Previous   Next

What restaurant in town makes your favorite dish, and what’s the dish?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 26, 2011

Browse the archives

“India Palace. The butter chicken.”

“I have to go with Wa. The Philly roll, for sure.”

“The Burger Stand (at the Casbah). They’ve got good burgers. I think I just got The Classic.”

“A Chipotle burrito bowl. Usually steak or chicken.”

Comments

Roland Gunslinger 4 years, 1 month ago

She's a sandwich artist. Does that mean she paints sandwiches? Maybe sculpts them from clay? Etches em in stone?

LadyJ 4 years, 1 month ago

Or she could make art using sandwiches. Now that would be interesting.

cj123 4 years, 1 month ago

Or should could be working at a sandwich shop and better to say sandwich artist! Just like saying a customer service representative instead of saying a cashier! Sounds better!

jackpot 4 years, 1 month ago

So, it's still good to me and I don't have to make it.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

La Parilla: their chille rellenos are unmatched hereabout, though El Mezcal tries...

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 1 month ago

DIST beat me to it. El Mezcal - The Burrito Gigante, especially if I can get some of their white cheese queso to go on it. Chipotle is a chain owned by Mickey D's, Elizabeth. Philistine.

H_Lecter 4 years, 1 month ago

Chipotle left McDs with their $22 per share IPO in Jan. 2006 and McDs finally gave up their shares in Oct. of that year. CMG closed at $334 on Monday; not a bad ride. A Chipotle bowl, w/o a shell, rice or sour cream is the healthier option.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 1 month ago

cait, Chipotle left the Mickey D's family a few years ago, but boy howdy was it fun to drop that little tidbit in conversations.

Talk about silencing the food elite, the fact what some viewed as a little Mexican joint struggling to make ends meet.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Gotta agree with Jesse here! There isn't much downtown that will get me to feed the meter but Pad Thai from Zen Zero will do it.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

"And the Dish ran away with the Spoon. ..."

rumor_man 4 years, 1 month ago

McDonalds - Chicken McNugget Happy Meal.

grammaddy 4 years, 1 month ago

Sonic's Onion Rings.Nobody does them better. NOBODY!

puddleglum 4 years, 1 month ago

Taxburgers....hilarious!!!! "would you like a side of Compton fries with your order?"

Compton fries: french fries known to takeover taxpayers' hamburger buns and use them as free parking garages.

Scott Morgan 4 years, 1 month ago

Johnny in Norte Lawrence does a slider about as good as it gets. Papa Kenos can make a pizza hum when everything is correct.

KSChick1 4 years, 1 month ago

Drunken Noodles at Zen Zero... extra scallions, extra garlic, medium heat... classic burger at Dempseys... steak night at Slow Ride but their chicken quesadillas are pretty good too... reuben or shrimp po'boy at Terrebonne Po'Boys... chicken marsala at Paisano's... southwest eggrolls at Chilis... pork tenderloin at Set Em Up Jack's...

fabian_zimbabwe 4 years, 1 month ago

Free State prepares a mighty tasty pint of Brinkley's Maibock...not exactly a dish, but it's served with perfect presentation every time.

puddleglum 4 years, 1 month ago

hard to drink anything named after goat glands...... Free state should bring back the crimson berry, instead of making it a one week a year beer. I love hearing the brewmaster complain about the berries clogging the lines....what a whiner. go to anywhere in fort collins and you will wonder why free state even exists....and I am going to free state friday night....ha ha! still love the place.

Nick Adams 4 years, 1 month ago

23rd Street Brewery- "The Bill Self" It's their Mac and Cheese w/ buffalo chicken tenders on top!

Kimberly Grosse 4 years, 1 month ago

The Mirth! Chicken salad pita sandwich or the granola are my favorites.

Russell Fryberger 4 years, 1 month ago

Anything cooked at Bergerfry's Grill. Located on my back porch.

lunacydetector 4 years, 1 month ago

the sandwich artist must have been upset when brownback cut funding.....but there's always final friday to display and sell her goods.

which begs the question........do artists pay sales tax or capital gains when they sell a creation?

lunacydetector 4 years, 1 month ago

my favorite dish is the hush puppy, a tasteless deep fried ball of bread. sold only at long john slivers

MarcoPogo 4 years, 1 month ago

The pastrami baguette at Free State. Drunken noodles at Thai House. The Conroy's Favorite. The Mac and Cheese at Basil Leaf. Pizza at Johnny's North.

rockchalker52 4 years, 1 month ago

The Happy Farmer omelet at MIrth is very good.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

It was an appetizer at Uno's, or the turkey and artichoke sandwich at Bambinos, then again Mass. Street deli had great sandwiches, or the chocolate ice cream with almonds in it at Baskin Robbins, ugh. All my favorite places to eat always end up leaving me. As long as I can still get the very occasional potato skins from Johnny's I'll be good.

rbwaa 4 years, 1 month ago

cheese quesidillas and tacos at El Matador

schula 4 years, 1 month ago

Pad Thai from Zen Zero Penne Abruzzi from Paisano's Flaming Cheese from Mad Greek

A long time ago, it was the Blackened Snapper at Paradise Cafe (I sure miss that place)

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

An omlette at First Watch. I especially like the one with sausage gravy over it.

Crazy_Larry 4 years, 1 month ago

Paisano's used to have an awesome dish they called 'pasta crusted salmon' that I couldn't get enough of, but they quit serving it. Now my favorite is at Dempsey's Burger Pub: Smoked Stacked Burger with an egg on top, salty sweet potato fries and a house salad.

Irenaku 4 years, 1 month ago

sniff....Paradise Cafe...I miss it, too.

Katara 4 years, 1 month ago

Ants on a tree at Jade Garden Most items at El Matador

mdrndgtl 4 years, 1 month ago

I really enjoy everything Ingredient offers. Just kidding, everything is terrible.

Shadysides 4 years, 1 month ago

Tortas Jalisco - Tacos de birria when you can get them (I'm told they will be a permanent menu item at the downtown location), any other time, anything on the menu is better than anything else in town. Adobada meat is truly a gift. Diablo fish tacos heat things up nicely.

Wa is a close runner up.

John_Tesh 4 years, 1 month ago

depends on mood.

american food is a tie between applebees/chillis

mexican tie between salty iguana/el mezcal

Gene Wallace 4 years ago

Catfish dinner with a Newcastle or two at Set-em Up Jack's.