Previous   Next

What website did you visit most in 2011?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 31, 2011

Browse the archives

“Facebook.”

“Facebook or Google, because it is my homepage.”

“Memebase.”

“Facebook.”

Comments

grisgris 2 years, 7 months ago

I am deleting my facebook page. I find it invasive and boring.

grammaddy 2 years, 7 months ago

Has to be the award winning ljworld.com.There is NO greater site for social networking.

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

msn fark leenks foobies (keep that to yourself) LJWorld bing google I agree with grisgris about FB. I also got rid of it.

The 'vast wasteland' has expanded way beyond TV.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 7 months ago

For most of the year the main websites I visited were facebook and yahoo mail then I got invited to join a website called pinterest.com and now I can't stop pinning things!!

dajudge 2 years, 7 months ago

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

So sorry guys and gals, Ole Roe was outa town for a day or so. thuja and faceit didn't have me to kick around so some of the rest of you had to take the hit.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm back now though, so . . . bring it!!

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

By the way faceit . . . as per your pm. Wrong on every count but you keep believing what you want.

Don't pm me again. I much prefer you as a troll, keep your analysis to yourself.

So glad you can speak for the rest of the posters here though.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

The real beauty of it is . . . when I get you to react you become one of us (those you don't like here) so rather than having "anger issues" I sit here laughing at how easy it is.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm not your "honey", sweatheart. But I am dancing around room laughing at your weak attempts to stir the pot!

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Okay thuja. Just went over to my neighbor's house (a psychologist for 28 years) and "no" is the answer. I showed him my posts and yours over the last few months and he thinks you're "unstable". He also told me I am one of the most cool, level headed people he knows. A bit wordy, but cool, he says. Admittedly, for the price I paid ($0), the analysis can be taken with a grain of salt, but you asked for it. Where should he send the bill?

8-]

Kathy Getto 2 years, 7 months ago

Thuja - really? Just because one does not see things your way - does not make them a troll. As for sociopaths - I will repeat - the guys and gals in white hats have done a good job of dispatching the sociopaths from this site - well there is still one, albeit pretty inane, hanging around.

Trolls are at the intersection of ambition and incompetence. You might want to consider where you fit in to the equation.

jonas_opines 2 years, 7 months ago

Thuja does have something of a point, even if not pointing it out very well.

Some time ago, the OTS was well-responded by quite a variety of people, most every day. These days, it seems like it's generally 40-60 posts, 80% of which are by the same three or four people.

Only questions are: are those two things related, and if so, which caused the other?

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

There may be a handful of folks with the majority of posts. So what? They don't go bullying & trolling their way through the threads. Most of 'em are very entertaining. I hope they double their remarks. (are you listening, rara?) This business about 'woe is me, the regulars are taking over' is really starting to chap my backside. It's a FORUM, an exchange of thoughts & ideas. Everybody is welcome as many times as they want. Isn't that right, Ms. Crump?

jonas_opines 2 years, 7 months ago

Well, entertaining is in the eye of the beholder, but it is of course possible that they are filling the void caused by departures of other posters. Of course, it's equally possible that they are causing the departure of other posters, as well. I certainly don't advocate any solution other than live and let live, but at the same time, just because you can do something, doesn't necessarily mean that you continuously should.

You say you find it entertaining, which is great. But you might also consider what it would be to read if, ya'know, you actually didn't find them entertaining. There wouldn't be much point left to reading at all.

Either way, just thoughts, after all. OTS is still, generally, one of the nicest threads on the ljworld.

Kathy Getto 2 years, 6 months ago

You are right, jonas, but imputing causality can be a sticky wicket.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Hell to be out of town when you have tranny trouble . . .

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Oops! Did I get off topic? . . .

8-)

rockchalker52 2 years, 7 months ago

mobot.org

great site for researching garden plants

bearded_gnome 2 years, 7 months ago

have a favorite/funniest comment thread of 2011?
my annual contribution for posters to hype your personal favorites:

most often visited: ljworld.com drudgereport.com classicsoutherngospel.com live365.com google.com

*happy new year you all!

Deja Coffin 2 years, 6 months ago

I'm actually really interested in this. Do you know of any local green home contractors?

gonewest 2 years, 1 month ago

(ignoring Google, which "doesn't count") it would be http://www.secondlife.com and second to that my own, http://www.bobhaircuts.com (although its user interface was created in the mid-1990s, and I have yet to significantly revamp it).

Re: Second Life, I have found love there in a special person and good friends. But truly, I miss my good friends from my childhood in Lawrence. Amy Long, Phil Teeter, Dodge Wendler, Webb Thomas, John Walburn, so many others!