Previous   Next

What is your favorite cold weather comfort food?

Asked at Borders, 700 New Hampshire St. on January 9, 2011

Browse the archives

“Hot cocoa with whipped cream.”

“Chili.”

“Hot chocolate.”

“Pizza.”

Comments

Richard Heckler 3 years, 3 months ago

Central Soy Hot Fiesta Tofu & Smoked Tofu dip Mix with green and red bell peppers,nayonaise to the taste with locally made salsa on the side. Some basil in the mix goes a long way. Served with sharp cheddar cheese and homemade sour dough wheat bread. Plus beverage of choice.

Backed up with organic blue berry and banana fruit salad..... so sweet and juicy.

The dip can be warmed up,spread on a tortilla and call it a wrap.

Hot Fiesta makes an excellent tofu scrambler for getting that morning off to a fine start. Also Hot Fiesta Chili is yumo ....... and hot.

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

Venison chilli, two alarm with beans. Also, sage fried cottontail rabbit with mashed potatoes & gravy and a side of sweet corn from the garden last summer.

Rick Aldrich 3 years, 3 months ago

CHILI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

A popsicle is a cool and fruity treat any time of the year.

budwhysir 3 years, 3 months ago

spiced rum poured over white cake topped with hot chocolate syrup and garnished with a cherry soaked in vodka for 15 days

Kathy Getto 3 years, 3 months ago

Mmmm steak soup. Plaza steak soup?

My favorite of the week - gnocchi with white wine sauce, pesto and hot bread with asiago cheese.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 3 months ago

What ever it is, you can bet I'm too damned cold to go home and cook now. Nice day for no heat here. Fast food it is..again.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 3 months ago

autie, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

It could be a dragon doing a duck impersonation. You may not always want to let dragons into a pond, even if they can impersonate a duck.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 3 months ago

"I would faint if my wife ever offered to cook breakfast..you are lucky to be in such an abusive relationship."

I was incorrect. She ended up making blueberry pancakes. Very good.

sputum 3 years, 3 months ago

Taco pie, just as hot as I can make it.

edjayhawk 3 years, 3 months ago

Stop it. I'm really getting hungry now.

sharong 3 years, 3 months ago

Ham and beans with cornbread. Yum...

autie 3 years, 3 months ago

Quinoa? I thought only hippies and anarchist ate that. Oh,...yeah. never mind.

I made a mountain of pancakes and bacon this morning....just in case we get snowed in we won't die of starvation or eat the cats in the first few hours.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 3 months ago

Cheddar Ale soup.

LadyJ - I'll be right over. My wife just told me we are merely having eggs and bacon for breakfast. Sometimes, I wonder if she loves me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 3 months ago

Anybody have a RoboStir™? Can you get one in Weavers basement?

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

For those of you that come to the OTS blog for their daily chuckle, if you get the actual printed paper, you will find it in the coupons that came in today's paper. I didn't think you would go to the coupon blogs so I'll tell you about it here. It is the advertisement for the MidNite sleeping pills. I can't believe whoever approved that one didn't think about how it might be taken, or maybe they did? :) For those of you that don't get the paper, check back later, don't want to spoil it for the others just yet.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

kernal 3 years, 3 months ago

Mac 'n Cheese Pot Roast Homemade wheat bread, still warm from the oven, smothered in butter and honey.

autie 3 years, 3 months ago

chicken fried steak and mashed potatos with mucho gravy all over.

LadyJ 3 years, 3 months ago

Biscuits and gravy, making some right now.

number3of5 3 years, 3 months ago

Homemade "CHICKEN AND NOODLES just like mama used to make.

thuja 3 years, 3 months ago

Lemon snowcones whipped up by the Abominable Snowman in his Himalayan snowcave.

prospector 3 years, 3 months ago

Doppelbock and Ironman Imperial Stout

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 3 months ago

The Burro en Fuego from Carlos O' Kelley's lulz. That sucker burns all the way down, like China Syndrome. Wash down with bourbon.

Bill Lee 3 years, 3 months ago

Cottage fries and scrambled eggs.