Previous   Next

What do you think of Charlie Weis as Kansas University football’s next head coach?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd Street on December 8, 2011

Browse the archives

“I’m still wondering why we gave the last coach $6 million.”

“I hope they will play better next season.”

“I am waiting for next season to see, but I think it will work out well. He has a good record and I am hopeful. ”

“I can’t anticipate what will happen, but I’ll definitely be watching. I’m optimistic.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 5 months ago

Whiffed on a ~280 yard shot at a good buck out of the tree stand today. I thought I had him. It was the wind & that's my story and I'm sticking with it. See. Hope coach Charlie gets us in the record book.

Loki 3 years, 5 months ago

Any coach that can fail at ND with their program and recruiting has an awesome chance at success at KU! The guy can only keep bouncing around so long before he fails at enough programs and is equipment manager for some Texas high school football team. Someone said it is at last a step up. Sad that all we have come to expect is better, not champions.

jackpot 3 years, 5 months ago

Going to be fun reading the comments after we get the numbers for wages.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

rd - "Hope coach Charlie gets us in the record book."

Gill did.

coolhawk 3 years, 5 months ago

This is a high risk - high reward move. I think it was about time we either play the game or sit on the sidelines. We are all in with this hire. I think it is awesome. The hiring of TG did nothing for me. This hire makes me excited. Let the tailgate begin! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

jehovah_bob 3 years, 5 months ago

KU has a football team? I thought it was a daycare for babies with glandular problems.

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

Predicting it'll turn out to be a great hire. Best candidate for creating some national buzz. Can't wait to see how he's gonna go about it. Mizzou lucky they got out while they could.

parrothead8 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't love the hire, but one thing to consider is that Charlie Weis must be very invested in succeeding at KU if he ever intends to get a better head coaching job, because he didn't exactly set the world on fire at Notre Dame or Florida.

Richard Payton 3 years, 5 months ago

This coach has 5 super bowl rings. He can get players to the next level with his contacts. Will he win at KU?

rockchalker52 3 years, 5 months ago

We always have fun trimming the tree. The lights get kinda hot if they're too close to the trunk but the tinsel really makes it stand out.

grisgris 3 years, 5 months ago

I've often found that there is an abundance of trim during the season on Mass St.

RoeDapple 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't have a salamander but it get too cold for my lizard in the garage. I named him Wilt.

bevy 3 years, 5 months ago

autie, I'm still trying to figure out what trim is a euphemism for. Or do these guys just turn everything into a double-entendre?

Haiku_Cuckoo 3 years, 5 months ago

Two things concern me: 1) This is his fourth job in four years. 2) His wife and daughter are staying in Florida rather than moving to Kansas. I could see that being difficult.

I'm hoping for the best though.

Richard Heckler 3 years, 5 months ago

These AD's are not good business people. Perhaps think $2.5 million after 5 years of evaluations. Those first 5 years should come in at $150,000 a year plus medical insurance and weight training.

These contracts with golden parachutes and extreme wages do not encourage performance.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd swear that I just saw the same exact post by merrill on another thread on this award-winning website. Excessive copy/pasting does not encourage performance. (from a source)

Jayhawk_4_Life 3 years, 5 months ago

not one of the people asked on the street actually answered the question