Previous   Next

Where do you get your news?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 14, 2011

Browse the archives

“I would not be without a newspaper.”

“Just the New York Times online.”

“The internet.”

MSN, Yahoo, Google and Reddit.”

Comments

chootspa 3 years, 4 months ago

No, dudes. It's a David Bowie reference, you young 'un.

All the young dudes Carry the news Boogaloo dudes Carry the news

labmonkey 3 years, 4 months ago

Gabriel lies... he gets all his news from Whispy Mustache Weekly, print and online edition.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

Anything worth knowing I can get from HollisBrown. Eventually.

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

Cable TV, newspapers and online sites...in that order.

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

The walls in public bathrooms and fliers on telephone poles.

classclown 3 years, 4 months ago

tange (anonymous) says…

When I'm seeking news of the left, I sit beneath my trees and note the discrepant patterns of the eight-threes bird. When I want to catch up on the right, I (re)visit the birdcage conservatory archives.

==========================================

Let's see if I am understanding this correctly.

When you want the right's news, you look to the bottom of the birdcage. When you want the left's news, you sit under a tree and in essence, be the bottom of the bird cage.

So in essence the news is pretty much the same regardless of which side it comes from. And each side has plenty of news and is full of it. The only difference is where it lands. Is that what you are trying to convey?

Liberty275 3 years, 4 months ago

I browse "democrat underground" and "free republic" to see what the loons are complaining about loudest, then I go to RCP and read whatever looks interesting.

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

I never get my news from a small mammal with a bushy tail. They are rarely accurate and highly opinionated. That is why the English would hunt them -- an attempt to squash faux news.

I prefer to rely on the unopinionated Jon Stewart.

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

Jon Stewart is an equal opportunity jokester. He is as willing to point at the foibles of the right just as quickly as he is of the far right.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

Just got straightened out on that by the Mrs!

;-)

verity 3 years, 4 months ago

Beatrice is Mrs RoeDapple?

I would never have guessed.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

Heavens no, but the real Mrs Roe saw my comment and, . . well . . .caint talk boutit

rockchalker52 3 years, 4 months ago

pretty sure you get 'em to 160 degrees in the middle, you good to go.

H_Lecter 3 years, 4 months ago

Concur.
They're meatier than their human counterparts. I have to say that going electric w/the time & temp (set it & forget it) was one of the best directions I've taken w/smoking. Usually throw in a loin w/the boneless ribs. Add wood, turn them, & re-coat after 1.5-2 hrs. Sometimes drain the drippings just a bit.

lunacydetector 3 years, 4 months ago

i read the drudgereport.com since the other major news organizations use it loosely for their outline of the daily news, though the major news organizations come out with drudge headlines a couple of hours later.

it all goes back to the monica lewinsky affair and drudge always is on top of the latest headlines except during the weekend. he also doesn't spout the latest democratic party george soros talking points verbatim like the other major news organizations, which also gives him much more credibility. he doesn't follow in line with the joseph goebbel's way of reporting like the major news organizations do with the democratic party george soros propaganda machine. i only say that since the major editors of the mainstream are on soros' payroll as advisors to his various liberal media think tanks.

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

joseph goebbels = a godwin for you!

Yes, it is only the Democrats that use talking points for propaganda. I sure hope the Republicans don't catch on.

lunacydetector 3 years, 4 months ago

it's easier for democrats to spread their message. the truth called a godwin. that's funny. good deflection, not

beatrice 3 years, 4 months ago

No, you were give a Godwin flag for using Joseph Goebels to describe anything or anyone other than Joseph Goebels. Your partisan belief that talking points is practice primarily (or only?) by one side is clearly transparent.

Oh, and I see your George Soros and raise you a Rupert Murdoch.

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

From the neighborhood teenagers because they say grownups don't know anything about the world today and are totally clueless.

kernal 3 years, 4 months ago

local news: www.ljworld.com www.cjonline.com

national news: www.washingtonpost.com www.huffingtonpost.com Christian Science Monitor Newsweek

International news: same as above

I'd sooner read it for myself instead of watching those desk jockies read the news from their teleprompters. I go into the zone after about five minutes of that.

Kontum1972 3 years, 4 months ago

from Joan Walsh...."hee hee" shes' my Buddy....wooohooooooo...!