Previous   Next

If you could have any magical power, what would it be?

Browse the archives

“I’d see the future. That way I could win the lottery.”

“I guess I’d want to have super speed. I’ve always been slow.”

“To fly… because I could go anywhere in the world.”

“I guess I would be a genie so I could grant wishes for other people.”

Comments

Russell Fryberger 3 years, 5 months ago

The power to detect and destroy child molesters and people who mistreat animals.

sharong 3 years, 5 months ago

I agree 100% with bergerfry!!!! That's what I would do!

grammaddy 3 years, 5 months ago

That's always been mine. Imagine the fun you could have with that.

Mary Darst 3 years, 5 months ago

To twitch my nose and be anywhere where the temp is less than 80 degrees.

Tony Kisner 3 years, 5 months ago

But if you have the right magical powers you might!

It is not the wand but the magic it contains.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

HOT!! Bring it! I have enjoyed being outdoors more in the last week than the rest of the year!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Nothing better for cleansing the pores than a drenching sweat! Soaked T-shirt, dripping on your shoes til they're water logged, sun beating down on your neck, itch from garden vines, mosquitoes and chiggers gnawing on places that don't get enough exposure most of the year! No power is more magical than enjoying what nature brings!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Magical power? Whitney gave hers up, I'll take it. That big red disapearededed button would provide all the magic I could use! Not to mention the new game I would start. "Disapearededed For A Day! WTF?" Choose random posters to vanish for 24 hours, leaving them to wonder . . .

Bill Lee 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to be able to observe the past and future. I don't want to interact with them, but as a history buff, I'd find it interesting to see what really happened, not just what historians have told us happened. Among other things, it would enable me to scale some walls on my family tree. Looking into the future might prove depressing, but if I'm going to look back, I should take at least a glance forward. I might avoid a few stumbles.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to have super copy/paste skills so I could post the same set of crappola links hundreds and hundreds of times on this award-winning website without vomiting.

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

Not happy with your own snap-copy-and-paste skills?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

I stick to using a link one time. It's better that way.

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

Oh, got it. Your practice of copy and paste is better. Rarely related to the subject at hand, but better. Um ... got it.

You probably could save some time if you just came up with a symbol that means "I hate Obama" and paste that whenever you feel the urge. It will carry the same meaning as your current pasting habits.

H_Lecter 3 years, 5 months ago

The power to turn myself into a woman. I'd put mirrors in the shower and...oh never mind.

H_Lecter 3 years, 5 months ago

"Brain Damage" or "Commercial Success?"

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I refuse to like BABBOY! I refuse to like BABBOY! I refuse to like BABBOY!

Damn . . . starting to like BABBOY . . .

What did I do wrong . . .

Deja Coffin 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to be able to go from one place to another just by thinking of the place like in the movie Jumper. Gas prices make traveling anywhere a pain in the butt.

That or be able to read people's minds.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 5 months ago

Darn! I spent so much time thinking of my magical power that I lost the item I was bidding on on ebay! Man!! That dang OTS gets me every time!

Deja Coffin 3 years, 5 months ago

Do your tomatoes have blossom rot also? I'm taking the 123 egg shells from the wedding cake I'm making and crushing them up and putting them on the soil around my tomatoes. I hope that works because it's just cruel to get ready to pick a tomato only to find out it's half rotten!

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Ha! We went to see NGDB in '71 in the auditorium at KSTC! The first two bands played late so when the Dirty Band had only been playing for about half an hour the cops came in to shut it down for running after midnight. The crowd raised a stink so they let them play til 1:00AM

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

The raccoons has discovered my sweet corn. I don't think milk will help.

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

I wish I could make our politicians work together for the good of the nation instead of just for their own political and personal gains.

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

RoeDapple (anonymous) says… The raccoons has discovered my sweet corn. I don't think milk will help.

I ran across this artice about using vcr tape to keep deer and other critters out of a garden http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/garden-deer-fence-zm0z11zhun.aspx I also read, you guys will like this one, that peeing around the edge of the garden will keep them away. Don't try if you are visible to the public though, don't want to get arrested.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

"Don't try if you are visible to the public though"

.. . . . oops . . .

goodcountrypeople 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't believe in retaliation but certainly would welcome a bit of "karma enforcement" directed at the lying liars in charge at KU and one or two other neighboring flagship universities who don't by a long shot reach KU's level of moral turpitude but still are hardly angels.

It may sound ironic, but I'd only wish that the civil rights laws that are already on the books were simply followed and enforced in good faith and that the mountain people of places like MO and KS would quit caving into brutal, conflict-of-interest authorities and get over their unconscious bigotry and ignorance.

In short, I'd wish that intelligent, aware life was appreciated and respected ( or at least not aggressed upon by fools) in those parts of the country where currently that seems highly unlikely. It would take magic or a miracle!

begin60 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd ask that all the harm done by the ignorance of people who live in whitebutt states like Kansas be undone and redeemed, and that I'd be given the immediate wherewithal to move back to civilization--somewhere on the West Coast.

kernal 3 years, 5 months ago

The power to give some politicians a mental wake-up might be useful.

estespark 3 years, 5 months ago

The ability to make a long distance phone call for only 99 cents.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 5 months ago

You can always plant green beans again later in the season for your fall garden but you'll still have the deer. Although baiting them with green beans might make hunting them a little easier.

riverdrifter 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like the power to find stuff. Anything. My checkbook. A set of car keys I lost last winter when the snow was deep. There's some bullets missing from the Kennedy assassination. Civil war stuff: a friend in Tennessee finds unexploded mortars from the civil war, takes them to his basement, sips some whiskey and carefully drains the powder out of them and when he feels just right from that Knob Creek sour mash he ingnites it. Blazes him gold for an instant. It pisses his wife off 'cause it stinks up the house. I'd like to find silver and gold coins and Quantrill's trail and history. I've got a high dollar metal detector and am getting better at using it. Bottom line is, you gotta get on your prayer bones and dig and search. And dig. And search. It'd be nicer if you could just find stuff. 'There it is.'