Previous   Next

What did you get at the Sidewalk Sale?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 22, 2011

Browse the archives

“Some KU stuff, a couple men’s shirts, a pair of shoes and jewelry, jewelry, jewelry.”

“I got a jar of orange marmalade”

“A North Face jacket.”

“We got some incense, a dress and a wall tapestry.”

Comments

labmonkey 6 years ago

I had a hard time trying to decide between the asphalt or the concrete, and decided not to buy any because I would have to shovel it in the winter anyway.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

You're kiddin' right? If anything would make me go postal it would be trying to make my way through a crowd like that! No, I just stay home, enjoy the P&Q. Little woman picked me up a few nick-knacks, couple of t-shirts, . . whatever. None of which was produced locally. Could of done that at Walmart . . .

RoeDapple 6 years ago

"I got soaked with sweat, two new railroad spikes and four broken cigarettes. Plus some mean boys up in the 600 block chased me. Then I got cussed."

Musta been in Topeka . . .

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

My friend, Gus, got a sunburn, heat rash, and a parking ticket. He said it was his best haul in years.

tomatogrower 6 years ago

I got an awesome skirt at Calamity Janes for $15. I've seen skirts like it for $90 and up.

Flap Doodle 6 years ago

I was looking for some reloadable 5.75 Velo Dog brass. My efforts were not crowned with success. :(

gsxr600 6 years ago

A North Face jacked to match my insanely cool and unique Ray Ban Wayfarers.

~Keil

bickpaul11 6 years ago

A KU hat from Lids, a pair of jeans from the Buckle, and a winter snow cap from Sunflower Outdoor

ksriver2010 6 years ago

Heat exhaustion. OMG it was hot.

Irenaku 6 years ago

I bought three antique door knobs which I will be using for Festivus gifts I am making, a Project Lydia bracelet at discount, a jar of curry sauce half off for my sweetheart, a Dusty Bookshelf t-shirt for myself half off, a Dusty Bookshelf t-shirt for my 5 year old niece half off (one with a pic of the cat on it...she loves the cat and sometimes accidentally calls the store the Dirty Bookstore, hahaha),and a little beaded crab keychain made by a women's bead co-op on Guatemala which recieves 100% of the profits. NICE! I looooove the sidewalk sale!

whats_going_on 6 years ago

stuff from Garry Gribbles, some shampoo at one of the barbers, a sweater and shirt. Didn't bother going to the huge stores (AE, Urban)...I heard their lines were outrageous. After awhile I just got too pissed off at the crowds (more specifically, when people only have one lane to walk, and then someone just decides to stop and everyone else has no where to go...happened a gazillion times...rude)

Kat Christian 6 years ago

I've never found a bargain at the Sidewalk Sale. Didn't even bother this year - too hot and can't afford it. If I find anything there lower than Wal-mart price I'll buy it (which is rare) so to me there is no bargain.

Crazy_Larry 6 years ago

A new Kimber Ultra CDP II with a 1000 rounds of 45 ACP, and a Ruger Mini-14 with a couple 30-round magazines and a 1000 rounds of 5.56. Good times ahead!

Crazy_Larry 6 years ago

The sidewalk sale I went to wasn't in Larryville.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

1000 rounds? Hell, that wouldn't fill all my 20 round mags!

RoeDapple 6 years ago

Thanks Jesse. I've been hearing some bad press about Bitterroot Valley ammo. A lot of FTF and FTE. Besides, the bunker is starting to slide down the hill now. Any more weight in it and I will have to buy land from the neighbor

Crazy_Larry 6 years ago

LOL! I know what you mean. We probably have more in common than not. I keep a lot of ammo (more than 10,000 rounds) around the house--I'm a weapons collector too.

I just bought 1000 rounds of green tip Mil-Spec M855 62 gr. FMJ bullets constructed with a steel penetrator in the nose. I wanted something else besides the standard 55 gr., which I have a couple thousand rounds of for the AR-15.

I also keep an AR-10 with a few 1000 rounds of 7.62. And there's the Remmy 700 in 300 Win Mag, which is used for reaching out and touching things. My synthetic Remington 7400 is chambered in 30-06. Whoa!

Crazy_Larry 6 years ago

Duly noted and clarification provided. Enjoy your Friday, good Sir.

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

any guy downtown in that heat more than twenty minutes had bubblegum balls.

earline james 6 years ago

"Grab bags" from the Antiques Mall. A few lucky finds (pr of earrings, a bracelet), but mostly crap (tiny plastic cars and robots) and tootise rolls.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy the Sidewalk Sale.

BruceWayne 6 years ago

heat stroke...now I talk out of one side of my mouth. one more person calls me Lynne Jenkins and I'll...

Crazy_Larry 6 years ago

My nickname for Lynn is Bucket mouth!

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

I'd like to watch Multi shop next year. We could meet up at the corner of Crash & Burn.

Tony Kisner 6 years ago

I got hot and sweaty, and apparently in the way.

3up3down 6 years ago

Oh gee, we have a sidewalk sale?