Previous   Next

What movie do you wish they would either remake or create a sequel to?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 17, 2011

Browse the archives

“Jumanji. At the end they just kind of left the little thing at the side of the beach.”

“The Sting.”

“I want them to remake Gremlins. The first one came out in the 80s and it’s really horribly done since it’s the 80s. So I want a new version. A sweet version with all the cool stuff we have now.”

“Lawrence of Arabia.”

Comments

TopJayhawk 4 years ago

Stop doing remakes. They are never as good. Can't you just see some guy (Not Steve McQueen) flying over those San Fran hills in his Yugo? They don't make 'em like Steve McQueen anymore, and they don't make cars like the ol' '68 fastback Mustang anymore. Just let it be.

Randall Barnes 4 years ago

walk the line.that was an awesome movie.

auntiesocial 4 years ago

The Last Picture Show had a sequel, also written my Larry McMurtry and also directed by Peter Bogdanovich. It's called Texasville.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

"Rocky 15" "When I was in junior high school, the teachers voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair." - Sylvester Stallone

"Kindergarten Cop 2" "I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Mad Max 8" "If I've still got my pants on in the second scene, I think they've sent me the wrong script." - Mel Gibson

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

Dear Hollywood, stop remaking movies and doing pointless sequels. Either find some writers with new material or just find another line of work.

canyon_wren 4 years ago

Amen to that! Most of the remakes are inferior to the original and it certainly does seem like Hollywood has lost its ability to come up with something new of quality. Wish they could emulate some of the BBC productions--the acting in those is far superior to what comes out of Hollywood today, and is comparable to that of some of our great stars of the past. However, I must admit, after watching some older movies, that the good NEW movies that Hollywood produces now are often an improvement over the old ones, with regard to plot, dialogue and authenticity of setting, etc., --but those good ones are few and far between.

canyon_wren 4 years ago

Well, I appreciate that information. I had avoided seeing it because I really like the original so much. I agree that Kim Darby did not do exactly the world's best acting in that and neither did Glenn Campbell, though I like him, and always enjoy John Wayne, whether his roles are "corny" or not! I'm not a big fan of Jeff Bridges; I think he overplays his roles somewhat, but will give the new "True Grit" a try.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

I'll agree that the remake of True Grit was a helluva good movie.

bevy 4 years ago

Snap - amen and HALLELUJAH! I realize there's nothing new under the sun, but Geez. Can't they at least find some new twists for the old tales?

ljwhirled 4 years ago

Chuck Norris doesn't need to visit. Chuck Norris can destroy him with thought alone.

rockchalker52 4 years ago

"Dune" The original with Kyle McHousewife was marginal at best. Baron Harkonnen was too over the top. The special effects were pretty cheesy as well. Sting was good, though. Ol' Gordon would have kicked Kyle's backside in that last fight scene had the script not dictated otherwise.

Alceste 4 years ago

The Day After.

Bring the cameras and just roll 'em around town. It'll really show what a nuclear blast did and does to a town.....

TopJayhawk 4 years ago

and if you had been at KU a few yrs earlier, you could have been an extra in a Linda Lovelace movie. Now that would have been classy..

bevy 4 years ago

Hollis, if you haven't heard Weird Al's new song about Charles Nelson Reilly yet, you must YouTube it. A warning - wear some waterproof pants. My daughter got the CD and couldn't understand why I was laughing my ahem socks off. But who can encapsulate the greatness that was CNR?

ljwhirled 4 years ago

Starring Natalie Portman as Dory and James Franco as Marlin.

ljwhirled 4 years ago

Only this time with a happy ending.

K_Verses_The_World 4 years ago

That was really Bob Dylan playing Cate Blanchett playing Bob Dylan. He did a mean Galadriel as well.

jonas_opines 4 years ago

They should do "The Unusual Suspects" starring that dog from Frasier as McMannis, Steve Carrell as Hockney, Darth Vader as Keaton, Ozzy Osborne as Fenster, and a lunatic CGI giraffe as Keyser Soze. I'd pay to see that.

Henry_the_liberal 4 years ago

I would like to see either a sequel or a remake of "Deathbed: The Bed That Eats People". Classic.

Jim Williamson 4 years ago

In Cold Blood, and do it by the book. The point of the book isn't the murders, but rather the two killers being on the run, caught and hanged.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

There is one set of remakes that I'd like to see. I wish that somebody would buy the rights to the James Bond novels and remake them as period pieces set in the '50s and '60s and actually follow the plots of the books.

MarcoPogo 4 years ago

If things stay the way they've been, that could actually happen since MGM is broke and owns the rights to the franchise. (Hell, there has already been a remake of "Thunderball".)

bevy 4 years ago

I would like to see someone make a version of Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang (also by Ian Fleming) that follows the plot! It's a great spy/adventure novel for kids.

TopJayhawk 4 years ago

That would be cool. Or how about Tom Clancy. Take all the Jack Ryan books, put them into chronological order and do a long mini series out of them.

They don't translate well to the two hour movie format.

Marty_McFly 4 years ago

Back to the Future...what else....

LadyJ 4 years ago

I wish when they make a 3-D, they would make a regular version to show maybe once or twice a week. The admission fee is higher for 3-D and some people cannot see the 3-D effects due to vision problems. Yeah, I know, it's impractical, that's why it's only a wish.

Royals 4 years ago

Either "Major League" or "Rookie of the Year" but use the Royals instead of the Cubs & Indians. The Royals have been down so long now that they deserve to be depicted in a movie.

meggers 4 years ago

That might be tough to pull off, since Thelma and Louise died in the first one. Stranger things have happened in the world of sequels, though.

Sort of in a similar genre, I'd like to see a sequel to Fried Green Tomatoes.

MarcoPogo 4 years ago

Did you see them land? I don't think so. Fair game.

bevy 4 years ago

Thelma and Louise - The Zombie Undead!

he_who_knows_all 4 years ago

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, Part II

estespark 4 years ago

Get off my lawn......you don't love me anymore, Armand!

Tony Kisner 4 years ago

Road House. I am not sure if it was the excellent script or just the fine acting but what a movie.

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

KU_Dude 4 years ago

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

Kim Murphree 4 years ago

Serenity...great sci fi movie...wonderful writing...the language was original...the real western meets outer space.

Russell Fryberger 4 years ago

They should remake anything with Will Ferrell in it. All his movies sucked because he can't be funny. There was some good ideas there except the part where Will Ferrell was hired.

ljwhirled 4 years ago

I don't like much of his work personally, but some people do. It is a matter of taste.

That said, he's done some pretty funny stuff. Here is an interesting short: http://tinyurl.com/6csaod

RoeDapple 4 years ago

How 'bout a remaek of "the grate couch on escort caper" starring sank4ever as herself cept yuo peeple dont know nuthing bout her fambly and her man is a good daddy an i dun tauked to the lwj an you is gunna get disapearededed but thats all im gunna say boutit

Flap Doodle 4 years ago

HWMNBN Rides Again! Now with more drainage and astroturf!

Mike Hatch 4 years ago

Pink Flamingos.

I want to know what happened to them after they moved to Boise, ID.

Eugehne Normandin 4 years ago

The video of my first wedding and I am not in it

Phone_Man 4 years ago

Show girls, starring Anastasia Beaverhausen.