Previous   Next

What’s your favorite thing to do when at the fair?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on July 23, 2011

Browse the archives

“I just love the carnival food, like good corn dogs.”

“I like the Ferris Wheel.”

“I like a little of everything. I like the livestock, the tractor pulls and if I’m feeling lucky enough to recapture my youth I might jump on one of those scary rides.”

“I haven’t been to the fair in a while but I like the demo derby.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 11 months ago

Catch walleye and brook trout in Minnesota. Bye.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Nothing "fair" boutit. It's "extremely" hot. Smelly. Expensive. And for all but a handful of entrants, extremely disappointing.

Yeah, I was always picked last on the playground too . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Years ago I worked with a man whose family were carnies. He said they were like locusts, going from town to town, stealing anything that wasn't tied down. I'm pretty sure they took a flatbed trailer from a construction site in K.C. in the eighties. He seemed to want to talk boutit a lot . . .

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

The Douglas County Free Fair is pretty cheap entertainment, it's too hot this year for me to consider going. If it were cooler, I'd enjoy showing my grandkids the animals.

Lawrence_Pilot 3 years, 11 months ago

I'd like to show my grandkids the 'carnies. They are the lowest forms of human life in America, so it's fun to look at them like animals in the zoo.

labmonkey 3 years, 11 months ago

At least they work for a living. And when they do steal, at least there is no pretense about it... unlike the eastern 'dotte and much of KCMO who sit at home and steal money from the taxpayer. I would have to say the welfare and SS fraud people are lower forms of life in America.

labmonkey 3 years, 11 months ago

Favorite thing about the fair.... 400 lb carnie chicks of course.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

Well lets number off his traits. 1. He likes carnival food. 2. He may have a cat. 3. Wears glasses. 4. Smiley I think he's a real catch. Call me Miles!