Previous   Next

Do you ever drink energy drinks?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 17, 2011

Browse the archives

“I used to, when I was a student, up studying late. It got pretty bad sometimes.”

“I did when I was a student. Never now.”

“No — never. I’m energetic enough as it is.”

“Our kids do, but not us.”

“No. Coffee is my energy drink. ”

Comments

g_rock 2 years, 4 months ago

One time at debate camp... (true hard core geek story) I took so much vivrin I puked on my roommates towel.

good times, good times.

Antonym 2 years, 4 months ago

A couple caffine pills in a bottle of Gatorade. Dirt cheap and same effect as high dollar stuff.

If you can't identify it, don't eat it. RIP Jack.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 4 months ago

I look at power juicers, but I just end up walking on by.
That LaLanne guy died anyway.

cake_boss 2 years, 4 months ago

When I was 13 a friend and I had a contest who could drink the most cans of rock star energy drink. I think I won cause after drinking 9 I had a mild hard attack and spent a couple days in the ER.

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

Will confess to a five-hour about 3 or 4 times a year, mainly on road trips. Always end up annoyed wondering when it'll kick in, then realize I'm not tired anymore.
Leave that sugary stuff alone, man. Soft drink, energy stuff, whatever. It's refined sugar that makes your farts stink. Mine smell like chocolate chips & pumpkin pie.

prospector 2 years, 4 months ago

They don't call it Ironman Imperial Stout for nothing.

autie 2 years, 4 months ago

just high octane aviation fuel and red bull.

Seriously, hell no I wouldn't drink that crap for anything. It is worthless. Almost as stupid as buying water in a plastic pop bottle. The kids drink red bull and vodka. That is known to cause some to be in Mr. Self's dog house.

Liberty_One 2 years, 4 months ago

My energy comes from food. A consistently healthy diet is the best energy booster you can get.

Odeo 2 years, 4 months ago

No. However, I know some guy that puts a pin hole in one part of the can and "dries" it out before mixing with a load of harmful and combustible chemicals until he has his "Batch." He asked me if I would like to try.......I Giggled...

labmonkey 2 years, 4 months ago

I drink a no sugar one everyday before I work out. I get a little more out of the workout, and I burn it off during the workout so I am not short-tempered afterward (these drinks without the workout make me short-tempered instead of jittery).

Rara_Avis 2 years, 4 months ago

Nobody told me about SantaCon, but I guess it has something to do with energy drinks. Pixie Sticks and 100 proof peppermint schnapps works. Is the bus still running tonight? I think you're supposed to wear a shirt when you ride it but they know me.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 4 months ago

Just hair of the dog. I couldn't get out of bed without it. Now wait. Are there 2 questions today? I don't think I have the brain cell capacity for that anymore?

thebcman 2 years, 4 months ago

Energy drinks consumed with alcohol may affect heart rates, blood pressure and even mental states.

riverdrifter 2 years, 4 months ago

Nope. Don't need no stinking energy drink.

tange 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm still drinkin' spinach right out of the can.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 4 months ago

Jolt was the real deal back in the 80's.

Centurion 2 years, 4 months ago

I was going to watch it but I drank an energy drink and now I can't sit still. :)

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Anybody else watching "Wizard of Oz" on TNT this evening?

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Back when I spent 16/20 hours/week in the gym, yes. Along with creatine, whey concentrate, energy bars, etc. My advise,"Don't!". Most of that cr@p only makes you feel you can walk through walls. You can't. . . Oh. First.