Previous   Next

Do you recycle?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on February 16, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, because there’s no place that take glass in Lawrence.”

“No, just because we’re so busy we don’t really think about it.”

“I don’t because it’s too much of a pain.”

“Yes, I do because the Walmart is convenient. To be honest, if there wasn’t a convenient place I probably wouldn’t.”

Comments

Stuart Evans 4 years, 1 month ago

First.1. why is it so important to be first?

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

+1!

Yes, everything I can -including used bobcats.

labmonkey 4 years, 1 month ago

We have for awhile since there is curbside recycling where I live... Although since it is pretty much required by the city government since the beginning of the year, I almost want to stop.

riverdrifter 4 years, 1 month ago

Question: where do these uninvited links come from and who is doing this? These people need to be taken out and gassed. I will NOT do business with these parasites.

Jean1183 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes. I also take my neighbor's recyclables to a recycling bin.

LogicMan 4 years, 1 month ago

No because my species finds everything delicious. Sometimes items are a little hard to chew, but we call it "texture".

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

teh cuzins used too thinks recykling condoms wuz okay but cuzin emma jene blew holes in thet theery she tole me not to taukboutit

boxers_or_briefs 4 years, 1 month ago

Your "cuzins" comments are really getting old. Do you have anything new to say? How many years have you been doing them and how old are you anyway?

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I'm older than dirt! And if my comments upset you maybe they hit too close to home. Thanks though for giving me my laugh for the day.

kinder_world 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes we recycle and have for about 30 years. Even when living in a rural area, we carted our recyclables to town once a month or so. Our trash is usually a small kitchen size bag, because everything else is recycled. Remember when they took the margarine and ice cream containers also.

sallyone 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes! I use deffenbaugh and I think that the city should use them for our trash services.

Henry_the_liberal 4 years, 1 month ago

We started using them a few weeks ago, it is so much easier than dragging my trash to Walmart. Still have to take the glass, but that is fun to throw into the bins... CRASH!

kernal 4 years, 1 month ago

The wildcat disappeareded before the city's sanitation showed up Monday and evidently, no one bothered to take a photo of it. That was the end of the story.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

I don't recycle my boxers _or_briefs but I do have a pair in the Guinness Book of World Records. Skid marks.

lgreen17 4 years, 1 month ago

Very sad that young people surveyed don't recycle. A pain a hassle! Very self indulgent. And, yes, Adam, there are two places in Lawrence that take glass.

K_Verses_The_World 4 years, 1 month ago

I eat when I’m hungry, drink when I’m dry Live my life on the square Even if the flesh falls off my face It won’t matter, long as you’re there

from both Standing In The Doorway & Dreamin' Of You but maybe that's reusing, not recycling...

schula 4 years, 1 month ago

Hey Hollis -- I saw that show too. I thought the Dough Rollers were awful!

rockchalker52 4 years, 1 month ago

It's not hard to recycle. WallyWorld makes it convenient. I'm like Elaine, the teacher, though. If the Walmart facility wasn't there, I probably wouldn't be doing it.
Every time I go there, it gives me an interesting visual on how much beer I drink.
I once thought recycling glass was silly, thinking it's gonna be a few kajillion years before we run out of sand. Then a buddy sez 'No, you moron, it's to keep it out of the landfills.' Oh, I get it now.

preebo 4 years, 1 month ago

Tomorrows question should be:

Do you purchase recycled products or do you purchase products made from recycled materials?

Recycling is a vital part of sustainable consumption, but it is essential for people to "close the loop." Buying items made up of reclaimed materials ensures that those materials are removed from the consumption cycle before they end up as waste. This is one way consumers can act responsibly.

However, the most responsible thing to do is to address our consumptive patterns and look for places we can reduce our consumption to more sustainable levels.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Mostly aluminum. Many years ago we would target shoot at the sand plant on the weekends. The manager said he would "recycle" the broken Bud bottles and the lead shot into the foundations, walls and streets of Lawrence.

davidnta 4 years, 1 month ago

I used to take my recyclying to Wal-mart when I lived in Lawerence. Now I stuff everything in a blue bag and place it curbside in Columbia. Paper goes in paper bags or boxes if you want to recycle that as well. For plastic bags, Hy-Vee takes care of that.

Bob Forer 4 years, 1 month ago

Does one have to cycle before they are permitted to recycle. I don't even own a bike.

LogicMan 4 years, 1 month ago

They are just big rats. Tasty, if fried right. Or raw as my distant relatives the V like them.

missmia 4 years, 1 month ago

There are multiple places in lawrence that recycle glass, Adam...

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

Nah, but I'm thinkin' I know who it is. Seems the disapearededed can change their spots but they still troll the same . . .

Kirk Larson 4 years, 1 month ago

Yes, everything I absolutely can. It's the right thing to do morally, it's good for the economy, good for the environment, good for your soul if you've got one.