Previous   Next

Have you ever rented a vehicle?

Asked at Dillons, 4701 W. Sixth St. on December 1, 2011

Browse the archives

“I rented a truck for moving.”

“I haven’t. I’ve always owned.”

“No.”

“No.”

Comments

Odeo 2 years, 4 months ago

Yeah. Several times. Particularly on vacation. I am always amused by some of the rental agencies that give a map of where I cannot take the vehicle. After checking in, those are the first places I drive to.

Bottomed out once on Moloka'i. Took my buddy and me about three hours to dig out by hand - literally. Had to dig out huge rocks which were holding the car up.

Car was no worse for wear though. We told his sister about it, whom lives there, and she told her friend at the rental place later. They just laughed.

Always take a rental where no man has gone before......and maybe a shovel and pick.....-Odeo

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 4 months ago

Once in Calf. they said it was a car, somekinda Chrylser peace of crap, about got killed on the freeways,--spit sputter.

blue73harley 2 years, 4 months ago

Was assigned to work in Ft. Lauderdale for months back in the mid-nineties. Nice place to live if you are on an expense account! Always rented a convertible. Always turned it in with lots of sand in the interior. A trip to Key West was epic.

scopi_guy 2 years, 4 months ago

I rented a vehicle once, a black sedan It was great Took me anywhere I wanted to go Had pictures and candy Also took me to the nearest star

Andini 2 years, 4 months ago

I like motels that rent by the hour. Cars....not so much.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

I did NOT have relations with that tranny. . .

There, I said it. Was I as convincing as Bill Clinton

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 4 months ago

The problem with trannys is you can never get the cruise control to shut off.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 4 months ago

"So roe has been dating bobs tranny all along. Kinky."

No wonder my tranny never works. Hey, Roed, easy on my tranny next time.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Glad to see flux still cares . . .

profound 2 years, 4 months ago

So roe has been dating bobs tranny all along. Kinky.

CWGOKU 2 years, 4 months ago

I think Flux and Babboy are the same person.

autie 2 years, 4 months ago

Cherio? damn, it is lunch time.

prospector 2 years, 4 months ago

I found what i needed.

Cherio

prospector 2 years, 4 months ago

Hire chauffeurs for your travelling

Luxury automobiles, like a sedan or limousine, need someone to drive it. A chauffeur is an individual who is hired they are driving these luxury cars. Earlier, chauffeurs were hired as personal full-time servants they are driving the posh vehicle from the owner. However, now a Chauffeur is hired through chauffeur hire services which supplies both vehicle and driver. Even people sometimes hire chauffeur for full-time for you to drive themselves in their own individual personal luxury vehicle like sedan or limousine. So, a chauffeur may be needed when there's an luxury vehicle, for a special event like wedding, party, business meeting, etc. Imagine if you are planning to visit out for promenade evening, you've buddies along with you, and you need to boost the pleasure of those happy moments within an memorable manner then you just need to employ an extravagance vehicle having a chauffeur Heathrow who are able to get you at the preferred destination. Embassies and Diplomats, Professionals, Show Biz and Media Personnel all have to employ a chauffeur, through chauffeur hire services for his or her planned outings. In certain regions of world, Chauffeur is hired at chauffeur hire services after passing additional professional license. For this function, specific age, experience and native physical understanding criteria is needed to become satisfied. Some limousine companies oblige their chauffeur Gatwick to endure different professional courses. In lots of parts around the globe, a highly-groomed personality and conventional dressing with appropriate matching tie and shoes are recognized to be vital products for any chauffeur, and therefore are noted in employing procedure for Chauffeur. Some companies don't strictly follow this standard, whereas, some companies have total uniform including hat for that chauffeur. For luxury chauffeurs you can log on to elitechauffeurcars.co.uk

prospector 2 years, 4 months ago

Biscuits are an excellent vehicle for butter.

Bill Lee 2 years, 4 months ago

Whenever I've needed a car for just a few days I've rented. This has unusally been on trips out of town, but there was a time when I didn't own a car, so would rent one when I didn't want to walk or ride the bus. When my car was in the shop for two weeks, my insurance paid for a car rental. They picked me up!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 4 months ago

The spousal unit made me rent "Two Weeks Notice". That was a vehicle for Sandra Bullock.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 4 months ago

"That was nice of you to let your tranny go out. Did he/she appreciate it?"

