Previous   Next

Which company do you think has the best Super Bowl commercials?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on February 4, 2011

Browse the archives

“I haven’t seen them in a while, but Budweiser always seems to win out.”

“Tostitos, for the chips.”

“Budweiser, they’re just funny.”

“We don’t have a TV so I have no idea.”

abw2102 4 years, 9 months ago

Last year's Subaru ads with the driving dogs were so cute and funny, they're some of my all time favorites. Though technically I think they were Puppy Bowl ads.

grammaddy 4 years, 9 months ago

Budweiser! I love the Clydesdales. My favorite was the tribute after 9/11.

blindrabbit 4 years, 9 months ago

Best all-time Superbowl commercial by Electronic Data Systems in 2000 entitled "Cat Herding". I call it up whenever I need a good laugh!

labmonkey 4 years, 9 months ago

Agreed with the cat herders. Funny thing was that was a horrible year for commercials with all the companies, which made that one stand out even more.

blindrabbit 4 years, 9 months ago

Roe: If I'm not mistaken the young blond in your Charmin ad was Carol Wayne. She was Johnny Carsons (Art Fern) good time movie gal on Tonight Show. Drowned in a swimming accident in North Carolina, I think!

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

Good catch blindrabbit! I do believe you are correct!

davidsmom 4 years, 9 months ago

ETrade. I LOVE the ETrade babies commercials!

looza 4 years, 9 months ago

Career Builder w/ the chimpanzees. They are a riot! Chimps are fun too watch. And NO....I am not a racist.

Paula Kissinger 4 years, 9 months ago

Budweiser, hands down. Followed by Doritos.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 9 months ago

I know it's not a 'company' but I was especially fond of the 'pro-life' spot they did last year; you know, the one that was so controversial. (The one with Tim Tebow and his mother )

I wonder if Planned Parenthood, or maybe NOW is going to insist on 'equal time' this year.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 9 months ago

hitme...I almost choked when I swallowed a big gulp of water and read your comment at the same time!! FUNNY!!!

kernal 4 years, 9 months ago

I see TOB had the breakfast of champions this morning.

tomatogrower 4 years, 9 months ago

Last night I watched a show about Super Bowl commercials and there was a Budweiser commercial where the horses are getting ready to play football, and a sheared sheep runs out onto the field. One cowboy says "Streaker". The sheep moons everyone, and dances around and the cowboy says "Didn't need to see that." I laughed so hard, I almost wet the bed, TOB.

RoeDapple 4 years, 9 months ago

"Nobody likes football, nobody . . "

That's why the commercials have to be entertaining. To get us through it all..

blindrabbit 4 years, 9 months ago

How about Apple's 1984, Superbowl XVIII introduction of the McIntosh computer. Great imagery, George Orwell would be proud! I think it only appeared once on American television!

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 9 months ago

@thebcman...I don't watch football, but I happened to see that commercial for whatever was terrific!!

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 9 months ago

Gee, you noticed! This Florida gal is ready for SPRING... I'll be wrapping up in coats and hats again soon... Just a short break from the norm (for Kansas).

BruceWayne 4 years, 9 months ago

getting that comment count up huh old buddy? SEE YOU at Breakfast!

Flap Doodle 4 years, 9 months ago

"i have decided to leave the forum. goodbye. i am signing out. SVEN January 29, 2011"

As we said earlier - I tried the forum to post when appropriate. It lasted about 6 hours and then the wingnuts - Jerry Springer show crowd took over and took it up to 290+ posts. GOOD BYE It is more like the Jerry Springer show than anything rational, in part due to the moderator's policy interpretations. we ARE NOT posting again - sorry. February 8, 2011

tribalzendancer 4 years, 8 months ago

Snap/BruceWayne, you have to realize your continued attacks on Sven reflect more poorly on you than him. This is evident enough to the reasonable, good-spirited people that don't participate in the LJworld forums.

It is sad to see how much time people have to focus hateful energy on others, rather than building a greater capacity for empathy and compassion.