Previous   Next

What is your favorite winter sport to watch or play?

Asked at Royal Crest Lanes, 933 Iowa St. on January 6, 2011

Browse the archives

“Football.”

“Football, with bowling at a close second.”

“I don’t like winter, but probably Kansas Jayhawks basketball.”

Comments

kernal 3 years, 3 months ago

Waiting for Spring and baseball.

del888 3 years, 3 months ago

I like NASCAR the best in the winter because that's when it's not on TV

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 3 months ago

I like to watch Eride and others running around being frustrated there are no snow covered sidewalks to report. ;P

looza 3 years, 3 months ago

pitching pennies followed by stacking pop tarts.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 3 months ago

T_O_B, You do have to admit that Ole Zephaniah was pretty much a fire and brimstone prophet.

His incarnate is Kris Kobach.

g_rock 3 years, 3 months ago

hockey and basketball.....unless the Chiefs make it to the SB, then I may be excited about that this year too?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 3 months ago

"It's clearly to do with the conspiracy between the Zionists, Fascists, Falun Gong supporters and the aliens from planet Zark. As we approach the tenth anniversary of September 11, and the 2000th anniversary of the death of Christ, the Dark Council will strike again and again at the Earth's outer defences. This time it's the birds; soon it'll be the squirrels. When the flies start dropping like - well flies; that's the time to head for the South Pole and try and get a place on the Star Arks the Americans and Chinese are building down there using the mineral resources they are stealing from Afghanistan."

Mary Darst 3 years, 3 months ago

BASKETBALL, KU THAT IS. I am not wild about winter and it's dismal days. I like to have sledding parties, tho. On the bright and sunny days after a good snow.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

Xtreme Full-Contact Nekkid Curling!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 3 months ago

But T_O_B, Will they be scared to death? http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/

I like the comment section, and the lack of a reply button.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 3 months ago

"What the hell is going on with these mass animal deaths?"

South Central KS will be added to that next weekend.

PikesPeakJhawk 3 years, 3 months ago

I'm right there with you prospector, or at least I WISH I was there...Ad Astra is THE one for me!!! Instead, I sit here looking out my window at the mountains, drinking Rock Bottom ale...just isn't the same....would rather be in Larrytown drinkin' with the locals.....nothin' else like it!!!

prospector 3 years, 3 months ago

Ring around the Free State Growler.

Ricky_Vaughn 3 years, 3 months ago

1. Curling
  2. NBA
  3. NFL (I watch the Chiefs more than the NBA, but I watch the NBA in general more than the NFL)

KU basketball is boring to me until the NCAA tournament starts and winter's technically over by then. That was a real nail-biter last night!

somedude20 3 years, 3 months ago

I rather enjoy the naked female snow angel-off on ESPN 28. The cold does two things very well a) keeps your drinks cold when outside b) nipplegate

Rock Chalk go Steelers!!!

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

Rating the Super Bowl ads. They've been down the last few years, don't you think? If I'm using, say, the scale for Olympic figure skating, nobody gets more than a 5...except maybe that Betty White/Snickers commercial.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 3 months ago

I can't believe you guys. Imagine you're a cute little deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little pond. You put your sweet little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM. A frickin' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces.

JJE007 3 years, 3 months ago

Seasonal Affective Disordering

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

A rousing game of RPS can get my blood pumping . . .

grammaddy 3 years, 3 months ago

To watch-KU B-ball. To play- snowball fighting.

Bill Lee 3 years, 3 months ago

If I have to choose, I'll say football, but basketball is a very close second. The difference is that I like both college and NFL football, but I like only college basketball. I don't care for the NBA at all.

autie 3 years, 3 months ago

I really enjoy shooting animals with guns. Big guns, little guns, it makes no difference as long as I can kill them dead and eat their carcasses.