Previous   Next

How often do you get parking tickets?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“Never. I just got my car back.”

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

“I generally go for the free parking, so nil. I don’t get them.”

“Never. I don’t own a car.”

Comments

labmonkey 3 years, 11 months ago

At least there are cute teachers in South Korea.

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

I average one or two a year. It's just another way of paying to park.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

"Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

I call B.S.!!!!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Parking ticket? One. Thirty plus years ago.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Walmart. Home Depot. Target. Kohl's. Ace. Take as much time as you need, no parking meters AND lower prices. Even if there is a higher tax rate you pay less.

Sure, there are benefits to shopping downtown . . . . . . just can't think of any . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

Probably driving her daddy's Escalade. Doesn't mean he didn't pay the fine. Still call B.S. Tickets are numbered and must be accounted for, carbon copies turned in don't go away.

kernal 3 years, 11 months ago

Sara, depending on where and how long ago that happened, and if the car was registered in your name, you may want to check and make sure there's not a warrant out with your name on it or the car owner's name.

grammaddy 3 years, 11 months ago

Only 1 in the 25 years I've lived here.At a football game on the hill.Didn't see the "NO parking "sign until we got ready to leave and the big van in front of us pulled off.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 11 months ago

I am like Roe about thirty to thirtyfive years ago, don't go there anymore, nothing but eating places anyway-----

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Going downtown is about being seen. Witness Protection Services advise againstit.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

If you could see her eyes you'd know she's lyin' . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 11 months ago

I was downtown with my friend, Gus, who reneged on his turn to spring for the lunch tab. We headed back to his car when Gus realized he'd forgotten his phone & had to go back. While I waited for him, I took the ticket off the car next to his & placed it under Gus' wiper blade. When he returned, he grabbed it, stuffed the fine inside & a crammed it in the collection box. And he still had time on the meter. Silly Gus.

betteratKU_law 3 years, 11 months ago

21st. At least a three per year. I think the Parking Nazi has been getting up earlier and writing tickets faster ever since the rates went up downtown. She is a fierce woman but jokes on her, I just consider it my yearly donation to the city.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 11 months ago

autie, lemurs have a very vague sense of time. Parking meters mean nothing to them. They'll walk up to a tree and stick quarters into a knothole and walk away thinking they're legally parked.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

Ever since I got my Apache helicopter, nobody dares give me a ticket. If they try, I kindly point them to the .50 cal. cannon and they just nod and walk away. Quickly. Not to mention the attack dogs I've got in co pilot.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

I carry one around strapped to my back hairs with duct tape :D

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

Few drums per hour. With the attack dogs it's a lil more. canttalkaboutit

bickpaul11 3 years, 11 months ago

ive only had one since i left my car downtown overnight... better than paying $5,000 for a DUI

BrianR 3 years, 11 months ago

So Sara parked illegally and littered. Nice. Tearing them up doesn't make them go away, genius.