Previous   Next

What are your plans for the Fourth of July?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 3, 2011

Browse the archives

“We’re going to St. Louis to see my family.”

“Going to my grandparents’ in western Kansas.”

““I’m thinking about the KC Riverfest actually.” ”

“I’m going to hang out with my family and blow my hand off like a good American.”

Comments

beatrice 2 years, 9 months ago

How should I know? It is almost an entire year away.

SouthSide 2 years, 9 months ago

Stay home and read the Bible.

thuja 2 years, 9 months ago

Breakfast pancakes from scratch & with real maple syrup too.

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

Sadly, my Princess won't be here. Anyone know an airline that will let her fly with a fat cat? Why can't I buy a seat for the cat and the carrier? It would be cheaper than what they charge to put it in an 18" high carrier that must fit under the seat in front of her. I bet the passenger in front loves that requirement.

tange 2 years, 9 months ago

There'll be no rope dancing for me. Hollis smokes 'em faster than you can tie 'em.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

Hollis, best you boys hang together up there...as if you don't you will surely hang separately. Right Ronaldo?

In honor of the Princess on her 22nd Birthday, there was a creation of a homemade nature so inspired by that which we could not have. I made Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream....All hail the princess on le birthday.

and tomorrow..there will be singing and dancing and cheeses and breads...well maybe not the dancing...

GUMnNUTS 2 years, 9 months ago

Top it all of with some 94' Dunn Howell Mtn Cab

GUMnNUTS 2 years, 9 months ago

The smoker is fired up for the next 48Hrs. Brisket and pork today, ribs on the 4th. Illegal fireworks purchased, try not to look like a snitch and you can get the good stuff. Propane sucks.

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

Well I guess breathing was too much to hope for, sigh.

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

I'm gonna hang out with tange and do The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle.

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Now the greasers they tramp the streets or get busted for trying to sleep on the beach all night Them boys in their spiked high heels ah Sandy their skins are so white And me I just got tired of hangin' in them dusty arcades bangin' them pleasure machines Chasin' the factory girls underneath the boardwalk where they promise to unsnap their jeans

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Wher can I get some propane on a Sunday? And I mean one of those big tanks, the one that looks like a small submarine.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 9 months ago

Kaw River Golfball Skeet Shooting.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

Did you check out the charliejohnson phone number at WalMart?

You gots a lot of weird relatives, don't you?

kusadgirl 2 years, 9 months ago

I noticed a rack of pumpkin pies right when you walk in the dillons on Mass. For a split second I forgot what holiday was coming up. I have 3 cats so I will most likely be keeping them company and hoping all the fireworks won't scare them as they are not even 5 months old yet.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

One push of the button & woosh! My propane grill is off & cookin.' I respect y'all charcoal burnin' troglydites but I'm into easy these days. I don't know what I'm doing on the 4th, haven't gotten through the 3rd yet.

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

Seems youtube is full of videos of exploding grills which might not be illegal in Lawrence. Would have to check the fine print on the fireworks ban.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

A little sandbar golf might be in order . . .

KSChick1 2 years, 9 months ago

they must have asked this question in some wierd distorted time space continuum because today is July 3rd and as far as I know, the sun has not been up yet today?!? uh what? and +! @ Gandalf your whole comment was freaking outstanding!

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Actually, I'm already out at the lake waiting for Wakarusa Fest to start. That's today isn't it? I'm the first one here. Pretty cool.

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Sandy the fireworks are hailin' over Little Eden tonight Forcin' a light into all those stoned-out faces left stranded on this forth of July Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp As the wizards play down on Pinball Way on the boardwalk way past dark

Gandalf 2 years, 9 months ago

First!

Noticed none are staying in Lawrence. Goodbye sales and sales tax. I'll be hanging out at LoneStar and I'll be buying nothing in Lawrence to take with me.

Put that in your bottle rocket and shoot it.