Previous   Next

What are you looking forward to about 2012?

Asked at Z’s Downtown Espresso, 10 E. Ninth St. on December 28, 2011

Browse the archives

“Being a little less busy.”

“Starting over in a new semester.”

“There’s a lot of things I hope to improve on. Having a more positive attitude helps that fall into place. ”

“I’m expecting a lot of physical changes to the planet. I’m not looking forward to a disaster, but the raising of consciousness among people.”

Comments

JackMcKee 3 years ago

oddly enough the one moron I know that buys into the end of the world nonsense is also an ardent Ron Paul supporter. Figure that one out.

rockchalker52 3 years ago

February 29th, my buddy's birthday. He doesn't look that great for a sixteen year old.

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

Cats and dogs living together.....

riverdrifter 3 years ago

January 1st. I've got nothing going here in the valley of the unconcerned, so let her buck.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Also looking forward to more harrasment by "My Three Trolls". I know if I'm pi$$in' them off they will leave everyone else alone.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Oops! My addition is lacking too. Four trolls. Some are so minor they are easy to forget.

grammaddy 2 years, 12 months ago

If you don't have haters, you're not doing something right. Congratulations on having 3!

labmonkey 3 years ago

I can tell you what I am NOT looking forward to... political commercials and chest bumping rhetoric.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

And meeting Jenny. For coffee. I think.

jackpot 3 years ago

or the curbs don't jump out in front of him.

Eugehne Normandin 3 years ago

A new calendar. My 2012 calendar has photos of puppies and kittens.

Loki 3 years ago

Getting my forever lazy and wearing it out on the town like th uber cool people in the commercial! I will be the envy of all!

labmonkey 3 years ago

labmonkey 3 years ago

You seriously deleted that comment? One of the things they advertise and are proud of is the butt-flap.

Loki 3 years ago

I am proud of my butt flap too!

Bill Lee 3 years ago

Health, wealth and happiness. I'll settle for one of the three.

Kyle Neuer 3 years ago

The death of the Citizens United ruling, single-payer healthcare and jail time for financial and energy speculators.

May as well go for it.

bd 3 years ago

The downfall of the Obomites!

Tea anyone???

schula 3 years ago

Getting married in April 2012 to the love of my life!

wmathews 3 years ago

So am I Jake's victim, or is he mine? Both?

wmathews 3 years ago

He isn't really into condiments. I will say I have never seen him eat mustard, but I have seen him eat ketchup. Therefore, he is my soul mate.

3 years ago

Whitney, I believe it depends on the time of day. At dinnertime he's the victim, and at other times, it's you!

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

In other 2012 news: "...As of Jan. 3, 2012, interstate and intergovernmental access to your child’s personal information will be practically unlimited. The federal government will have a de facto nationwide database of supposedly confidential student information...."

Liberty275 3 years ago

If idiot obama had a clue on the economy, maybe I could sell my house and head for the coast I really miss the ocean and have grown to loathe cornfields

schula 3 years ago

R_I, yes he is aware that fiancee means victim in French.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

I am looking forward to more angry posts by BABBOY

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Oh Gawrsh!! She smiled at me!

(Hi Whitney!)

littlexav 3 years ago

Wow, the "natural medicine" guy cracks me up! I'm also expecting a lot of physical changes to the planet, you know, like spring, followed by summer, followed by autumn. And those coriolis winds moving the clouds all around! Tragedy looms...

3 years ago

As a general rule, people do not believe anything you tell them that is outside of their preconceived belief system because they think they know all about it already, regardless of whether they ever studied the subject or not.

For a couple examples that are contained within the three dimensional time space continuum, when Albert Einstein postulated the General Theory of Relativity in 1907 - 1915, which superseded Newtonian Physics, virtually no physicists or anyone else believed it. Of course, today we know it is factual reality. But if you haven't studied Physics, it sounds impossible.

And then years later, when the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle was presented to Albert Einstein, he didn't believe it! Of course, today we know it is factual reality. Again, if you haven't studied Physics, it sounds impossible.

Things that are outside the three dimensional time space continuum are exactly the same way. Most people just don't believe it, and eyewitness testimony means nothing.

3 years ago

Of course, there are hallucinations. However, no two people will ever describe the same hallucination, and they are never (or very rarely) later proven to be factual reality across time and distance.

Other things are different, and many people will describe the same thing exactly the same way across time, sometimes even across centuries, and sometimes from a great distance, such as from over a thousand of miles away.

Those are very different things than hallucinations, and there are no explanations for them that are contained within the three dimensional time space continuum.

riverdrifter 3 years ago

A friend and I both had BeerTenders. Two thumbs down. I got mine from Amazon.com on the cheap. I gave it a grade of C and sold it on Craigslist. I'd say just get an old fridge that works, drill a hole in the door and rig it with a tap.

3 years ago

Years ago, in 1979, I ran away to California to be a hippy. But, I soon discovered that I had arrived at that party a few years too late. But, I did find roommates that made a pretty good show of it anyway.

They had fitted an old refrigerator with a beer tap, just as you described. But there was a serious problem - whenever there was a beer keg inside, it went dry in no time at all, and there was never enough money to keep it full.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

CWGOKU (anonymous) says… "The return of Spacehog!"

CyberKnight (anonymous) says… "I think that if you think the guy is gone, you are dreaming. I'd be keeping my head down." March 9, 2010 at 7:44 p.m."

equalaccessprivacy 3 years ago

Getting the heck out of KS. The worst decision I ever made. Have been severely abused and have PTSD thanks to all of the yahoos and southern-justice dishonesty here.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Watch that door as you go . . .

gphawk89 3 years ago

Looking forward to it not being 2011 any more. What a horrible year.

3 years ago

It was a pretty bad year for me too. It seemed to start out well, but then,,,

No comment.

Sunny Parker 3 years ago

A new President who has more experience than just a 'community organizer'!

beatrice 2 years, 12 months ago

The whole peas on earth, gouda wheel, two men thing.

Deja Coffin 2 years, 12 months ago

I'm just hoping I have a better gardening season then last year and spend as much quality time with family as I can. Especially those who are sick.

grammaddy 2 years, 12 months ago

Looking forward to the November elections so Obama can have that second term he's worked so hard for. Hawaiian Ninja 2012!! Also to the Dems taking the House back from the teapublicans so he can get his stuff done.