Previous   Next

How often do you get parking tickets?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“Never. I just got my car back.”

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

“I generally go for the free parking, so nil. I don’t get them.”

“Never. I don’t own a car.”

Comments

labmonkey 4 years, 1 month ago

At least there are cute teachers in South Korea.

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

I average one or two a year. It's just another way of paying to park.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

"Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

I call B.S.!!!!

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Parking ticket? One. Thirty plus years ago.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Walmart. Home Depot. Target. Kohl's. Ace. Take as much time as you need, no parking meters AND lower prices. Even if there is a higher tax rate you pay less.

Sure, there are benefits to shopping downtown . . . . . . just can't think of any . . .

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

Probably driving her daddy's Escalade. Doesn't mean he didn't pay the fine. Still call B.S. Tickets are numbered and must be accounted for, carbon copies turned in don't go away.

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

Sara, depending on where and how long ago that happened, and if the car was registered in your name, you may want to check and make sure there's not a warrant out with your name on it or the car owner's name.

grammaddy 4 years, 1 month ago

Only 1 in the 25 years I've lived here.At a football game on the hill.Didn't see the "NO parking "sign until we got ready to leave and the big van in front of us pulled off.

FlintlockRifle 4 years, 1 month ago

I am like Roe about thirty to thirtyfive years ago, don't go there anymore, nothing but eating places anyway-----

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Going downtown is about being seen. Witness Protection Services advise againstit.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

If you could see her eyes you'd know she's lyin' . . .

Terry Sexton 4 years, 1 month ago

I was downtown with my friend, Gus, who reneged on his turn to spring for the lunch tab. We headed back to his car when Gus realized he'd forgotten his phone & had to go back. While I waited for him, I took the ticket off the car next to his & placed it under Gus' wiper blade. When he returned, he grabbed it, stuffed the fine inside & a crammed it in the collection box. And he still had time on the meter. Silly Gus.

betteratKU_law 4 years, 1 month ago

21st. At least a three per year. I think the Parking Nazi has been getting up earlier and writing tickets faster ever since the rates went up downtown. She is a fierce woman but jokes on her, I just consider it my yearly donation to the city.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

autie, lemurs have a very vague sense of time. Parking meters mean nothing to them. They'll walk up to a tree and stick quarters into a knothole and walk away thinking they're legally parked.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

Ever since I got my Apache helicopter, nobody dares give me a ticket. If they try, I kindly point them to the .50 cal. cannon and they just nod and walk away. Quickly. Not to mention the attack dogs I've got in co pilot.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

I carry one around strapped to my back hairs with duct tape :D

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 1 month ago

Few drums per hour. With the attack dogs it's a lil more. canttalkaboutit

bickpaul11 4 years, 1 month ago

ive only had one since i left my car downtown overnight... better than paying $5,000 for a DUI

BrianR 4 years, 1 month ago

So Sara parked illegally and littered. Nice. Tearing them up doesn't make them go away, genius.