Previous   Next

How often do you ride your bike during the summer?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“As much as possible. I even commute to work sometimes.”

“Seven days a week.”

“When the weather’s nice, as much as possible.”

Comments

H_Lecter 6 years ago

There's nothing like gliding up silently behind pedestrians and loosing a set of Boleadoras.

riverdrifter 6 years ago

All I can say is my boleadoras is draggin' in this hot weather.

riverdrifter 6 years ago

About the same amout I ride it in winter. No, wait -what bike?

RoeDapple 6 years ago

'Bout as often as I kayak.

Am I losing my mind? I'm sure this question has been asked recently but didn't find it in the archives.

Bill Lee 6 years ago

Germans have been doing it for more than 100 years.

LadyJ 6 years ago

The cuzins and the yunins riding bikes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmLXAU... For those that like a little music with thier video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m00sHD...

labmonkey 6 years ago

Summer is the time to go cruisin' in a classic car (or a car well on it's way to being a classic), preferably with a large V8 in it. Riding bikes takes away from that.

looza 6 years ago

I ride my lady.....not a bike.

Kirk Larson 6 years ago

I ride near every day year 'round. My mother is 81 years old and rides every day. In Arizona no less. (well, she snowbirds in Utah or Idaho). Riding bicycles is the secret to eternal youth as far as I'm concerned. Saves on gas and gym memberships, too.

kernal 6 years ago

Does she ride a three wheeler or a two wheeler?

Kirk Larson 6 years ago

A two-wheeler. The past 5 years she has ridden in the Tour de Fat, a bicycle parade in Ft.Collins CO with me, my brother, and family. She's the belle of the ball, lots of people get their picture with her and can't believe she still rides.

somedude20 6 years ago

anyone what to frack with me tonight?

RoeDapple 6 years ago

When you can shoot that 870 Remington with pistol grip and 3 inch magnums one handed . . . then I will call you a badass

labmonkey 6 years ago

I was disappointed to learn that the shotgun that Arnold used in T2 was an aluminum prop because a real shotgun was too heavy. I have less respect for Arnold now...

jjaybean63 6 years ago

Ride a bike in this town ? No thanks . I want to live.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

I did. Once. Won't do it again so it didn't count.

Bill Lee 6 years ago

Can't because some idiot stole my bike.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

Hey Hollis I gots a brother that's smoked a couple of rail cars of weed, 60 now and started at 13. Makes Cheech and Chong look like a pair of sissies. My doctor told me if I had been a drug user I woulda been dead by now. So now he loads me up on drugs to keep me alive . . .

I'd be serious if it wasn't so damn funny!

Pitt_Mackeson 6 years ago

Bike = my Harley. I don't even get off the old gal when I go grocery shoppin'. Just go right down the isles and get me some cereal.

budwhysir 6 years ago

well, this is frustrating but every time I get on the thing, I end up riding it. No matter how hard I try the thing just wont take me where I want to go without a little work. Im thinking of turning my bike into something else like a lawn mower or mop. This way I could get more done

budwhysir 6 years ago

I would assume it would be the same type of person that OWNS a vespa scooter. However it could be a friend of a person that owns a vespa scooter or the type of person that would borrow a vespa scooter from someone in order to ride it. Not sure I have the correct answer to your question but all in all I would say that if you where the type of person that would ride a vespa scooter, you would have to be the type of person that at that given time you where in possesion of said vespa scooter. Now this does not mean you have to own it, just be in possesion for the duration of time you ride it. Otherwise you would not be the type of person that would ride a vespa scooter cause there would be no physical way for you to ride a vespa scooter.

Kirk Larson 6 years ago

Unless you the type of person who WOULD ride one if one were available.

RoeDapple 6 years ago

If you ever see me on a Vespa, just shoot me. If you miss I'll go around the block . . .

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

The paper carriers should ride bikes. It worked pretty well when I was in school. Don't worry, you'd still get your Sunday edition; it just might be on Friday, that's all.

Keegan must ride a bike because he's sure peddling uphill lately. Have you seen the reactions to his articles? People are sure hammerin' on the poor bastid. What'd he do, spill a coke on Baby Jay or somethin'?

H_Lecter 6 years ago

Colorado has spent millions developing bike paths that parallel roads through the mountains. Some communities, such as Crested Butte, have more bike traffic than car traffic through the main streets. It's not really surprising that Colorado has had the lowest obesity ranking by state for six consecutive years. At least Kansas beat Missouri. Mississippians have that deep visceral marbling that really enhances their flavor. Doubt if they use bike paths. Life is full of choices.

Kirk Larson 6 years ago

I love visiting my brother in Ft. Collins CO. It's real flat and there are lots of wide bike lanes that are enforced. Trails around town go to places you actually want to go. People are more used to cyclists. There, if you come upon a pedestrian, you ring your bell and they casually move to the right. Here, I ring my bell and people panic like I'm going to run them over when I'm just trying to let them know I'm coming.

Deja Coffin 6 years ago

I don't have a bike :-( But we do try and walk everywhere, how many green points does that give me?

LadyJ 6 years ago

I think those are her "peeps"

Deja Coffin 6 years ago

I wish they were jello shots! With everything going on this month a couple jello shots might be just what I need.

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Roe, I dint know you & autie haz cuzzins up in Michigan. They caint use no bicycles there. They just grab a gator & go.

Terry Sexton 6 years ago

Put down the gin. No...wait. That was Bob.

LadyJ 6 years ago

Why am I not surprised people have made x-rated customized bicycles? Being a lady, I won't link to those pictures, don't want to be disappearded. This one should be safe though http://www.imagegossips.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/161.jpg