Previous   Next

Have you ever participated in a Red Dog’s Dog Days workout?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 4000 West 6th St. on January 23, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, I work out at home.”

“I have not. I have four kids who are very active. ”

“Yes, it’s about getting a good workout and I had always heard good things about it. ”

“No, I’m not from Lawrence. ”

Comments

H_Lecter 4 years ago

Mmmmm yes, but it is so odd to be running with people who aren't screaming, "Ahhhhhhh please don't kill me."

Bill Lee 4 years ago

I used to go hear the Red Dogs rock out at the Red Dog Inn (now Liberty Hall).

JackMcKee 4 years ago

attorney and nurse. How does that work?

appleaday 4 years ago

I know several people who are attorneys and nurses -- they often act as consultants in malpractice cases, for example. I know other nurses and doctors who have dual degrees in nursing along with MBAs or Health Care Administration or Public Health.

nascar 4 years ago

Yes! It's a good workout but the sense of community that comes with sweating with a portion of Lawrence is the best. "Encourage everyone, those larger and smaller and those with skinny legs. No headphones or cell phones. " Red Dog became a leader in community health long before it became fashionable. The sickest part for me is that I miss running the stadium stairs.

Sheila Hooper White 4 years ago

Very well said. I didn't think I would stick to it but I have and dreads when winter is here and I can't attend. I take my kids and my youngest has been going since he was little. I'm one of the stroller moms but hoping he will run with me a little more. He loves it when we do the stairs and I love how I have helped him see working out can be fun. I so agree about the sense of community. I have made many friends there and can't wait for summer workouts! I'm with you on the running the stadium stairs......and I thought I was the only one.

sissezz 4 years ago

ive done the summer session but havent tried the winter one... and i like stairs too!

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

Try hunting with an Abyssinian wire-haired tripe hound.

beatrice 4 years ago

No, but I saw the kids on South Park play "red rocket" one time. I woudn't want to take part in anything like that.