Previous   Next

Which restaurant do you wish delivered that doesn’t?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on February 12, 2011

Browse the archives

“El Mezcal.”

“Red Lobster.”

“Paisano’s.”

“Longhorn Steakhouse.”

Comments

08Champs 3 years, 1 month ago

China House (steamed dumplings and pork egg foo young) Zen Zero (red Thai coconut curry) Wheatfields (roast chicken #5) Free State (copperhead chicken tenders) Five Guys (a burger!)

Flap Doodle 3 years, 2 months ago

I wish people who say they are leaving this forum would deliver on that promise.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 2 months ago

Border B (and I hate that they are closed on sun and mon, seems we were always going their to eat those days, only to 'not remember' that they are closed then. Taco Grande Some bbq place.

(lol at andini)

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 2 months ago

King Buffet. They bring the buffet to you! And also the ice cream machine please. Thanks.

toughangel41 3 years, 2 months ago

Gran Daddy's for sure and Slow Ride

Jeanne Cunningham 3 years, 2 months ago

KFC and/or any other place that makes fried chicken - even if it came cold and one had to pop it into the microwave.

whats_going_on 3 years, 2 months ago

Chipotle and Panera for sure! I'd be so broke.

macon47 3 years, 2 months ago

i would hate to think i was so lazy, fat, drunk and doped up i couldnt get my own food what a waste

Andini 3 years, 2 months ago

I could use an all meat Texas burrito right now.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Border Bandito. Home of the Texas Burrito Ultimate Gut Bomb.

OPColt 3 years, 2 months ago

Buffalo Wild Wings. Especially on wing wednesdays and boneless thursdays. It is sometimes hard to find a good spot close to bww downtown, so it would be nice to just have it delivered.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

Border Bandito was destroyed one of my toilets when I was in college. Great cheap place for lots of food.

WhiteDog 3 years, 2 months ago

Border Bandito used to deliver. Don't they still?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 2 months ago

"Sunshine*. New Belgium Brewing"

Excellent beer. However, I don't need any post-brewed fruti additions.

"1:11 a.m.? What the buck, you looking to be first or something? Or are you joining the ranks of the "we don't sleep all night club"?" - autie"

Um, let's just say I was as surprised to see that comment at that time as you were.

CWGOKU 3 years, 2 months ago

I miss Hole in the wall, good place. Think about it every time I drive by the old place. Leona's Pizza in Chicago. Too nice to be inside, later...

del888 3 years, 2 months ago

Sounds like an opportunity to make a little $$$ as a Mexican restaurant delivery courier. Don't call the restaurant to order. Instead call the independent courier. He goes to your favorite place and gets the order and brings it to you - for a small fee of course.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

misterlee, Why is that? Delivery is only for Italian, Barbecue, Asian, Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Indian, Chinese, Thai, and subs, but no Mexican?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm thinking "Yellow Sub" said he was too far away to deliver.

Bill Lee 3 years, 2 months ago

Mexican food. I don't care which restaurant because they're all pretty good.

kernal 3 years, 2 months ago

Cornucopia, Tin Pan Alley and Paradise Cafe - if wishes were fishes.

phoggyhawk 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm with Jules, i think it's completely silly that Jimmy John's has a restricted delivery area. They won't deliver to the Prairie Park area either. I wrote them about it and their reasoning was because they wouldn't be able to offer "fast" service. Whatever. Past that, I wished the following places would deliver.

El Mezcal Chipotle ZEN ZERO

Hwy50 3 years, 2 months ago

Mojos Wings with Buff Sauce. If only.... :(

jwl5 3 years, 2 months ago

K F C , FREESTATE & QUIK TRIP

Julesbug 3 years, 2 months ago

Jimmy Johns past Wakarusa. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that they will deliver everywhere else in town but won't go past Wakarusa.

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

The_Original_Bob (anonymous) says… The law firm of .... nevermind.

alfie 3 years, 2 months ago

I should of said, Friday lunch from the Dirty Bird

autie 3 years, 2 months ago

Buster's in Sun City. That, or Chez Wilmore. (the biscuits and gravy from that place are A+)

alfie 3 years, 2 months ago

Friday lunch from the Flamingo!

freestitch 3 years, 2 months ago

Munchers Bakery....mmmm Cream Cheese Donuts

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 2 months ago

You know what sucks?

Threaded comments. Chocolate ale. Delivered food. Namby-pamby goat fornicators who think personal responsibility should be legislated

Comments should be flat and sequential, chocolate and citrus should never be part of beer. Ever. Even if you bite pillows. Take out is where it is at baby, been that way since the Greeks started it. Damn namby-pampy goat fornicators...

Richard Heckler 3 years, 2 months ago

Free State Brewery CHOPPED SALAD VERDE Baby pasta shells are tossed with chopped avocado, tomatoes and spinach, then mingled with Vella Dry Jack cheese and a sweet pea vinaigrette.

Ingredient new veggie burger w/organic red wine for sipping

Burger Stand music and brew selection plus their tofu fries supported by Esquinas Guacamole

Local Burger

Our daughter likely would say Zen Zero

number3of5 3 years, 2 months ago

I don't go to resturants or order in food. I get the most delicious food and great service at Kay's Kitchen.

Kris_H 3 years, 2 months ago

Probably not the best person to respond since I don't live in Lawrence, but when I'm visiting friends and eating (and seems like we are always eating):

Wa. Free State. La Parilla. Zen Zero. Thai Siam. Sylas and Maddy's, LOL!

India Palace DOES deliver, bless their little hearts. But I really like to go to their buffet, best bargain in town. Mmmm.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

There is no ambience at Burger Stand, unless you get really drunk and start rubbing up against people. It still stinks like the Casbah. I just wish liquor stores would deliver. I don't mind picking up my food but every time I go on a bender my wife hides my car keys. But can you imagine how often those poor guys would get sacked, stiffed, and robbed? Hell, I'd have to pay them with an encore of my Renaissance Festival act.

HollisBrown 3 years, 2 months ago

Red Lobster? Might as well order from the Russian Tea Room. The delivery fee would be phenominal. I was disappointed in the Burger Stand. Very average food and torture tables made of foot-wide stainless steel. My partner and I couldn't even sit and eat comfortably together. My business partner, that is. I'm married to a woman.

BABBOY 3 years, 2 months ago

Great question!!

For years, i have wondered why Mexican restaurants do not deliver and wished they would.....

RoeDapple 3 years, 2 months ago

Hooters! For the . .um . . FRIES! Yeah, that's it. Great uh . . french fries!

looza 3 years, 2 months ago

Bonanza....oh wait they closed down years ago. My bad!

Daniel Speicher 3 years, 2 months ago

I'm with aha on this one... If Chipotle delivered, they'd make a killing! I, alone, would probably double the amount of times I get food from there if they'd bring it to the house or office.

--Danny Speicher

labmonkey 3 years, 2 months ago

Ruby Tuesdays and Montana Mike's.

amesn 3 years, 2 months ago

My first thought was to say the Burger Stand but I would actually prefer to take in their ambience soooo I'm gonna have to say La Tropicana or the Matador ONLY because I live in far south Lawrence and they are clear north!