Previous   Next

What is your favorite type of firework?

Asked at Watson Park on July 5, 2011

Browse the archives

“I like fountains.”

“Sparklers because that’s all my mommy and daddy would ever let me have.”

“The ones that go up, then sparkle down, or fizzle down like streamers. They’re beautiful.”

“Mortars”

Comments

rockchalker52 3 years, 12 months ago

The best is when Hollis or autie gets wound up & blows their respective tops sky-high. It's probably gunpowder in autie's case. Not sure what kind of combustible mixture Hollis uses.

kernal 3 years, 12 months ago

The silent ones.

Incidentally, the flying monkey patrol will be out tonight in case someone didn't get all his fireworks fired off by 2am this morning.

goodcountrypeople 3 years, 12 months ago

I wholeheartedly agree about silent fireworks being the best ones. Loved the humorous "Fireworks Suck" article Slate.com featured this week.

tomatogrower 3 years, 12 months ago

Last night, downtown, they had a firework that spilled out like a waterfall. It was beautiful and several people applauded. Great show. Thanks to all involved.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 12 months ago

Shakin' his fists at whippersnappers no doubt.

LadyJ 3 years, 12 months ago

Did you pass the 10 yr mark where you could collect on his Social Security benefits if they are better than yours?

hungryhustler 3 years, 12 months ago

ladyfingers, buzz bottles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippedy-doodas, crap flappers, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, Hüsker Düs and don'ts. Cherry bombs, nipsy dazers, with or without the scooter stick. if those are unavailable, snakes and sparklers are ok.

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

Dion songs? As usual I have no clue what HB is talking about, but have learned to appreciate his talent for it.

My favorite fireworks? Under the sheets with the lights on comes to mind, but then my mind tends to distort past memories

;-)

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

Thanks Hollis! I normally can't remember what I did five minutes ago!

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

"Cept now I gots that dad blame song runnin' through my head again . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 12 months ago

Anybody know where I can get some of them 'flash-bang' things the swat teams use? I'm thinkin' 'trick or treat' could have a whole new meaning this Halloween . .

wmathews 3 years, 12 months ago

Katy Perry tells me I'm a firework.

@Hollis We had a day off yesterday. We spent the day on the boat getting sunburned and drinking drinks. Started the new job today!

beatrice 3 years, 12 months ago

The new job couldn't be anywhere near as exciting as babysitting all of us!

beeshlii 3 years, 11 months ago

i like see Hollis Brown go KABOOMMMM!, he talks to much....