Previous   Next

Do you use a Mac or PC and why?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 30, 2011

Browse the archives

“A PC. That was what I grew up with, and I haven’t ever had an opportunity to purchase a Mac to compare.”

“I have a Dell, so PC.”

PC because I can’t afford a Mac.”

PC. I like the interface better.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Kyle and Lauren are both showing symptoms of CTS (Chronic Texting Syndrome). It may be too late, but get rid of your cell phones! Get a land line while you still can and you may recover! (Most people I suggest this to also suffer from ECDS (Extended Center Digit Syndrome) and display the symptoms upon my suggestion.)

Scott Morgan 3 years, 3 months ago

I looked at a Mac in 1987 and was visited by Bill Gates and his men. They hurt me bad. So, I use a PC.

Bill Lee 3 years, 3 months ago

For many years there was more software made for PCs, so that's what I went with, and I've not seen a reason to change.

Dan Thalmann 3 years, 3 months ago

Mac. If they weren't so expensive, Mac market share would swap positions with PCs. They are far superior in every way.

Richard Heckler 3 years, 3 months ago

Apple should have a downtown location. I grew up with a MAC.

SONY should also have a store downtown.

Function Junction should have a store downtown.

Now that is diversity.

lunacydetector 3 years, 3 months ago

function junction did have a store briefly downtown.....i think

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

My friend, Gus, posted on his Mac yesterday that he read the green edition of the LJW. He didn't understand why they placed the OpEd page next to the Comics page. He said it was difficult telling them apart. Ol' Gus gettin' up there in age, though. He prolly thinks Garfield belongs on the OpEd - as President.

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

I'll go with coke just because nobody says 'gimme a rum & pepsi' in the movies.

verity 3 years, 3 months ago

Not much difference anymore, except that MAC seems to be more resistant to viruses for a number of reasons. Most files can be opened on either if you have the right program.

classclown 3 years, 3 months ago

Cant_have_it_both_ways (anonymous) says…

Both. Getting my new MacBook Pro this week.

=====================================

Anybody else notice the irony?

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

Both. -and I like it that way. The MacBook Pro is cool.

Kendra Stevenson 3 years, 3 months ago

My personal computer is a Mac and I absolutely LOVE it! Have never had a single problem with it since I got it. I have a PC at work and it does what it needs to. Some programs are not compatable with Macs still.

FlintlockRifle 3 years, 3 months ago

G/ROCK, I'm with you, BK over Mac anytime

BradLevy 3 years, 3 months ago

Yes, I use a Mac or PC, because my abacus doesn't have much memory and isn't any good for photo editing.

beatrice 3 years, 3 months ago

I've never used a computer. It has always been a respectful relationship beneficial to both parties.

However, I do know how to work a digital camera on a basic level. There is a setting that allows for a flash. I highly recommend it.

pure_republication 3 years, 3 months ago

I came of age using a slide rule, then a word processor, then a PC now I am a Mac user because my whole family uses mac's. duh. So much more resistant to viruses or bugs. User friendly!

Citizen77 3 years, 3 months ago

Macs are for people who don't know how to use computers. Unfortunately, most of them buy PCs anyway.

Hudson Luce 3 years, 3 months ago

I've used Macs since 1989. Before that, a VAX 11/780 at the University of Florida, before that, a VAX 11/750 at Emory University in Atlanta. Got my first ARPANET account in 1982 at Emory, although I did have a time-sharing account with the Academic Computer Center at KU dating back to 1978. I think I know how to use a computer, used to hack GCOS assembly code on the Honeywell.

lunacydetector 3 years, 3 months ago

once you go Mac you never go back.....or so i am told.

majorfunding 3 years, 3 months ago

My first PC was in 1982, and i continued a string of them until this date and i foresee replacing that PC in a couple years. About 6 years ago, my daughter gave me a Macbook. I use it from the comfort of my couch and such. That first macbook was replaced by three Macbook pros. All but my current one met their fate when they tried to cease drawing sustenance from the grid, but they all thought they could run on caffeine. I hope they have learned their lessons.

BTW i enjoy the fact that the Macs are free from virus and assorted malware. The PCs are much less fortunate.

waka3 3 years, 3 months ago

dude i wish that the lieberry would get macs bouth the hambergers and the computers

waka3 3 years, 3 months ago