Previous   Next

What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?

Asked at 4701 West Sixth Street on January 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“The peppermint ones. Thin Mints.”

“Thin Mints. I put them in the freezer.”

“Shortcake. It just seems like there aren’t as many calories.”

“Thin Mints. It’s the minty freshness. ”

Comments

Scott Morgan 3 years, 10 months ago

Samoas, someday I would actually like to get a box of these home from work. They disappear quickly in my vehicle.

Chrissy Neibarger 3 years, 10 months ago

Those are my favorite as well. I don't think a box has lasted a whole day!

I just recently threw out a sleeve of thin mints that I found buried in the back of my freezer.. Scary to think of how long they were there, I didn't want to chance it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Taste them. If you die they were too old. If you just get sick that's normal.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

That crow better have his wooly long handles on today.

CreatureComforts 3 years, 10 months ago

I like the peanut butter ones myself, but the two are pretty close to being the same :)

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

GSC taste like something extruded out of the bowels of some ancient machine designed to chop animal waste.

Nothing compares to the taste of fresh out of the oven THC

Toll House Cookie Recipe

• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
    • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 2 large egg
    • 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
    • 1 cup chopped nuts

Directions

1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
  3. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

nobody1793 3 years, 10 months ago

“Shortcake. It just seems like there aren’t as many calories.” — Stan Hazlett, Lawyer, Lawrence

I object. Speculation. Seems like a lawyer could find some kind of evidence of which had more calories, perhaps on the box.

number3of5 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm with RoeDapple all store bought cookies and girl scout cookies taste terrible. One would have to be starving for a cookie to eat the nasty things. Nothing beats a fresh from the oven homemade cookie.....

LadyJ 3 years, 10 months ago

but,but, it's for the kids.

sarcasm intended:)

rockchalker52 3 years, 10 months ago

Thin mints & shortcakes, it's a toss-up. Sometimes I'll make a thin mint sammich with two shortcakes.

farmgal 3 years, 10 months ago

are they still made with hydrogenated oils?

i've never cared for packaged cookies, when it's easy to make them from scratch with real butter and not hdro-oils.

scopi_guy 3 years, 10 months ago

Thin Mints are fine, but Keebler Grasshoppers are better (and cheaper).

I love the Carmel ones, with the chocolate and coconut. Can't remember what they're called. The peanut butter patties are good too.

JackMcKee 3 years, 10 months ago

I invented the thin mint sandwich:

take 2 thin mints, use these as "bread" take another thin mint and stick it in the middle.

I know I know pure genius.

justtired 3 years, 10 months ago

we freeze thin mints and then use them in homemade ice cream!