Previous   Next

Do you floss?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 17, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yes. Every night.”

“No.”

“Occasionally.”

“No, although I did floss the other day for the first time this year.”

Comments

OTSPolice 3 years, 9 months ago

I think his/her "First" is a reference to being the first commenter, not the first person to respond with a "No". Thus, the periods after each word. "First No" would make your reply relevant, but that's not what it says.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Well since the question doesn't have to be qualified by how often . . . Yes.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

OTSPolice (anonymous) replies… "How does that answer the question?"

Back at you bro . . .

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

Not as often as I should, and my teeth have paid the price.

appleaday 3 years, 9 months ago

I know someone who asked a dentist which teeth they should floss. The dentist replied, "Only the ones you want to keep."

LadyJ 3 years, 9 months ago

Just think of all that floss thrown away every day. What does it do to our eco system? There has to be a way to reuse it. There are suggestions on the web for alternate uses for floss http://www.thethriftymama.com/2011/04/uses-dental-floss.html So save the floss for sewing on buttons, slicing eggs, and tying up plants.

LadyJ 3 years, 9 months ago

Strange, it works on the preview comment page.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

I used to go to a dentist who told me I had excellent teeth. After his wife filed for divorce he decided I needed $36,000 worth of work. My new dentist says I have excellent teeth. I hope he doesn't get divorced.

rockchalker52 3 years, 9 months ago

Those 'Reach' flossers with the toothbrush-like handle & the replaceable floss head have converted me to a regular nighttime floss guy. Before that I just lied to the hygienist & dentist. They'd say 'Sure, we believe you' and dig extra hard under the gum line. Ouch. Don't fib to the dentist, folks. They ain't stoopid.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

"Don't fib to the dentist, folks. They ain't stoopid."

My former dentist was stupid enough to try to make me believe I needed to help him pay his alimony.

rockchalker52 3 years, 9 months ago

well, ok, the former Mrs. Dentist is apparently smarter than her ex.

H_Lecter 3 years, 9 months ago

Glide. It's so strong that you could floss your teeth and then strangle someone with the same piece.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 9 months ago

You shouldn't floss, because if you do you're more likely to live to long and then run out of money in your golden years.

People who floss regularly live on average several years longer than those who do not.

But, a nurse once told me that statistic might be misleading, because those who floss regularly tend to take much better care of their body.

So, never mind.

verity 3 years, 9 months ago

Why is dental floss so expensive?

Is fishing line cheaper? If so, I might try that.

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 9 months ago

You only think it is expensive because you were looking at name brand products. Name brand dental floss is probably three times the price of the generic one that I use.

I use Equate Dental Floss Mint Waxed, you can buy it at Wal Mart at a very low price. I am very happy with it.

verity 3 years, 9 months ago

Why is dental floss so expensive?

Is fishing line cheaper? If so, I might try that.

verity 3 years, 9 months ago

What the . . . ?

How did that happen?

8ball 3 years, 9 months ago

oral-it makes my teeth bleed,anal-whenever i wear my thong