Previous   Next

What wild animal would you most like to see up close?

Asked at Pet World, 711 West 23rd St. on July 7, 2011

Browse the archives

“Probably a tiger. They just look cool.”

“Maybe a blue whale.”

“A tiger or an elephant.”

“A Komodo dragon. I’ve never seen one and they’re just cool.”

Comments

Gene Wallace 3 years, 5 months ago

Wolf - Wolves Oh wait! I've done that! Also, the tiger and elephant. Sprayed one with a water hose. He loved it! Rode the other. Been up close and personal with grey whales. Not Komodos, their breath really stinks! CCG! (Cheshire Cat Grin)

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Well Multi that is one video I will have to listen to later unless she wakes up on her own! Somethin' bout gettin' woke before sunrise just wrecks her sense of humor, sometimes for days. Might even get brought up months or even years later. Gotta get me a set of headphones for these early AM web surfs. (Although she says I gotta have 'em turned up so loud she can hear them anyways)

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Wild animals I like to see up close? The delicious kind. Any and all. The kind that see me as part of their food chain are best seen through cross hairs set at 14X.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I was always taught to eat what I shoot, but I will admit I aint never eat no coyote or prairie dog (prairie rat to be precise). I shot a crazy acting skunk I suspected of being rabid once, I don't think anybody would condemn me for not eating it. Well, some would but I don't pay them no nevermind anyhow.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Komodo dragon? They come from the Isle of Komodo, right? I seen one of them once, about 300 lbs. and 12 feet long. Kept tasting the air and looking at me all squinty eyed. Stunk too. Well maybe that was me, mighta soiled myself when it licked it's chops and grinned.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Whoa! I see Gene got close enough to one of those lizards to smell it too, maybe it wasn't me after all! I will say, if Gene rode a tiger he's a braver man than me!

gphawk89 3 years, 5 months ago

Nah, I'd rather see a woozle. Lumpy's sort of killed all of the mystery associated with heffalumps.

Mary Darst 3 years, 5 months ago

That's funny, birthday boy, Adler was scared to death of Heffalumps.

grammaddy 3 years, 5 months ago

It says this question was asked at Pet World on July 7 2011. That is today. Are they open already? Were they open all night?

Chrissy Neibarger 3 years, 5 months ago

I would love to ride a dolphin or run my fingers through the mane of a lion :)

LadyJ 3 years, 5 months ago

A Jackalope, proof they exist http://www.sudftw.com/jackcon.htm. I'm sure the cuzins have seen them around a time or two. :P

John Hampton 3 years, 5 months ago

This took like 30 posts before it showed up..... that has to be a record.

wmathews 3 years, 5 months ago

A honey badger. He eats cobras. He just doesn't care.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

mongoose? best served with mustard . . .

Mary Darst 3 years, 5 months ago

Heck, I am watching some wild animals on HLN right now. (the protesters at the Anthony trial).

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

a marmot or a Republican who cares about people after birth and who does not use a story about a god for the basis of his or her agenda

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Here I am somedude20! (although autie would argue I'm not the devout Republican I profess to be . . )

;-)

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

Happy to meet you! Can I take a picture of you as I do not believe anyone will believe me if I tell em what I found?

Ceallach 3 years, 5 months ago

Who's he kidding? At 68 there is a high probability that he's had no feeling in that area for years . . unless his prostate was acting up :D (Sorry guys, I couldn't resist -- I think the devil made me type it, yes, let's go with that, it was the devil!)

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Tuesday morning on the turnpike I saw my first Kansas armadillo just east of the Bonner Springs exit. Could have been a crossbreed though, it was upside down playing opossum. Might of jumped ship from a northbound truck out of Texas too. I should of checked it for a birth certificate.

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

For Nancy (dis)Grace's head to explode, that would imply there is something in there to begin with. I'm pretty sure her head would just implode.

Rae Hudspeth 3 years, 5 months ago

Meerkats, because they are sooo amusing.

(and I'm such a goof, I named my cat Mirs to make the pun)

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to trap & relocate the predatory Cedar Crested Brownback, an aggressive species delighting in tearing others' nests asunder.

KU_Dude 3 years, 5 months ago

Bitter ex-city commission candidates.

RugerLCP 3 years, 5 months ago

I've got a opossum that sits on my fence every night and drives my dogs crazy. I keep hitting him with a rake an knocking him off, but he's back in 5 minutes. He's been there for the last 4 nights. Now I'm just waiting for a thunderstorm so I can put the laser sight on him and blow him away with the .380 without the neighbors calling the cops on me...

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

nice avatar I am surprised the powers that be (wee-power) have not made you remove it

somedude20 3 years, 5 months ago

beatrice 3 years, 5 months ago

Chupacabra, Big Foot, or a Unicorn.

Or perhaps an Illegal Voter. I like the mythical creatures.

riverdrifter 3 years, 5 months ago

I always wanted to hunt the cape buffalo. As Robert Ruarke wrote: "When he sees you, he looks at you like you owe him money -lots of money." One of the most dangerous critters out there, they regularly go out of their way to stomp folks into a mudhole for no apparent reason. I kinda admire that in a critter. People do this all the time to each other, by the way and it just gets tiresome, reading about it. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/African_Buffalo_Ngorongoro.jpg

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 5 months ago

The furious bug bladder beast. But be sure and take a towel.