Previous   Next

What did you think of the Dear Lawrence project exhibition?

Asked at Asked at the Lawrence Journal-World News Center, 645 N.H. on August 27, 2011

Browse the archives

“It’s neat to see the history, and to see the paper’s building itself. ”

“It was lots of fun with lots of memories. We were here when the campanile was constructed. ”

“It was great to see the old pictures. ”

“I first came to Lawrence in the 50s, so it’s spectacular. ”

Comments

RugerLCP 3 years, 3 months ago

Stupid OTS question, delete this if you want...

Mary Darst 3 years, 3 months ago

Now that was pretty awesome. (although I think I will save my money)

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Dear Lawrence Project: Exhibition?

?

?

Okay, I admit I musta missed it. Probably been around to have lived through most of it . . . but whatever.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

I did write a letter to 'Dear Abbey' one time. She accused me of being a group from Harvard making up stuff to see if 'we' could get a response in the paper. I swore this kinda stuff you can't make up, and I didn't even know Hollis then. Or spacehog. Hell, I didn't even have a computer back then!

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Duh . . okay, THAT project.

Density. It runs in the family . . .

irunsowhat 3 years, 3 months ago

"But really you guys, for all the buildup this project has received here, only one night run for three hours? Come on. It was packed. Give everyone a chance to see them. Why not put them up somewhere for a while?"

Ditto. As much as LJWorld hyped this event, I feel like there should be a display somewhere that will last for more than an evening.

I'm sure these comments won't change anything, but it would be nice if they actually did something. Though, overall it was a great event. Nice work, LJWorld.

Jonathan Kealing 3 years, 3 months ago

We were overwhelmed and amazed with the positive turnout. We expected a crowd but not nearly the crowd we got. As evidenced by how many times we had to reprint the guides. We're checking with the Watkins museum and the Library to see if they'd be willing to play host to the exhibit this winter for an extended period of time.

We'll let you know when we have an answer!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

I was having to deal with a disturbance in the lemur compound and missed the exhibition.

Mary Darst 3 years, 3 months ago

Not me, I'm not dense. I READ ABOUT IT ALONG TIME AGO. That's cause I read this here newspaper.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

Many thanks a good deal for would adore to see you create additional on this theme.

tomatogrower 3 years, 3 months ago

Why not make copies of the presentation and sell them to raise money for a local charity? I would have bought a copy. It was a great exhibit, if not a little crowded.

kernal 3 years, 3 months ago

Tried to see the exhibit last night, but the line wasn't moving, there seemed to be confusion about where the line started, which direction it was going and some people inside couldn't get to the door to leave. After observing all that for a few minutes, I left. Hope to see it somewhere else in town.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Yup. I wuz hopin' for nitrous oxide. Instead I gots a kick in the back pockets

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Density. It's what the future holds for me . . .

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

Enough with the snoodling. Still trying to purge the image from when it was mentioned a few OTSes ago and I'm running low on eye bleach. It's in the UDD iphone app, autie. Shirley one of the cuzins haz gots one.

H_Lecter 3 years, 3 months ago

Sometimes it's necessary to cut off a bad branch to save the tree.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

Damn . . .

Damn, damn . . .

Y'all gots me to google 'snoodling'.

Now that there is gonna be etched into my brain an' no tellin' how long or how much clorox it will take to make it go away . . . .