Previous   Next

What do you stock up on before a snowstorm?

Browse the archives

“I don’t stock up on anything. It’s silly.”

“Milk, stuff that I can cook and ice cream.”

“Meat, and I’m usually out of bread anyway, milk and juice.”

“A friend of mine just got a case of beer. I’m stocking up on milk, OJ and eggs. ”

nobody1793 4 years, 8 months ago

rocks. they give snowballs a little extra umph.

black_butterfly 4 years, 8 months ago

I stock up on water, milk, diet soda, hot chocolate, coffee, fruit, and items to make complete meals because you can't run to the store for marinara sauce, eggs or bread at the last minute. I also stock up on DVD's just in case Direct TV goes out which it usually does. I make sure I have wood for the fireplace and candles. I make sure all of my utility bills are paid because I won't be able to run and pay them at the last minute.

parrothead8 4 years, 8 months ago

My winter pet peeve is somebody who wastes gas on a trip to the store to get one or two things.

grammaddy 4 years, 8 months ago

Soup and crackers. A lot of people stock up on milk bread and eggs. What is it about a snowstorm that makes people crave French Toast??

looza 4 years, 8 months ago

toilet paper. Heavy snow gives me the runs. :(

classclown 4 years, 8 months ago

Threaded comments are the tool of the devil.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 7 months ago

Is it so very difficult for men to say "my wife" instead of "the wife", as if she were a piece of furniture? I've noticed, since this term, "the wife", is one of my pet peeves, that women never say, "the husband"...they always say "my husband"...

A simple question...I truly would like to know the answer. Thanks to anyone who answers!

Irenaku 4 years, 8 months ago

Maker's Mark for when I want a real drink. Jim Beam and Fat Tire for when I want a shot and a beer chaser. Plenty of veggies, grains, soy milk, juice, some kittly litter to keep in my car if I have to go somewhere and get stuck and movies from Family Video. Today it will be "Turner and Hooch" and "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels". Oh, yeah.

black_butterfly 4 years, 8 months ago

“I don’t stock up on anything. It’s silly.”

Well, it may seem silly if you are NOT the head of a household and aren't responsible for providing meals for your family, or if you live in an environment like a dorm or other shared living where things are partially provided for you. Or maybe you already have all that you need to go 2-3 days without going to any stores. It may be silly for you, but saying that it is silly in general...........that is silly. You don't know other people's situation. If stocking up is silly then there are thousands of people who are "silly". When the news reports that we are going to get the worst blizzard in 50 years, stocking up is NOT silly!

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 7 months ago

MacHeath...Oh, you MUST mean ophiuchus' elegant example of threaded comments...but a haiku?? :~)

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 7 months ago

ophiuchus...not intentionally...and as you can see (if you do as I do, which you probably don't), I go back and reread stuff sometimes. You will probably never see this post...let me see what I can think of to write that would certainly shock the livin' daylights out of you (as we say in the south)since I know you'll probably never see it...ummmm...hmmmm....ummmm...nothing comes to mind at this time of the morning...dadgumit!!!!

black_butterfly 4 years, 8 months ago

Yes that is what Channel 5 news said Sunday. I am far from panicked or hysterical. I even went to Wal-Mart around 10 this morning. I still don't think it is silly to stock up for a 2-3 day stay in the house. I am very relaxed.

labmonkey 4 years, 8 months ago

Channel 5 news....hmmmm Katie "If you can hear my voice, take shelter now" Horner. No hysteria there, ever.

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 8 months ago

I've stocked up, yes sir. Got four deep freezers, two fridges packed to the brim. Got me a whole buffalo between 3 freezers, some possums in the 4th, milk and cheese in one fridge, ice cream in the 2nd. See you in March! And I gots plenty of artillery shells and Colt 45.

labmonkey 4 years, 8 months ago

We have two deer worth of meat in the freezer....we'll be alright. If the snow gets to the top of the roof, we do have two dogs. Ummmm, sesame chicken.

FloridaSunshine 4 years, 7 months ago

Oh, yuk, uk, ewww, I'll never be able to eat Chinese food again!!! I had just recently gotten over someone making the same sort of comment (it took me about two years to "forget" it)...and here we go again!! ophiuchus...I really used to enjoy Chinese food! You and labmonkey are SOOO mean!!!

Judgesmails 4 years, 8 months ago

“I don’t stock up on anything. It’s silly.” - Laura

What about your precious lattes and granola, idiot ?

Mike Hatch 4 years, 8 months ago

I'm getting an early start on that Christmas wreath project

sr80 4 years, 7 months ago

i go out and shoot about 5 deer,10 quail,2 turkeys,1pheasant, and a possum,i don't want to run out of food!!! 8" of snow can stop our existence!!!!

BruceWayne 4 years, 7 months ago

sounds good! see you at breakfast saturday!