Previous   Next

What is the best part about the Tour of Lawrence event held downtown on Friday?

Asked at New Hampshire Street at the Tour of Lawrence event on July 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Since I’m here with my 21-month-old son, I’d have to say it’s the bright colors on the cyclists’ jerseys.”

“The process of how they get to the finals is interesting.”

“The wipeouts. I don’t want anybody to get hurt, but it’s exciting when they walk away with their bike in two pieces.”

“The bikers in their Spandex shorts.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Wipeouts . . in Spandex . . No thank you.

Mary Darst 4 years ago

Kind of slow today, huh? Well tell me , what's everyone cooking for the 4th. Aren't we getting tired of hamburgers and hot dogs. This time of the year, what sounds good?

pizzapete 4 years ago

BBQ chicken in a sweet sauce with corn, corn bread, and baked beans.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

"Well tell me , what's everyone cooking for the 4th. Aren't we getting tired of hamburgers and hot dogs. This time of the year, what sounds good?"

Anything as long as mustard is nearby!

rockchalker52 4 years ago

Started off last nite with poke chops. Switching to grilled yardbird tonite with some Sweet Baby Ray's on it. 'The Sauce is the Boss!' Tomorrow it's shrimp on the grill - colossal size, raw in the shell. Butterfly 'em a little bit & baste 'em really good with some extra virgin olive oil. Crack some pepper & sea salt over 'em & cook about 2 minutes per side. The shells will turn bright pink & the meat becomes opaque like tiny lobsters. So good! For Uncle Sammy's birthday, it's ribeyes. Yum, I love me a good Holiday Weekend! Oh, yeah, the Tour is cool. I'm with Nicolas; ya gotta love the non-injury wipeouts.

Mary Darst 4 years ago

We'll be there on Monday. haha Sounds good.

Mary Darst 4 years ago

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't complained any advice.

LadyJ 4 years ago

' what's everyone cooking for the 4th' I'll get back to you after I check the expiration dates on the stuff in the freezer.

LadyJ 4 years ago

I think H_Lecter may be using my freezer out in the garage without my knowledge. Found some mighty suspicious looking packages out there.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I monitor craigslist (among other sites) now that I know my new best friend is there. But like here, he doesn't last long.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I have a mower. His name is Tim.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

I have a dishwasher too. Right now she is sitting on the couch. Mending my socks.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

if your sweet potato stuff, autie, is as good as your mower selling skills, c'mon over. shoulda posted earlier or I shoulda read earlier or something becuz I, too, sold a mower today, a Cub Cadet for a c-note. A quick review of the sale's return on investment indicates I'm doing it wrong. More room in the barnette, though, and it runs as good as the first day I never used it.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

Roe, I'm trying to picture how your socks might've worn out. That usually involves motion, does it not? :-O}

RoeDapple 4 years ago

rc52 - I do the old man shuffle. And am trying to visualize Mrs Roe actually mending socks - - or anything else. Better stop. caint talk boutit

RoeDapple 4 years ago

She could maybe do iron-on patches . . . if she had an iron . . .

LadyJ 4 years ago

But she makes sammitches, that's what counts. Hubby knows better than to ask for a sammitch after 10 PM ain't gonna happen.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

'Bout the oldest vehicle I can remember my dad having was a '31 Ford pickup, but it was about 25 years old at the time. He sold it to a guy who was going to make a hotrod out of it. Seemed pretty cool to this 6 year old but wish I had it now in original condition. Looked a lot like this one.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Damn . . . Is it my turn in the barrel again so soon? Okay, fire away. I probably deserve it . . .