Previous   Next

What is the best part about the Tour of Lawrence event held downtown on Friday?

Asked at New Hampshire Street at the Tour of Lawrence event on July 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Since I’m here with my 21-month-old son, I’d have to say it’s the bright colors on the cyclists’ jerseys.”

“The process of how they get to the finals is interesting.”

“The wipeouts. I don’t want anybody to get hurt, but it’s exciting when they walk away with their bike in two pieces.”

“The bikers in their Spandex shorts.”

Comments

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Damn . . . Is it my turn in the barrel again so soon? Okay, fire away. I probably deserve it . . .

Gandalf 2 years, 9 months ago

Can you visulize a 200# biker riding a harley in spandex with black leather vest and chains?

Oh god! I'm blind!!!!!

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

I don't get how he rides all off balance since he had things removed?

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Well, some bike-riding sissy removed my first comment. Just because I mentioned Lance Armstrong. It's not my fault he rides his bike with no seat. Dilrod.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

She could maybe do iron-on patches . . . if she had an iron . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

rc52 - I do the old man shuffle. And am trying to visualize Mrs Roe actually mending socks - - or anything else. Better stop. caint talk boutit

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

Hollis my man! it has been a day and a year and a decade since I heard somebody use that term..."dilrod' delrod" what ever.....as in Sam Brownback is a dilrod...it is not a compliment by any means...thank you Hollis.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Roe, I'm trying to picture how your socks might've worn out. That usually involves motion, does it not? :-O}

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

if your sweet potato stuff, autie, is as good as your mower selling skills, c'mon over. shoulda posted earlier or I shoulda read earlier or something becuz I, too, sold a mower today, a Cub Cadet for a c-note. A quick review of the sale's return on investment indicates I'm doing it wrong. More room in the barnette, though, and it runs as good as the first day I never used it.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

I have a dishwasher too. Right now she is sitting on the couch. Mending my socks.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

I have a mower. His name is Tim.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

Do you need a mower? I'm probably gonna have another one for sale here real soon...

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

I monitor craigslist (among other sites) now that I know my new best friend is there. But like here, he doesn't last long.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't complained any advice.

Oh just shut up. Did you ask me about any cooking tips lately? That's what I thought...do you know about if the shoe fits wear it? What does it matter anyway, we are all going over to '52's house. 52, I'll bring some sweet potato stuff if that's OK...

I am so proud. I just sold a lawnmower on craigslist...that thing really does work. I got $260....and that will be the last time my neighbor wakes me up with that crap on a sunday morning for awhile...bastard.

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

I think H_Lecter may be using my freezer out in the garage without my knowledge. Found some mighty suspicious looking packages out there.

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

and I'll be grilling up some summer squash straight from the parent's garden after daddy does the burgers.....

everyone have a happy holiday! Don't blow anything off! Though I'm sure some of you will...

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Runners and bicyclists are a bunch of overachieving delrods.

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

LadyJ 2 years, 9 months ago

' what's everyone cooking for the 4th' I'll get back to you after I check the expiration dates on the stuff in the freezer.

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

Such a consult could be retorted with an accusation of wanting to make people sick. I say, never ask for advice if the you are going to complain about the advice you recieve.

Tired of hamburgers and hot dogs? Sounds to me like you cain't have no hot dogs no how cause of your religion. Gawd danged terrorist. May Allah fire a bottle rocket into your no fly zone.

rockchalker52 2 years, 9 months ago

Started off last nite with poke chops. Switching to grilled yardbird tonite with some Sweet Baby Ray's on it. 'The Sauce is the Boss!' Tomorrow it's shrimp on the grill - colossal size, raw in the shell. Butterfly 'em a little bit & baste 'em really good with some extra virgin olive oil. Crack some pepper & sea salt over 'em & cook about 2 minutes per side. The shells will turn bright pink & the meat becomes opaque like tiny lobsters. So good! For Uncle Sammy's birthday, it's ribeyes. Yum, I love me a good Holiday Weekend! Oh, yeah, the Tour is cool. I'm with Nicolas; ya gotta love the non-injury wipeouts.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 9 months ago

""Well tell me , what's everyone cooking for the 4th. Aren't we getting tired of hamburgers and hot dogs. This time of the year, what sounds good?""

Same here. We are ditching all that and having sausage. Maybe a beer butt chicken. That's really easy to do. Ribs are always good. Consult RI for proper temperature of chicken thighs if you cook those.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Anything as long as mustard is nearby!

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

Katie Tornadie leaving? Right after Whit left us? Something strange is afoot round these here parts. Bring me the tinfoil, Jimmy!

And...maybe we could bring back Arensberg shoes downtown then I'd go there more?

prospector 2 years, 9 months ago

The run up the Alps appears to be the most grueling leg of the Tour De Larryville. Socrabluuue(SP doh!) and crepes, what a bunch of crazies.

The one in spandex are easy to body check when negotiating the bar at Free State.

Mary Darst 2 years, 9 months ago

Kind of slow today, huh? Well tell me , what's everyone cooking for the 4th. Aren't we getting tired of hamburgers and hot dogs. This time of the year, what sounds good?

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

If you wait long enough it goes away?

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Wipeouts . . in Spandex . . No thank you.