Previous   Next

How often do you water your lawn?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 West Sixth St. on July 30, 2011

Browse the archives

“I rent so I don’t water.”

“Probably twice a day.”

“About every three days this summer.”

“Never.”

Related story

Comments

lunacydetector 2 years, 8 months ago

4 times per day, but at 30 minute intervals. it is well water, so it's free.

ljwhirled 2 years, 8 months ago

4x per day.

8 PM - 4Min 11 PM - 4Min 2 AM - 4Min 5 AM - 4Min

Total of 16 Min per day. Keeps it green and moist without impacting the bank account much.

Carol Bowen 2 years, 8 months ago

Tomatoes are doing OK. We are picking and freezing as fast as we can. They'll dry up soon.

We are watering the foundation. The soil is pulling away. Trying to avoid cracks in the walls.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks autie. You dumped so much poison on your lawn, you drove all the fleas up here. Grass is dormant here. We're lucky to have water to drink, I hope I don't see anyone watering their lawn. People have even let the tomatoes go, never having gotten a one this year. There's hardly any water coming over the falls now.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

Mine is still green. If it is not green, you are mowing too short.

nouseforaname 2 years, 8 months ago

I don't have a lawn but sometimes I like to take two showers in one day.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

Hollis, did you formulate and answer to the vicodin question? My dog is still bugging me about that.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

Never. Your lawn isn't dead, it is merely dormant.

Bill Lee 2 years, 8 months ago

Like Brad, I'm a renter, but the landlord doesn't water either. Rain seems to do the trick.

HollisBrown 2 years, 8 months ago

As RI said, I wee wee on it about once a week.

prospector 2 years, 8 months ago

No need, Sam is praying for rain, except for Lawrence.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

only as the climate allows. I haven't had to mow much this year. Saves gas and the ozone layer. Put down enough poison to disrupt a third world nation back in May....I ain't seen one single flea on the dogs or hardly nothin....Now it is all brown and dead pan hard..looks like November since the leaves have mostly all fallen. Besides, my town is under a volunteer water rationing order suggestion thing...don't use none you don't have to...It best get to rainin before them KWO boys come around with some nonsense.

SouthSide 2 years, 8 months ago

Me and Virgil don't water no more 'cause the grasses all died in our doublewide community anyways. Alls we got now is beaten down dirt and thats just fine 'cause the water bill's nice n' low, 'specially considerin' the socialist recession we be in now, its a real "obamanation" against the Lord (ha! thought that one up all by myself, n' brother Hannity even copied it from me he did). Anyways, Hazelmae's still waterin' those plants on her doublewide porch and I tell her its a waste, but she says it makes things look nice n' pretty just in case that 'ward winnin' Journal World photo guy comes around some day n' takes pictures for the papers of her garden gnome collection. She's got names for all those little fellas, my favorite is Newt.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

It is tied to my micturation schedule.

thuja 2 years, 8 months ago

Fifth. I'll get back with you.