallout from the Mt. St. Helens eruptions in Idaho. (shoveling ash from the yard). Brush fires in Idaho and So. Cal. Several earthquakes in So. Cal. When we moved here from San Diego five years ago, the tornado watches terrified me. Now I have thunderstorms tornadoes under control. guess it's got to be asteroid strikes, next. CCG! Cheshire Cat Grin.

beatrice 3 years, 7 months ago

When if rains frogs. Oh, I just hate that!

gl0ck0wn3r 3 years, 7 months ago

In a broken down elevator with Merrill and Sven.

pace 3 years, 7 months ago

Worst I have been in was a divorce, before that the topeka tornado.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 7 months ago

What natural disaster would I least like to be caught in?

A Palin Presidency.