Previous   Next

Will you see the new Harry Potter movie?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 15, 2011

Browse the archives

“I just bought tickets today.”

“Not today… I’ll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.”

“My son is going tomorrow morning… I will wait until it’s easier to get a ticket.”

“I would like to. I’ve seen all the others.”

Comments

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

I've never read the books or seen the other movies, so I don't think this is where to start.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Probably not. The neighbors gerbils are still going at it, and near as I can tell won't stop 'til all twenty three of them are dead. You would think the two males would have had enough, but hell no, it's a regular love fest in there. Them boys is insatiable. I even saw one of 'em eyeballin' the cat. The little perv.

looza 3 years, 11 months ago

No Thanks......I would rather watch a doody float in the toilet.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Not even then. Duct tape me to the chair, pull my fingernails with pliers, water board me. I even switch channels when the trailers come on.

Wait . . . We are talking about Nancy Grace aren't we?

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Hairy Potter sounds like a case of terminal constipation . . to me . . just sayin' . .

JayCat_67 3 years, 11 months ago

I thought hairy potter was like... Tommy Chong or something.

rockchalker52 3 years, 11 months ago

I just might. Gonna have to catch up on the last 3 or 4 first. Harry is cool & JK is cool. Rowling, that is, although the more locally known JK is showing signs of coolness, also.

ejc349 3 years, 11 months ago

Not only no, do I plan to see it, or any of the others, but hell no. They are evil, satanic, and so demonic that the thought scares me. But I have the Holy Spirit so I shouldn't be scared. Any unholy spirit I want nothing to do with. Some dumb female preacher said she read them to find the difference between good and evil. I told her to open her eyes. We are surrounded by it.

ejc349 3 years, 11 months ago

MarcoPogo 3 years, 11 months ago

The demonic invisible pig from "The Amityville Horror".

JayCat_67 3 years, 11 months ago

Dang, I thought it was the dude that was going to steal my girlfriend while I was at basic training...

tomatogrower 3 years, 11 months ago

Reading all these comments really reminds me of when I worked in the schools. All the "cool" kids made fun of Harry Potter, but hadn't even attempted to read the books. Come to think of it, they didn't read much of anything. Reading isn't "cool". So now I'm wondering about all of you "cool" posters. Why are you posting on this forum if you are so cool? If dressing up in costumes and having a good time with fellow humans is nerdy, call me a nerd. I'd rather do that than hunker down in my mommy's basement playing on my computer, pretending to be "cool".

boxers_or_briefs 3 years, 11 months ago

So you come on here making fun of people like other commenters as well...pot meet kettle...

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Are you grumpy because it is now past tomato season?

tomatogrower 3 years, 11 months ago

Tomato season has only just begun. I'm grumpy, because it's too hot, and I am too busy with the tomato growing to go see the new Harry Potter movie.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

Well, out here in AZ, I pulled the last wimpy tomatos from the plants I have about a week ago. Just too hot to continue. They are good, but can't touch what I was able to grow in Kansas.

It is okay about not seeing the HP movie right away. Wait a month, then go in full costume! Anyone can dress up when supported by a crowd of like-minded folks, but go it alone when there are only 10 other people in the theater -- that is the stuff of a true fan.

rockchalker52 3 years, 11 months ago

Question? We don't need no stinkin' question. Adding 4 or 5 miles per round trip, CW,. but only if I actually get off my duff & go somewhere - say, to the movies or sumthin'.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

"I'd rather do that than hunker down in my mommy's basement playing on my computer, pretending to be "cool".

Don't let tomatogrower kid you. He's only seen the light of day once in the last six years, when the paramedics came to separate his back hair from his recliner cushion.

beatrice 3 years, 11 months ago

I'm waiting for the real battle -- "Harry Potter and the American Debt."

It is guaranteed to drag on and on and on and have many sequels with many people blaming everyone else and the lead roles will eventually be taken over by the grand children and great grandchildren of Harry Potter without ever coming to a real conclusion as the debt will continue to grow and grow and the story will run on even more than this sentence.

Or:

I'd rather see "Harry Potter and Nancy" -- the story of a British wizard who joins a punk rock band and runs amok with his heroin-addicted girlfriend. While high, he accidentally kills her with his magic wand when he tries to turn dust bunnies into coke. If nothing else, it is worth it for the great soundtrack.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 11 months ago

We'll probably wait until we buy it on dvd. It is a lot easier to watch movies with noisy kids in the comfort of our own home.

wmathews 3 years, 11 months ago

Well, since the printer is taking an abnormal amount of time to spit out these documents for a meeting I have Monday, I'm forced to chime in...

Of course I will see HP. I'm an Internet nerd. It's what we do. We see HP and tweet about it. But the man wants to see it, too. So I can't go until the 10-game home stand starts next week. Wahhhhh my life is hard.

squarepusher 3 years, 11 months ago

No, Harry Potter is an alcoholic. I don't want my kids to pick up the habit.