Previous   Next

What would you want in your dream home?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 29, 2011

Browse the archives

“A dream creative studio.”

“A hydraulic lift in my garage.”

“Soundproof room for our recording studio.”

“A room for our guitars.”

Comments

labmonkey 3 years, 5 months ago

But to actually answer the question... a full gym so I don't have to buy a membership, and a large, climate controlled garage/shop to work on any projects and keep a fancy car collection.

JustNoticed 3 years, 5 months ago

Oh Lordy, yes. And a couple of her sisters too.

kernal 3 years, 5 months ago

Pywacket, you could put in an elevator for hubby's grandma!

Gene Wallace 3 years, 5 months ago

Instead of a "Man Cave", a fully equipped Wizard's Tower with all the latest toys!

pizzapete 3 years, 5 months ago

How about a cave man for the basement?

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Indoor plumbing and electricity. Maintaining these extension cords to the neighbors house is a real drag.

Oh, and a bigger vault in the bunker. Enough room for the bunk beds.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM26GZ I've seen this house many, many times going up and down Signal Mountain. Don't know if it's still on the market but it was recently up for sale.

MarcoPogo 3 years, 5 months ago

And if you aim a telescope towards a nearby residence, you might witness a woman being murdered with an industrial drill.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

Really? I haven't lived there in thirteen years. Do tell!

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

Mortgage free, tax free, insurance free, maintenance free, and utility free.

Kookamooka 3 years, 5 months ago

I want a room in the center of a circular house that has a skylight that opens up the ceiling and lets in light. The room has three European style clothes washing machines that then dry the clothes without having to ever switch machines.These are stacked at standing height so there is no bending down. There is a large island in the middle of the room for folding and closets and bureaus all around the perimeter of the room for storage. Every family member's bedroom has a door leading to this inner santcum closet where they can quickly access their stuff. Family members are trained to care for their own stuff and nothing is more than a few feet away. No bending, no hauling, no clothes messes in the bedrooms, no wasteful closet spaces in the bedrooms. Perrrrfect.

kernal 3 years, 5 months ago

Radient floors, atrium, attached greenhouse, sunroom, indoor lap pool, fireplaces in every room (except laundry room and the like), kitchen with the works, butler's pantry, library, laundry shoot, dumb waiter, all on four acres so could have a small orchard and gardens. And, maybe an elevator for when I get too old to manuver the stairs.

Chrissy Neibarger 3 years, 5 months ago

A storm shelter, nice big garden with greenhouse, hot tub, tower library, full kitchen with the latest appliances, heated bathroom floors, and carpeting that punishes the pets for doing their business on it right when it happens.

trinity 3 years, 5 months ago

a ginormous kitchen. cement pond. a billy-ard room. basement bar&lounge. i could go on and on and on....

Liberty275 3 years, 5 months ago

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe, just in case you were wondering.

pizzapete 3 years, 5 months ago

A swimming pool and a corvette in the garage.

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

I can't which, of all the good things that y'all have mentioned, I would like in my dream home, so I'd just ask Pywacket to design it. zip line to the pool? hell, yeah!

Kendall Simmons 3 years, 5 months ago

I already have it. It's the home where my husband comes home and hugs and kisses me and tells me he loves me every day. Where our family comes to just hang out. Where we get to babysit our 9 month old great grandson...who lives with our beautiful granddaughter and his daddy right across the street. Where there's always good conversation and good food and good music...and lots and lots of love.

My husband, of course, would like a full basement where he could store all his junk.

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

Awww. You do indeed have the perfect home :)

labmonkey 3 years, 5 months ago

Loaded with furniture, Soylent Green style.

KSChick1 3 years, 5 months ago

Antonio Banderas bringing me biscuits and gravy every morning...and a Terrebonne shrimp po boy every evening...oh...and a pool

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

Nope, you don't get virgins until you die :P

grammaddy 3 years, 5 months ago

All I ask is that it be self-cleaning.

Kate Rogge 3 years, 5 months ago

A penthouse view of New York's Central Park.

lunacydetector 3 years, 5 months ago

A home that actually appreciates in value.

Liberty275 3 years, 5 months ago

LOL. As an undergrad in Tampa I had an apartment so small I had a sleep-in closet. Literally.

Our next house will be two houses in one. One will be our private house, where we will live and where our dogs will be free to roam, and the other half will doored off, have nicer furniture and will only be used for guests. Also, it will be in Florida and will have a pool. My wife will get to hire the pool boys. In a related issue, I'll be choosing the babysitters.