Previous   Next

What did you get at the Sidewalk Sale?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 22, 2011

Browse the archives

“Some KU stuff, a couple men’s shirts, a pair of shoes and jewelry, jewelry, jewelry.”

“I got a jar of orange marmalade”

“A North Face jacket.”

“We got some incense, a dress and a wall tapestry.”

Comments

labmonkey 3 years, 5 months ago

I had a hard time trying to decide between the asphalt or the concrete, and decided not to buy any because I would have to shovel it in the winter anyway.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

You're kiddin' right? If anything would make me go postal it would be trying to make my way through a crowd like that! No, I just stay home, enjoy the P&Q. Little woman picked me up a few nick-knacks, couple of t-shirts, . . whatever. None of which was produced locally. Could of done that at Walmart . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

"I got soaked with sweat, two new railroad spikes and four broken cigarettes. Plus some mean boys up in the 600 block chased me. Then I got cussed."

Musta been in Topeka . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

My friend, Gus, got a sunburn, heat rash, and a parking ticket. He said it was his best haul in years.

tomatogrower 3 years, 5 months ago

I got an awesome skirt at Calamity Janes for $15. I've seen skirts like it for $90 and up.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

I was looking for some reloadable 5.75 Velo Dog brass. My efforts were not crowned with success. :(

gsxr600 3 years, 5 months ago

A North Face jacked to match my insanely cool and unique Ray Ban Wayfarers.

~Keil

bickpaul11 3 years, 5 months ago

A KU hat from Lids, a pair of jeans from the Buckle, and a winter snow cap from Sunflower Outdoor

Irenaku 3 years, 5 months ago

I bought three antique door knobs which I will be using for Festivus gifts I am making, a Project Lydia bracelet at discount, a jar of curry sauce half off for my sweetheart, a Dusty Bookshelf t-shirt for myself half off, a Dusty Bookshelf t-shirt for my 5 year old niece half off (one with a pic of the cat on it...she loves the cat and sometimes accidentally calls the store the Dirty Bookstore, hahaha),and a little beaded crab keychain made by a women's bead co-op on Guatemala which recieves 100% of the profits. NICE! I looooove the sidewalk sale!

whats_going_on 3 years, 5 months ago

stuff from Garry Gribbles, some shampoo at one of the barbers, a sweater and shirt. Didn't bother going to the huge stores (AE, Urban)...I heard their lines were outrageous. After awhile I just got too pissed off at the crowds (more specifically, when people only have one lane to walk, and then someone just decides to stop and everyone else has no where to go...happened a gazillion times...rude)

Kat Christian 3 years, 5 months ago

I've never found a bargain at the Sidewalk Sale. Didn't even bother this year - too hot and can't afford it. If I find anything there lower than Wal-mart price I'll buy it (which is rare) so to me there is no bargain.

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 5 months ago

A new Kimber Ultra CDP II with a 1000 rounds of 45 ACP, and a Ruger Mini-14 with a couple 30-round magazines and a 1000 rounds of 5.56. Good times ahead!

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 5 months ago

The sidewalk sale I went to wasn't in Larryville.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

1000 rounds? Hell, that wouldn't fill all my 20 round mags!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Thanks Jesse. I've been hearing some bad press about Bitterroot Valley ammo. A lot of FTF and FTE. Besides, the bunker is starting to slide down the hill now. Any more weight in it and I will have to buy land from the neighbor

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 5 months ago

LOL! I know what you mean. We probably have more in common than not. I keep a lot of ammo (more than 10,000 rounds) around the house--I'm a weapons collector too.

I just bought 1000 rounds of green tip Mil-Spec M855 62 gr. FMJ bullets constructed with a steel penetrator in the nose. I wanted something else besides the standard 55 gr., which I have a couple thousand rounds of for the AR-15.

I also keep an AR-10 with a few 1000 rounds of 7.62. And there's the Remmy 700 in 300 Win Mag, which is used for reaching out and touching things. My synthetic Remington 7400 is chambered in 30-06. Whoa!

Crazy_Larry 3 years, 5 months ago

Duly noted and clarification provided. Enjoy your Friday, good Sir.

Eileen Jones 3 years, 5 months ago

Hardly anything. A couple of toys. Too many of the stores just put out regular clearance racks with regular clearance prices. Who wants to endure the crowds, parking and heat for the same clearance prices they can get any other day at the end of the season?

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

any guy downtown in that heat more than twenty minutes had bubblegum balls.

earline james 3 years, 5 months ago

"Grab bags" from the Antiques Mall. A few lucky finds (pr of earrings, a bracelet), but mostly crap (tiny plastic cars and robots) and tootise rolls.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy the Sidewalk Sale.

BruceWayne 3 years, 5 months ago

heat stroke...now I talk out of one side of my mouth. one more person calls me Lynne Jenkins and I'll...

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to watch Multi shop next year. We could meet up at the corner of Crash & Burn.

Tony Kisner 3 years, 5 months ago

I got hot and sweaty, and apparently in the way.