Previous   Next

When it snows, how long do you wait before shoveling your driveway?

Asked at Dillons, 3000 W. Sixth St. on January 14, 2011

Browse the archives

“I live in an apartment, so they shovel it. ”

“I do it right in the morning. ”

“Until it stops snowing. ”

“I don’t have one because I live in an apartment. They take care of it. ”

Comments

Alceste 4 years, 5 months ago

With this type of powder snow, a good broom is far easier to use and such than a shovel. Too, it's far easier if one "does it" a couple of times....every inch or two that accumulates.....broom it off. Gotta get to it before dopes walk on it.

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

no no no, Lee did no running, suh. Lee ordered Major general george pickett to charge up the center in a series of obliques (collect them all-love saying that) and destroy the middle of George Meade's lines. Still trying to figure out what it has to do with snowfall

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

I get the lemurs out with whisk brooms as soon as the flakes start falling. A tot of rum every 30 minutes keeps them going until everything is cleaned up.

BruceWayne 4 years, 5 months ago

as soon as the regular posters on this sight put 2 and 2 together, this thread is going to blow up.

BruceWayne 4 years, 5 months ago

I have asked before and will ask again...did Jessica ever get her GED?

somedude20 4 years, 5 months ago

I get a few handles of cheap vodka. Invite a few friends over. Drink for 30 minutes and then we all just start urinating on the driveway until we are empty. Repeat for a few hours and shazam, you have a fun night and a cleared driveway. Learned that from Rachael Ray

Bob Forer 4 years, 5 months ago

So, are we supposed to be impressed with your long driveway and turnabout?

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Tom . . You have a roundabout? . . . damn!

;-)

Bob Forer 4 years, 5 months ago

Just living up to your expectations, Tommy. You're always accusing the left of being envious of folks with money (in your case, it would be folks with wives who have money) , so I thought I would play the role to give you a little dose of affirmation. Not being uncivil,--just charitably solicitous of your world view.

Alceste 4 years, 5 months ago

Tommy was bragging about the purported "driveway" he maintains!!!

The LJWorld.com : ALWAYS good for a giggle!!!!

Alceste 4 years, 5 months ago

Tommy was bragging about the purported "driveway" he maintains!!!

The LJWorld.com : ALWAYS good for a giggle!!!!

kernal 4 years, 5 months ago

Don't most folks who live in the country have long driveways?

Bob Forer 4 years, 5 months ago

Yeah, but he has a roundabout. Boy I am so jealous.

Ralph Reed 4 years, 5 months ago

I know you didn't mean that the way it sounds.

Alceste 4 years, 5 months ago

Tommy was bragging about the purported "driveway" he maintains!!!

The LJWorld.com : ALWAYS good for a giggle!!!!

puddleglum 4 years, 5 months ago

why do liberals have long driveways and 50 X 50 turnarounds?

Alceste 4 years, 5 months ago

Tommy was bragging about the purported "driveway" he maintains!!!

The LJWorld.com : ALWAYS good for a giggle!!!!

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

Jeez, what next? Now that they tax you for having driveway access to your property are they going to fine you if you don't keep it cleared?

Flap Doodle 4 years, 5 months ago

Yuppers. Should have used quotation marks. I will punish myself when I get home.

Laura Wilson 4 years, 5 months ago

As long as I can get my car out of my garage, never. I spend all my energy on the sidewalk I didn't want.

BeeBee3 4 years, 5 months ago

Hey Dejae, can you hand me a box of that Stash tea over your left shoulder? Thanks!

gphawk89 4 years, 5 months ago

I've never shoveled my driveway. It'll melt eventually.

gccs14r 4 years, 5 months ago

I shovel periodically throughout the storm so I don't have as much to move at any one time. I also shovel my side of the street so the city plow doesn't block in my driveway.

notaubermime 4 years, 5 months ago

Don't live in Lawrence anymore, but I get out the snow thrower whenever 4" or more is sitting on the drive. Don't want to waste gas otherwise. When we get a lot of snow, I just clear it once in the morning before work and once when I get home and hope that I can make it back into the drive when I come home.

LadyJ 4 years, 5 months ago

If you shoveled the driveway you would be lying when you called in and told the boss you were snowed in and couldn't get to work.

Bob Forer 4 years, 5 months ago

I was at McDonald's yesterday and overhead a conversation among three people who appeared to be in their early twenties laughing about how they were going around to all the "bourgeois" neighborhoods and compiling a list of addresses that were in violation of the snow shoveling ordinance to turn into the city. One described it as a way of "playing Robin Hood against the unfair and regressive sales tax which hurts poor folks."