Previous   Next

Do you watch any award shows on TV?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on January 26, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, because I have kids. We’re usually watching kids’ TV. ”

“Not really. I’ve watched parts before, but I don’t really like them. ”

“No, I don’t have cable.”

“Yes. I like the movie ones, like the Oscars.”

Comments

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 2 months ago

No. Not ever. Have you noticed that every "star" in Hollywood is either related to someone else in "the business" or has a good friend in "the business"...this was pointed out to me by someone and it's SO true!! I can't think of any truly talented "actors" in Hollywood...well, two...make that three, perhaps.
I know NOTHING of the younger, newer "stars" (nor do I WANT to know anything about them!!)...I detest Hollywood.
And as for "music" awards...what music???? All I hear is noise! Give me Tony Bennett, Ella, Streisand, etc. Then I would watch the music awards. But NEVER the Hollywood phoney, baloney shows.

independant1 3 years, 2 months ago

Nope but... Channel surfed to a show with the 10 best international commercials once. Might watch a wacky award show along those lines.

BABBOY 3 years, 2 months ago

I do not believe I have watched one since the invention of cable and 100s of channels......

Rae Hudspeth 3 years, 2 months ago

They are Illuminati initiations, I wouldn't miss them, just so I can see who is the latest puppet, LOL.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

I would probably go to an awards show if I was invited. But if there was any chance I might have to meet Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, or Britney Spears I would take 5 jimmy hats, a hazmat suit, and 3 cans of Raid.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Everyone should have a Bob Dylan avatar. It would kind of be like that movie "Inside Man". Whitney wouldn't know which comments to delete:). Andini, I think very highly of you. Always have. Always.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Did you know the damn Canucks banned Dire Straits "Money for Nothing"?

prospector 3 years, 2 months ago

The reason to watch MTV in the way back days.

Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

MTV started sucking eggs when they quit playing music videos in lieu of all those stupid, horrible shows. MTV sucks.

Anybody who waste time watching any awards show really has nothing to do....especially when there might be paint to watch dry or a CSI marathon or just about anything else.

labmonkey 3 years, 2 months ago

Why watch a bunch of cockroaches honor each other?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

The MTV Awards were always pretty lame. I remember '86, when A-Ha and Mister Mister won some big ones. Boy, oh boy.........

CWGOKU 3 years, 2 months ago

No. Unless you consider sports award shows. They do get a trophy after the Super Bowl. Why are the Tony's on TV? I would easily guess that over 90% of the population has not been to a Broadway show each year. I can watch some of the Oscars until the smuggness gets to me. I did catch Ricky Jervais opening the Golden Globes, funny stuff. As a rule, I skip the award shows. Yawn.

somedude20 3 years, 2 months ago

oh hell no, what was it that Jeff Spicoli said, "those guys are...." I foget but whatever he meant is how I feel about dem fancy famous peoples

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

I had a guy telling me last night how he and his buddy been catching boatloads of crappie....then the lake froze over. I can't fish with ice. whew....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Andini, Back when Falco was a king?

Andini 3 years, 2 months ago

I used to watch the MTV music awards before the music became like it is today.

prospector 3 years, 2 months ago

No, they only put sports on at the free State Brewery.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Who am I wearing on the Red Carpet this year? Well, I don't know the lad's name, but this is it. http://www.coolhunting.com/style/assets/images/cdg-speedo-2.jpg

consumer1 3 years, 2 months ago

They make shows about people getting awards?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Do they have a Humanitarian Award at the Oscars? I'm really hoping to see Sean Penn get mad again.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

My wife lives to watch me dance, to see me flying into a full blown seizure, slamming into walls and falling all over the place. In fact, she dedicated a song to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KFAa4...

JJE007 3 years, 2 months ago

I don't have a TV, but if I did I'd certainly watch award shows on it...if they fit on that precarious perch.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Hollis, Has your spousal unit ever covered her eyes exclaiming "That dance is burning my retinas"?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Do you know what is like a cool award show?

Yes, getting Christmas packages from the Swiss.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

I watch every single one of them. The SAG awards are next. I've been living vicariously through celebrites for years now. Like Michael Douglas. Poor guy, he's the only person with cancer on the entire earth. I would say I'm just like Bob Dylan, just without the fame and money.

RuralWanderer 3 years, 2 months ago

I watched them when I was a kid. Now I don't have any interest, outside of reading the results the next day.

RuralWanderer 3 years, 2 months ago

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

I used to watch them all, hoping to someday be a recipient of an Oscar, Emmy, etc. Now that I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, my interest has waned. I'm interested in who's nominated and who wins, but the TV shows are pretty boring. I still try to catch part of the Tonys and Grammys because those shows are more entertaining. I never watch the red carpet arrivals....boring!

bkreed1960 3 years, 2 months ago

Just the Oscars and the Golden Globes.