Previous   Next

Do you listen to any podcasts?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on January 18, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yes, GNR. I just like the kind of randomness of it. ”

“Nope. There’s just nothing that really interests me. ”

“I do not. I haven’t really found one that I like. ”

“Yes and I make them. I listen to one called This Week In Tech and the Washington Post does a daily one I like. ”

Comments

OTSSweeper 3 years, 2 months ago

As if people don't waste enough time already, watching TV...Podcasts, the definitive waste of one's life.

witchfindergeneral 3 years, 2 months ago

Sad to see few people are taking this question seriously--podcasting is an emerging and completely unrestricted medium that definitely deserves more attention.

A few faves:

Slate's "Hang Up and Listen"

"Jordon, Jesse GO!"

"WTF With Marc Maron"

"Hardcore History"

"Common Sense with Dan Carlin"

"The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons"

"The Bugle"

If you use iTunes, you can also download many quality radio shows ("This American Life," "Radiolab," "Studio 360," "The Moth," etc.) for free in podcast form.

ophiuchus 3 years, 2 months ago

A good podcast can attain a couple dozen skips before submersion.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

We tried to do a podcast of Lemurs Gone Wild, Reykjavík Edition but it was just 3 hours of high-pitched screeching.

tomatogrower 3 years, 2 months ago

All Music Considered, but I have a lot to catch up on, so I'll probably delete them, if I can't find the time.

uncleandyt 3 years, 2 months ago

I recently found one called The Professional Left. It is not safe for work.

hitme 3 years, 2 months ago

I listened to one once. That's 20 minutes of my that I'll never get back.

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

I think I'll go to Colony, Kansas for a road trip this afternoon.

that's just what I need. A road trip. Boring scenary.

fleeba 3 years, 2 months ago

I listed to my farmville update podcast :) hehe

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

Leftover ham and bean soup is awesome.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

autie, autie, autie,

Do not confuse anti-establishment with socialism.
Neoliberalism has been the establishment since the 1930s. Mainstream media and the school system are controlled by the left. attempting to force the expansion of namby pamby political correctness psycho-babble crap. Damn goat fornicators.

Hollis, tame your concupiscence.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

If there are 6 degrees of separation between Tamron Hall and me, may I please eliminate 5 of them?

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

Moving? Yes. the work thing to a different site.

that choo choo music is socialist too, by the way.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Hollis, Nick wrote and recorded that song years before Elvis covered it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

One space or two after a period? I don't know. Ask BABBOY, he's on his . . .

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Go on and pdocast your hippie song. I like the original better. Man, Elvis was pissed back in the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RVDQg...

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Are there any podcasts about flatulence?

somemisfits 3 years, 2 months ago

There's one, and only one, Podcast I listen to and that's the Hall Monitors Podcast from BARRR and some other cool folks here in Lawrence.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

This morning I made biscuits, and drizzled some of prospectors honey on them. What a sweet way to start a new chapter of learning in the path of discovery we call life.

Peace, Love, and Understanding.

Mary Darst 3 years, 2 months ago

Not real sure what a podcast is. It's Hell getting old and being a computer retard. I love those pancakes. Autie, Moving?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Yeah...and I really love talk radio, especially sports talk radio. I dream of meeting Jim Rome, having him climb a step ladder to shake my hand. I wish I could listen to that cool NPR but I don't have a ham radio.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

BabBoy, Sorry to hear that. If I recall correctly from classes many moons ago, you are having painful gas hot flashes. I am ASSuming that you meant to say that you are "adiabatic" and are having gas problems, where your colon compresses your gas enough to cause explosive farts, rather like how a diesel engine works. however, you probably have incomplete ignition in that you are left with a substantial amount of particulate mater, which is both disgusting, and rather hard to keep a good mood going.

Ore (:)) you could have meant "diabetic" which would be kinda sorta karmatic.
You know the "reap what you sow" philosophy influencing your overall health.

But many many people are able to manage their diabetes, and be nice, fun people. Novel idea huh?

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

Are those thin pancakes or just regular fluffy ones? No matter. Pancakes are like a hum..uh....well, you know. They are all good. Moving sucks.

mikeisthename 3 years, 2 months ago

I have listened to podcasts for about five years. There have been favorites that I still listen to and others that have gone by the wayside. Right now I listen to Comedy Film Nerds from L.A., This American Life, and old time radio podcasts like The Great Detectives of Old Time Radio out of Idaho, Strange Tales from RelicRadio and the Far Out podcast also out of L.A.
Aside from the podcast in the story, I don't know of any other ones from Kansas. Maybe I should make my own.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

"Bad mood today" Babbers

You are in a bad mood everyday and it is gloriously ammusing.

prospector 3 years, 2 months ago

It would be a good day for pancakes. Who wants some?

1029 3 years, 2 months ago

Of course. All day long if I can.

BABBOY 3 years, 2 months ago

I do not even know what the flip a podcast is and do not care to know.... I assume it some stupid internet forumn or some BS like that.

Bad mood today, apparently dispite my efforts to work out and eat protein, I am diabetic..

Not the day to mess with me.

Good thing I never respond directly to you idiots....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

Long time listener, first time caller.

CWGOKU 3 years, 2 months ago

I got attacked once by some alien pod people. Same thing?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

"Some Nebraska fan hacked into my webmail and put a stupid red KnoLogy logo on the homepage. How do I get rid of it?"

Just pay for the pizza.

prospector 3 years, 2 months ago

What are they? Let me guess, there is an article 'splainin it for me that I have to go find.

Autie is doing the kind of casting I know about.

Daniel Speicher 3 years, 2 months ago

There's one called "You Look Nice Today" that my friend got me hooked on. Funny, funny stuff.

--Danny Speicher

g_rock 3 years, 2 months ago

My pea pods don't talk. Even if they did and I listened, I would be nutty, right?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

I love John Coltrane. A Love Supreme. Sound Off: Some Nebraska fan hacked into my webmail and put a stupid red KnoLogy logo on the homepage. How do I get rid of it?

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

I listen to the coal trains at night going by town. I love to hear the rythmn of the clickty clack so put it right back in the stack, Jack. Choo choo, choo choo boogie...

What's a podcast? Is it like a bait caster or a spinning reel?

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Ode to Jordan: Almost cut my hair It happened just the other day It's gettin' kind of long I could've said it was in my way But I didn't and I wonder why I feel like letting my freak flag fly And I feel like I owe it, to someone

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

I listen for bobcats every night, ever since I walked out and found one sleeping on the hood of my car. Jordan, you freakin' rule, man. Let your freak flag fly! I used to like Guns 'N Roses, too. But now Axl is all botoxed and chubby, and that Chinese Democracy album totally bombed.

Tony Kisner 3 years, 2 months ago

I think I was in third period math with Jordan but that was in 1977, way out!