Previous   Next

Do you watch any award shows on TV?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on January 26, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, because I have kids. We’re usually watching kids’ TV. ”

“Not really. I’ve watched parts before, but I don’t really like them. ”

“No, I don’t have cable.”

“Yes. I like the movie ones, like the Oscars.”

Comments

bkreed1960 4 years ago

Just the Oscars and the Golden Globes.

Bill Lee 4 years ago

I used to watch them all, hoping to someday be a recipient of an Oscar, Emmy, etc. Now that I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen, my interest has waned. I'm interested in who's nominated and who wins, but the TV shows are pretty boring. I still try to catch part of the Tonys and Grammys because those shows are more entertaining. I never watch the red carpet arrivals....boring!

Dan Thalmann 4 years ago

I watched them when I was a kid. Now I don't have any interest, outside of reading the results the next day.

Dan Thalmann 4 years ago

somedude20 4 years ago

I do not like when they SAG as that is a sign to trade em in for a new model

Bill Lee 4 years ago

I prefer ones that sag a lttle to old ones that don't sag at all. Those scare me. Plastic has its uses, but it has its limits.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 4 years ago

I don't have a TV, but if I did I'd certainly watch award shows on it...if they fit on that precarious perch.

FloridaSunshine 4 years ago

@HollisBrown...Your wife has very good taste...(in lyrics!! ha!)...what beautiful words to this song...although I wish they hadn't used the picture of Rosa Parks, one of my heroes, in this particular way (as if she shouldn't be sitting).

booyalab 4 years ago

Put the lead singer in some lingerie, boots made of cheese, and maybe a hat inexplicably shaped like a frog. They would win every award that exists.

Mary Darst 4 years ago

You can kill ducks in winter, but can't catch fish , you wimp. Poppy said go buy and auger and put you duck blind over it.

somedude20 4 years ago

oh hell no, what was it that Jeff Spicoli said, "those guys are...." I foget but whatever he meant is how I feel about dem fancy famous peoples

Bill Lee 4 years ago

The Tonys are on TV so those of us who don't get to NYC can see scenes from the shows. They think this might entice us to visit and see a show. Also, the media empires are centered in NYC.

somedude20 4 years ago

Take these broken wings And learn to fly again, learn to live so free When we hear the voices sing The book of love will open up and let us in Take these broken wings

Mr Mister was a third rate Police (without the great Stewart Copeland)

labmonkey 4 years ago

Why watch a bunch of cockroaches honor each other?

somedude20 4 years ago

White Snake "Here I go Again" Tawny Kitaen was tops "Bachelor Party" anyone? I have never looked at a nun the same

FloridaSunshine 4 years ago

@prospector...I never have watched MTV...or award shows, but I LOVED this back then (on that ancient gadget called a radio) and I still think it's fabulous!!! I remember when I saw the video all those years ago and was blown away! Whatever happened to Robert Palmer? He's fabulous looking in this and so are the women.

labmonkey 4 years ago

He died of a heart attack before he turned 50.

Rae Hudspeth 4 years ago

They are Illuminati initiations, I wouldn't miss them, just so I can see who is the latest puppet, LOL.

independant1 4 years ago

Nope but... Channel surfed to a show with the 10 best international commercials once. Might watch a wacky award show along those lines.

FloridaSunshine 4 years ago

No. Not ever. Have you noticed that every "star" in Hollywood is either related to someone else in "the business" or has a good friend in "the business"...this was pointed out to me by someone and it's SO true!! I can't think of any truly talented "actors" in Hollywood...well, two...make that three, perhaps.
I know NOTHING of the younger, newer "stars" (nor do I WANT to know anything about them!!)...I detest Hollywood.
And as for "music" awards...what music???? All I hear is noise! Give me Tony Bennett, Ella, Streisand, etc. Then I would watch the music awards. But NEVER the Hollywood phoney, baloney shows.