Previous   Next

How often do you get parking tickets?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“Never. I just got my car back.”

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

“I generally go for the free parking, so nil. I don’t get them.”

“Never. I don’t own a car.”

Comments

BrianR 2 years, 8 months ago

So Sara parked illegally and littered. Nice. Tearing them up doesn't make them go away, genius.

bickpaul11 2 years, 8 months ago

ive only had one since i left my car downtown overnight... better than paying $5,000 for a DUI

BABBOY 2 years, 8 months ago

I get them sometimes. I am kind of boring on this one. I do not rip them up or try not to pay them.

I usually pay right away so I do not forget and because if you do not pay right way the costs go up dramatically and small thing becomes a big thing.

I am guessing that cute little tear up the ticket girl has lots of issues......

(which -- of course, --- means she would fall in love with me instantly upon meeting meeting and follow me everywhere I go)

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 8 months ago

Ever since I got my Apache helicopter, nobody dares give me a ticket. If they try, I kindly point them to the .50 cal. cannon and they just nod and walk away. Quickly. Not to mention the attack dogs I've got in co pilot.

g_rock 2 years, 8 months ago

I think I've only had one real one. But when I was on jury duty we were told that we could park in the meters if we couldn't find a spot and the bailiff would take care of the tickets. That was sort of fun but did not make up for having to hear testimony about gore on my birthday.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 8 months ago

autie, lemurs have a very vague sense of time. Parking meters mean nothing to them. They'll walk up to a tree and stick quarters into a knothole and walk away thinking they're legally parked.

HollisBrown 2 years, 8 months ago

I've done that, prospector. I also did this. I was walking around this urban area one morning, drunk and bored, and I walked past a car with a parking ticket on it, a $20 fine in the early 90's. I felt bad for the guy, so I took the ticket, wrote something really vulgar on it, and mailed it in. I even used my own stamp. I learned about doing that kind of thing in that "Pay It Forward" movie.

HollisBrown 2 years, 8 months ago

It depends on where you mean? Downtown? Tons. And it was always devastating. I got most of them when they were $2. I worked down there and often forgot to feed the meter. Imagine. 2 whole dollars. I think it might be $3 now. I was even a habitual offender at several points. Then it's 10 whole dollars. And there are people in many cities who pay $20-$40 per parking ticket. No wonder the economy is a mess. If everyone in this town would pay their $3 parking tickets before the end of the month, the debt ceiling issue would be solved.

prospector 2 years, 8 months ago

All the time, I just put it under the wiper blade of the car next to me.

betteratKU_law 2 years, 8 months ago

21st. At least a three per year. I think the Parking Nazi has been getting up earlier and writing tickets faster ever since the rates went up downtown. She is a fierce woman but jokes on her, I just consider it my yearly donation to the city.

rockchalker52 2 years, 8 months ago

I was downtown with my friend, Gus, who reneged on his turn to spring for the lunch tab. We headed back to his car when Gus realized he'd forgotten his phone & had to go back. While I waited for him, I took the ticket off the car next to his & placed it under Gus' wiper blade. When he returned, he grabbed it, stuffed the fine inside & a crammed it in the collection box. And he still had time on the meter. Silly Gus.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

Some exploit the system, then try to assuage their guilt by whining about the Koch's.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

If you could see her eyes you'd know she's lyin' . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

Going downtown is about being seen. Witness Protection Services advise againstit.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

Snap, I hears that lemurs be habitual violators. Is that true?

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 8 months ago

I am like Roe about thirty to thirtyfive years ago, don't go there anymore, nothing but eating places anyway-----

Flap Doodle 2 years, 8 months ago

Haven't gotten one in this century.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

Never. I don't get parking tickets. I am immune.

but other than that I cain't taukboutit i alreedy saids to much.

grammaddy 2 years, 8 months ago

Only 1 in the 25 years I've lived here.At a football game on the hill.Didn't see the "NO parking "sign until we got ready to leave and the big van in front of us pulled off.

kernal 2 years, 8 months ago

Sara, depending on where and how long ago that happened, and if the car was registered in your name, you may want to check and make sure there's not a warrant out with your name on it or the car owner's name.

panzermike007 2 years, 8 months ago

What might be ironic is that if Sarah the self centered, has a warrant for failure to appear, her degree is useless. Can't work for a law enforcement agency with a record.

panzermike007 2 years, 8 months ago

I wonder if this spoiled brat has a warrant for failure to appear, after tearing up the ticket?

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

“Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

Probably driving her daddy's Escalade. Doesn't mean he didn't pay the fine. Still call B.S. Tickets are numbered and must be accounted for, carbon copies turned in don't go away.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

Walmart. Home Depot. Target. Kohl's. Ace. Take as much time as you need, no parking meters AND lower prices. Even if there is a higher tax rate you pay less.

Sure, there are benefits to shopping downtown . . . . . . just can't think of any . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

Parking ticket? One. Thirty plus years ago.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

"Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

I call B.S.!!!!

Bill Lee 2 years, 8 months ago

I average one or two a year. It's just another way of paying to park.

Gandalf 2 years, 8 months ago

I got so excited I forgot to answer the question. Never, if I go downtown I just walk.

Gandalf 2 years, 8 months ago

"Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

A girl after my own heart!

HollisBrown 2 years, 8 months ago

Andrew just makes me sad. This song stands up pretty well on it's own. However, if you had heard "The River" or "Point Blank", you'd know that it was all formula at this point. This is the "sad song" on "Born inthe USA", the album where he hit a fork in the road and went the wrong way. But everything up thru "Nebraska" was brilliant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3-dtb...

labmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago

At least there are cute teachers in South Korea.

HollisBrown 2 years, 8 months ago

"Not since I ripped one up in the street in front of the person.”

Great idea! I got this summons yesterday to appear in court for disorderly conduct and urinating in public. I'm gonna tear it up and not show up for court. I'm sure it'll just go away. Then I think I'll be a forensic scientist, or maybe a lawyer. Thanks for the advice!