Previous   Next

Do you send or receive holiday cards or letters?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 Louisiana St. on December 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“Yes, Christmas cards with a family letter.”

“I try to send them, mainly to people who have sent me something in the past. ”

“We send cards, sometimes with letters, sometimes not, just depends on how busy we are. But it’s a nice way to catch up.”

“It’s something on my to-do list to get better at. But not always this time of year — I like to give presents when they’re not expected.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 5 months ago

Don't send any, still get a handful. I just have quit Christmas in the traditional consumer/card /present fashion. I've got a nice string of lights up though and I hope we have a white Christmas -but not a blizzard -as of recent.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I have security clamped down tight on my computer. Spam, forwarded cr@p and E-cards go directly to my spam folder, then about twice per day I dump it without looking at it. It's the thought that counts.

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

R_I sez "The French invented garlic - wrong The French invented olive oil - wrong The French invented venison - wrong The French invented penne - wrong"

Auite sez "The French also invented the window sill."

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

The French invented Braile.

And the diesel engine.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

The aqualung and the stethoscope. Both French.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

The internet was invented by A. Gore. British.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Christmas cards were first made by John Halcot Horsley. Also British.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Anyone doubting the accuracy of my posts can check with my stalker. I'm sure faceit will comment soon . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Barack Obama hasn't invented anything. But he was present.

Bill Lee 3 years, 5 months ago

I had planned to send some out over the weekend, but I'm running late. I'm still planning to send some. One year, I finally got them sent in March. With a delay that long, I included a letter to explain my poor timing. I used to write at least one letter every day. Those days are long gone.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

In other news . . .

This is why your tag is listed as "antlered" or "anterless" instead of male or female . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

I have an unopened box of Christmas cards & a list of names with missing addresses. Looks like a long day with the reverse directory, or maybe I'll just practice on the mouth harp for a while. It's the only way I can get the dog to go outside in this weather. Trying to learn "Frere Jacques". French song, I think.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I know a couple who, while shopping, will go to the greeting card display and pick out cards for each other for holidays and other special occasions. They exchange them on the spot, read them then put them back in the rack. No sense buying them then throwing them away the next day, they both agree.

formerlawrenceres 3 years, 5 months ago

I send Christmas smoke signals. Cards are way too much work.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

Rumor has it that french fries originated in . . . . . Spain.

Liberty275 3 years, 5 months ago

Not at this time of year. Right now we are sending CHRISTMAS cards and CHRISTMAS gifts.