Previous   Next

Have you ever participated in a Red Dog’s Dog Days workout?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 West 6th St. on January 23, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, I work out at home.”

“I have not. I have four kids who are very active. ”

“Yes, it’s about getting a good workout and I had always heard good things about it. ”

“No, I’m not from Lawrence. ”

Comments

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

For men, even if you don't excersize, you should be supplementing, especially if you're 40+. Here's a good menu: Men's Daily Multivitamin 1000mg Vitamin C 1000mg Omega 3 Super B Complex Milk Thistle- if you are or have been a heavy drinker.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

I think I meant 200. Why can't I say the C word but others can talk about meth? Interesting....I think I'll go powder my nose.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

"Nope. That is the just the biggest season. In the fall they continue. Then they move it inside to Allen Field House around November/early December. Once inside, it is just the 6am -- no 6pm."

I had no clue, None2. Thanks!

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

It just hit me. Isn't this an odd question to ask this time of year? Doesn't the Red Dog stuff just go on in the summer?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

autie, What is 220 - dinosaur?

I heard it was 220-age as being VNE, where your wings fall off. Take your VNE then times % of goal 60% for healthy heart 70% for fat burning and zombie escape 80% for aerobic conditioning 90% for one balled bicyclers 100% for mountain lion escape, or suicide.

beatrice 3 years, 2 months ago

No, but I saw the kids on South Park play "red rocket" one time. I woudn't want to take part in anything like that.

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

220 minus my age? I don't think so. I would flippin explode.

none2 3 years, 2 months ago

Perhaps they would have gotten more affirmative responses if they had tried a Dillons store, the Merc, or Checkers.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

I have been assured that the house isn't a meth house. Cute puppy. Wasn't worth a crap for flushing birds.

"Well, that doesn't cut it it. Rule of thumb, you need to find a cradiovascular routine in which you stay at your target heart rate for at least 20 minutes. I've seen different figures, but your target heart rate is 220 minus your age, per minute."

And then 70%-85% of that number.

CWGOKU 3 years, 2 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Hollis, Does your nose tingle everytime you go to the dentists office?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

“I have not. I have four kids who are very active. ”

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

Try hunting with an Abyssinian wire-haired tripe hound.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

It sure didn't look or act like a meth dog, but I still think someone should have checked for bodies.

sissezz 3 years, 2 months ago

ive done the summer session but havent tried the winter one... and i like stairs too!

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

That wasn't a basset hound. That was the Long Earred Hungarian Grouse Terrier.

prospector 3 years, 2 months ago

No but I got a work out walking in some CRP with a Basset Hound last week.

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

We never have coffe late. I wonder what my wife will think if I brew up a pot this evening. Something like, "don't get near me with that pot of coffee, I will be up half the night"!

nascar 3 years, 2 months ago

Yes! It's a good workout but the sense of community that comes with sweating with a portion of Lawrence is the best. "Encourage everyone, those larger and smaller and those with skinny legs. No headphones or cell phones. " Red Dog became a leader in community health long before it became fashionable. The sickest part for me is that I miss running the stadium stairs.

JackMcKee 3 years, 2 months ago

attorney and nurse. How does that work?

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

I used to go hear the Red Dogs rock out at the Red Dog Inn (now Liberty Hall).

H_Lecter 3 years, 2 months ago

Mmmmm yes, but it is so odd to be running with people who aren't screaming, "Ahhhhhhh please don't kill me."

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Nope. But I have misheard someone saying "I had coffee late" as "I want to copulate"

/Some people pick the darnedest places to start a fight