You'll have to ask Roed.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 4 months ago

I just rented a car for the weekend to go to Pratt to see my daughter not two weeks ago. Cost me all of 67 bucks and I had unlimited miles. Best deal ever.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

hey cuzins just in case i dont remember to includeded y'all in my semi-anal chrissmass letter here be a blanket wish fer everbody . . .

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

Reserved a Dodge Challenger last year for a road trip. They gave us a Taurus. Nice car, though. Cruises fine. The button to open the trunk is right in the middle of the dash. Took me ten minutes to find it.

Rented a 3/4 ton truck to clean up an old farmstead. Took a load to the local dump & the guy with the little 'dozer came by & pushed a pile of garbage on us. Everybody stunk all the way back to the rental place. Truck was funky when we turned it in.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 4 months ago

autie, PoPo's? Soon your elected representatives will be voting on the National Defense Authorization Act.
As it currently stands, you could be labeled a terrorist and indefinitely detained at Gitmo without charge or trial Yes, it is still open and operating.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 4 months ago

I had to rent once when my tranny went out.

Richard Payton 2 years, 4 months ago

Back in the day Lawrence had a rental car company called lease a lemon. Maybe, she's only owned lemons. Got to love those lemon laws.

prospector 2 years, 4 months ago

I would rather rent a driver.

SOS 2 years, 4 months ago

I have an older car and pickup that are paid for, cheap to own, and indestructable in parking lots. Door dings make me laugh. When ever I want to take a trip I rent a car with unlimited miles and bring it back dirty. I try out a different car every time.

autie 2 years, 4 months ago

I think me and spacehog might start renting scooters and base out of the parking lot somewhere around ..oh, Ninth and Iowa. That way, when the PoPo's show we can put on our long hair wigs and go hide out in the organic store. We could be sitting on top of a gold mine.

BABBOY 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, if you go anywhere, yeah you are going to rent a car.

I thought this was stupid questions but it would appear a lot of people have not rented a car.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 4 months ago

OTOH, I can see this as a unique shuttle service to and from the airport.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 4 months ago

Of course. I have rented a lot of things, (did you know that with the advent of smart phone card readers, those chicks are taking credit cards?) but I have never rented as in a carsharing type of service, though it is very popular in Europe and catching on in larger metropolitan areas and college campuses, and in fact, Steve Case, the former CEO of AOL (you've got mail),(the internet service / portal, not the movie) took ZipCar heavily invested in, expanded by merging with FlexCar, and then took ZipCar public, but a car by the hour?, no, alot of other things by the hour, but never a car.

Rae Hudspeth 2 years, 4 months ago

In my younger and no car or beater car days, renting one for a road trip was the way to go. I can't count how many I've rented, not including the one provided after an accident. Renting a vehicle hourly doesn't sound very cost-effective for either the consumer or the provider.

Gandalf 2 years, 4 months ago

Only during paid company travel. There may be some reason to rent by the hour, but it escapes me.

BTW I thought of a new OTS question while rereading some of the old ones.

Should pepper spray be used on occupiers of the governors office?

Maybe that would run some of the carpet baggers off!

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

Yes, on several occasions. Vacation destinations, once after a traffic accident (wife's) while her car was in the shop and even motor bikes back in the '60's a couple of times. Oh, and then there was the tranny incident . . . but no need to go through that again . . .

Ron Holzwarth 2 years, 4 months ago

Oh yes, I sure did! In 1988 or so I went to southern California for only a weekend, and rented a brand new Chevrolet Beretta, unlimited miles!

And wow, did I ever drive all over the place, hitting all the old spots in and around Los Angeles and San Diego just about nonstop. I was only in California for a weekend, and when I picked up the car it had less than 12,000 miles. When I dropped it off two or three days later, it had over 13,000 miles on it.

I forget the exact miles on the odometer, I only remember the result of calculating how fast I had driven the car on average the whole time I had it. The result: I drove it 11.9 miles per hour 24/7 the whole time I had it.

Alamo surely lost money on that deal!

Brent Cagle 2 years, 4 months ago

I think at least one of those four people are confusing "renting" with "leasing".

Loki 2 years, 4 months ago

They should start renting ladies of the night ;)

autie 2 years, 4 months ago

I rented a jet ski once. Does that count?