Previous   Next

If you could teach a dog to do any trick, what would it be?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa St. on February 11, 2011

Browse the archives

“Can it be something my dog already does? Because then it’d be smiling.”

“Shovel my drive.”

“Probably teach him to be able to read and summarize scholastic journal articles.”

“I would teach her to fly.”

Comments

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 10 months ago

This being "first" brings you great joy, doesn't it? I can tell. I think it makes your day. It must, since you posted in at midnight just to get in before anyone else!! To each his/her own...

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 10 months ago

Wow, sr80...why did you get so mad at me??

You said on a thread yesterday that I didn't answer your questions...I did not see your questions. I go from one thread to another and do not always see what everyone has written! Well, it's your decision if you want to hold a grudge. Sorry you feel that way.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

"i have decided to leave the forum. goodbye. i am signing out. SVEN January 29, 2011"

As we said earlier - I tried the forum to post when appropriate. It lasted about 6 hours and then the wingnuts - Jerry Springer show crowd took over and took it up to 290+ posts. GOOD BYE It is more like the Jerry Springer show than anything rational, in part due to the moderator's policy interpretations. we ARE NOT posting again - sorry. February 8, 2011

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

Design houses. Heck, it can't be that difficult.

Scott Morgan 3 years, 10 months ago

Fetch a beer from the fridge and then shovel snow

BruceWayne 3 years, 10 months ago

use a camera, a laptop, and mix drinks. all while I am holding my backdoor open with my foot.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Sarah P. is 47 today. Happy Birthday Sarah!

KU_cynic 3 years, 10 months ago

Communicate with me telepathically .... and sniff out scarce women in a post-apocalyptic world.

KU_cynic 3 years, 10 months ago

Glad someone caught and enjoyed the reference . . .

number3of5 3 years, 10 months ago

I don't need to teach my dog tricks. I need to teach him how to greet people when they come in the door. I also need to teach the people who come in, no touch, no talk and no eye contact, as Cesar so aptly says it.

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 10 months ago

number3of5...Same here...my granddaughter (age seven) taught her Lab to sit...and stay...when he was four months old...but he wriggles (her word) all over and acts quite deranged when anyone comes to the door. At ten months old, maybe it's because he's still a "baby". They think they're going to have to find a "dog whisperer"!! As for the people who come in, we'll never be able to train them.... :~)

looza 3 years, 10 months ago

I would teach my dog Ebonics. So that way he could help me understand the rap videos on BET.

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 10 months ago

And you really feel it necessary to understand what these rap people are saying? Poor dog...I think that would be grounds for animal abuse...

Kontum1972 3 years, 10 months ago

Poo on command....where i want him too...

WiseOne 3 years, 10 months ago

Seriously you zap him with a hot shot prod because he licks himself in front of people??? Gee I am sure he knows he is doing something terribly wrong. Seeing how that is not something that is natural for him to do or any thing. Why doesn't he go to the sink and get a wash cloth and some soap? That would maybe be something you would want to teach him, probably more than you know to do. So you shock him? Unbelievable.

FloridaSunshine 3 years, 10 months ago

WiseOne....I took what RETICENT_IRREVERENT said about the prod as a joke...You WERE joking, weren't you, RI??? Please be joking about that!!

WiseOne, I took RI's whole post as a joke...the goofy look on his face...and the last line, especially...

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

I'd like to teach my dog to go uptown wearing a black hat.

Chrissy Neibarger 3 years, 10 months ago

I would teach my dog to let himself outside and then back in to do his business

bad_dog 3 years, 10 months ago

You might want him to do his business outside first ;-)

squawkhawk 3 years, 10 months ago

I'd teach him to not embezzle from the school he works for.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm thinking the lemurs would love to have that wig for nesting material.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

This comment pre-removed for using a vulgar sexual term to describe someone on the sinister side of the aisle.

pace 3 years, 10 months ago

I would get him to resign from congress.

Thinking_Out_Loud 3 years, 10 months ago

Any trick, huh? Probably the cups and balls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXQRd...

Might leave out the potato, though.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

I'd like to be able to teach the dog how to operate the pump that keeps the stock tank full of water. Being able to drive the dump truck would also be a good trick for a clever dog.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 10 months ago

Ever since they discovered Fritos, the lemurs drink an amazing amount of water.

pace 3 years, 10 months ago

I know some brothers with a pit bull, I would like to watch him pull a Palin.

bearded_gnome 3 years, 10 months ago

I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that dogs think humans are nuts.

---by john steinbeck

Bob Forer 3 years, 10 months ago

How bout if I taught the dog to teach itself every trick in the book. Dog tricks are fun, but I don't have the time or patience required.

beeshlii 3 years, 10 months ago

teach him how to work, so i don't have too. i had enough of this thing called WORK.