Previous   Next

What’s one item you wouldn’t want to go to class without?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 6, 2011

Browse the archives

“Cellphone.”

“Food.”

“My laptop.”

“My backpack … no, my phone.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

The last class I attended I was told to bring a handgun. Thirty-three other students and I fired a total of 1700 rounds of ammo while at "school" that day. No one was hurt, arrested or fined, and all 34 of us "graduated".

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

I finally resorted to putting a cafeteria tray in the fridge for hubby to put raw meat packages on to contain the mess and keep the blood from running down the back of the fridge.

H_Lecter 3 years, 4 months ago

Yes, I hate that when the blood runs down the back of the fridge...and the back of my neck.

H_Lecter 3 years, 4 months ago

Great idea for improving a slow party...or locating that lost gerbil.

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

Do parent/teacher conferences count? I always took the kid with me so they were right there if the teacher said there was a problem, usually wasn't though. It was nice for them to hear positive remarks from the teacher too, especially in secondary school. A couple of times the child was able to point out where the teacher had made a grade recording mistake which affected their overall grade.

Scott Morgan 3 years, 4 months ago

Back in my day we took a sharpened stick. some ashes, and birch bark to class, and we liked it. No fancy dancy machines for us no way sonny boy. Machines were for panzies.

Yeah, we stood for hours in the heat and cold and never lost our concentration, and we liked it.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 4 months ago

Wore a slide rule in a holster on my left hip all through HS and my first year at CSULA. Replaced the slide rule with an HP calculator in my Sophomore year. ... where's my HP tablet?

Gene Wallace 3 years, 4 months ago

And the Log tables book in my shirt pocket.

rockchalker52 3 years, 4 months ago

I took a good pair of hiking boots because it was uphill both ways.

FieldTested 3 years, 4 months ago

IIRC - Heart was pulled off the bill at the last minute because Stevie Nicks didn't want the "babe" competition from the Wilson sisters. And then FM played a wretched show.