Previous   Next

What is your favorite form of art?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 8, 2011

Browse the archives

“Vocal. Choral vocals.”

“Graffiti. If someone does it right it’s one of the greatest forms of art I think.”

“I’d have to say photography.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 1 month ago

DIST, you meanie!

Uhm, to answer, I like my local friends Jim Brothers and Stan Herd.
Stan is a cheapskate though. Next Freestater is definitely on him. Sometime. Maybe.

riverdrifter 3 years, 1 month ago

Oh, form. Sorry. Eh, bronze & dirt.

And other. Nevermind. I like Iowa art. Right.

Jlumetta 3 years ago

It is ok if you do not get or understand all art that you see, but to call me out like that is bull sh!t! "Endless Toilets" was a dedication to Isamu Noguchi "Endless Coupling" and other pieces of sculptures that he played with flipping objects to make totems. Do a little research or ask the artist before making an ass out of yourself.

beatrice 3 years, 1 month ago

American scene paintings of the 1930s.

TopJayhawk 3 years, 1 month ago

Anything to do with black velvet. Elvis, the Duke, it just don't get better than that.

Also really like the Dogs playing poker.

TopJayhawk 3 years, 1 month ago

Gotta agree with Megan.

I used to do a lot of singing in our Colleges' Choral. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it. Especially things like Randall Thompsons' Hallelujah. And stuff like that.

Bill Lee 3 years, 1 month ago

Music is my favorite. Throughout my life rock and roll has sustained me.

homechanger 3 years, 1 month ago

My favorite art is state funded art. Without state funding art cannot exist. Right?

kernal 3 years, 1 month ago

You don't think much of artists, do you?

Cait McKnelly 3 years, 1 month ago

I like music of all types. I'm very eclectic where that's concerned. I love Aeolian wind harps. The harps themselves are works of art and the music they create is breath taking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qESQa8...

Katara 3 years, 1 month ago

I am thinking something more along the lines of below with Brownback. http://www.faithmouse.com/Sarah_Palin_pancake_art_poster.html

somedude20 3 years, 1 month ago

Heck the ability to sculpt Trump's hair is an impressive form of art as is the amount of face paint and bondo it takes Bachmann to "put her face on" but I think the best form of art is rollin the perfect joint. Not too much slobber and not to tight or loose, not too thin and to not have a runner. Shout joint art!

pace 3 years, 1 month ago

I like a well painted cat.

bolshavik_vw 3 years, 1 month ago

I am an artist, so picking just one type of art can be tough. Although I am fascinated with Graffiti. If it is done correctly with several colors,and detail. I have to say my second choice is Photography, especially Black and White or Sepia. I do a lot of Psychadelic Art, and Colleges, so anything out of the ordinary and totally off the wall would my third choice.

trinity 3 years, 1 month ago

psychadelic institutes of higher learning? or psychadelic collAges?

beatrice 3 years, 1 month ago

Did you know that Cassius Coolidge's paintings of dogs playing poker, painted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, have sold for as much as $600,000 at auction? http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/6976660/ns/today-entertainment/t/dogs-playing-poker-paintings-fetch/

And people thought me crazy for mortgaging the house for my cats playing parcheesi paintings.

rockchalker52 3 years, 1 month ago

don't forget Fleming

I'll take 'Former Jeopardy! hosts with actual charisma' for $200, Alex.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 1 month ago

My favorite form of art is writing. Growing up I always wanted to be a famous poet. Now I can hardly find the time to write in my kid's baby journals. I miss having that time to just sit with pen and paper and get carried away by a thought. It is like a form of meditation to me.

Also I'm not sure how artistic others will believe it to be but I use baking and cake decorating as my artistic medium. Even something so simple as a pie when done exactly how you want it to be can be one of the most beautiful things ever. I'm also learning there is truly a beauty to canning veggies. Anyone else see the artistic values in these things or do I just need to get out more? I'm sure the latter is true!