Previous   Next

What magazine do you most enjoy reading?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on August 24, 2011

Browse the archives

“National Geographic.”

“I read a lot of Bon Appetit.”

“Probably Sports Illustrated.”

“Mad Magazine.”

Comments

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 3 months ago

I'm not sure, I have many favorites. But the names of all of them end with .com

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

Gray's Sporting Journal and High Country News.

Bill Lee 3 years, 3 months ago

Goldmine, Carving Illustrated and Family Tree.

Nikki May 3 years, 3 months ago

Hey, I like sports, always have. Sorry if it offends you. My husband warned me to expect comments, which I knew since I check these enough. Thanks for not disappointing.

Julie Craig 3 years, 3 months ago

I agree Nikki. I always pick SI up in the waiting room of the doctors office. It is full of well written articles and amazing pictures. Love sports!!

Nikki May 3 years, 3 months ago

Yeah. No big deal. People just have stereotypes in their heads.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

"autie (anonymous) says… I do not understand. I thought magazines were to be inserted into the weapon, most usually from the underneath."

True enough. I enjoy reading "Colt Industries" on the bottom plate. I have several hundred copies.

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

"Roadkill Magazine" was a magazine from South Africa devoted mostly to railroad graffiti artists and their works

Ron Holzwarth 3 years, 3 months ago

Were there any recipes for 'Roadkill Stew' in it?

RoeDapple 3 years, 3 months ago

"Left Handed Magazine" is also out of print.

david_ 3 years, 3 months ago

Come on ljworld would you publish comments like this if one of the people you asked on the street responded with smut like this? No you would not, so why do you allow it from these anonymous losers. They think it is funny but all they are doing is making your paper look like a joke.

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

Used to love the Reader's Digest. It pays to increase your word power, you know. You can also bend the pages & break the spine to form a little Christmas tree. Spray paint it, throw some glitter on there - best 3rd grade art project ever. except maybe for the paper mache moraccas.

The video version of Frankfurter Weekly had this to say about the never ending condiment debate:

rockchalker52 3 years, 3 months ago

Esquire - mine Garden Design -ours Johnny's Seed catalogs - mine Prevention - hers BH&G - hers Kansas Magazine - ours

about the Esquire - read it at the barbershop a few years back, had a really great article so I sent in the card & started taking it. They are so ridiculous. Features lotsa Interesting people, but the mag is pretty much full of itself. They do this automatic renewal roll-over thing. Very sneaky. missed opting out the last two years.

gphawk89 3 years, 3 months ago

Is it just me, or are magazine subscription renewal letters becoming more and more ridiculous? Earlier this year I paid for a 2-year renewal on a magazine that still had almost two years left on it. About three months later, my wife did the same thing - same magazine. So this subscription is good through something like July of 2017, and I just received another "Your subscription is running out! Renew Now! Last chance!" letter from them last week.

But to answer the question, my favorites have changed over the years. Notable favorites: Hit Parader, Sports Illustrated, Cycle World, Car Craft, and Stereo Review.

gphawk89 3 years, 3 months ago

Currently: Me, at home: Sound and Vision Me, at work: National Defense Wife, at home: Mad Wife, at work: Journal of Clinical Psychiatry The Kid: My Big Backyard

Mary Darst 3 years, 3 months ago

Seriously, autie, you are making me sound like an idiot. I read EVERY word in Mother Jones and Almost everything in the Smithsonian. Going to get in line tomorrow morning at 7 bells. And, the party begins. Yea!!!!!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

Taxidermy Trends and Professional Cheesemaker

crittersister 3 years, 3 months ago

Utne Reader. They have great book and music reviews. Their last issue had an article about all the birth defected children in Iraq and Afganistan which caused heated debate in my pro-war family.

zikzak 3 years, 3 months ago

Omni - Still have as many as I can get my hands on :)

gphawk89 3 years, 3 months ago

I used to buy an issue of SOF occasionally when I was younger. One had a pretty graphic picture of someone who had been beheaded - Mom saw it - no more Soldier of Fortune for me.

Jay Keffer 3 years, 3 months ago

Grit.

And Wired - best periodical out there today.

bolshavik_vw 3 years, 3 months ago