Previous   Next

How do you beat the heat?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Normally I’d just stay inside, in front of the air conditioner. ”

“Pool.”

“Staying inside.”

“I carry a water bottle with me.”

Comments

consumer1 2 years, 8 months ago

I go out and shovel the pretend snow off my sidewalk so i don't get a pretend ticket from the pretend city.

consumer1 2 years, 8 months ago

at least it ain't snowing! yet.

LadyJ 2 years, 8 months ago

Years ago I remember driving through a trailer court here in town and seeing a mobile home with one of those sprinkle water hoses (with holes punched in it) stretched lengthwise across the top with the water coming out of it. I believe water was included in the lot rent so cooling the outside of the trailer was probably better than running the AC.

JerryStubbs 2 years, 8 months ago

run the garden hose on the air conditioner for a few minutes then run inside and stand in the cool breeze.

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 8 months ago

Ya'll catch that JK 'n' Crew are experimenting with some buttons for you to push over on Wellcommons? I suspect if ya'll play nice over there, he might give you some here too.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

. . . If ya need me I'll be out sunnin' myself . . .

prospector 2 years, 8 months ago

It just hit 111 °F!!!

The heat index says it only feels like 110 °F.

Kontum1972 2 years, 8 months ago

oh yeah...casey blackburn...your even hotter.....whew!

Kontum1972 2 years, 8 months ago

i throw old crayolas on people's sidewalks

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

Bless whomever invented the summer kitchen.

I would hate to be blanching this corn, squash, and zucchini inside today.

g_rock 2 years, 8 months ago

I wish I could stick my brains in the freezer for a while....melt

Multidisciplinary 2 years, 8 months ago

How do you beat the heat? First, I observe who is packing the heat. I find a fire hose will disarm most situations.

H_Lecter 2 years, 8 months ago

curl up next to something cold.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

109 °F.
Remember to check on your friends, neighbors, and acquaintances as you have in the past and will continue to do in the future. Be generous to those who are in need or less favored than you. Arrange things every day so that you do at least one good deed for someone else. Whatever your good deed, do not boast; instead, thank the God of your Heart for enabling you to contribute to the well-being of others

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

I would have to go with senile. I had that in my brain this morning but could'nt remember where it came from...until the prompt. I forgot about Vanessa...and the assembly thing? Sorry Vanessa.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

"Maybe it is this desert heat that is enveloping us, but are you calling autie a perv or just senile?"

Oh, my.

CWGOKU 2 years, 8 months ago

I just put on some Muddy Waters to listen to and have a cold one

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

"I know you have a hard getting Vanessa's name right" - T_O_B

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

"autie, The less you do the better. "

Less dickering, indeed. Bob Schum has it all wrong this time of year.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

"Now I heard a fellow say just yesterday, "it may be hot out but by god I don't have to shovel it off of my sidewalk"."

I know you have a hard getting Vanessa's name right, but you can at least get the gender.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

R_I, I would have nothing to do with those Faux Kansans from Topeka. But I did hear his wife looked pretty sharp at the pool.

somedude20 2 years, 8 months ago

By watching a Gwyneth Paltrow movie. Her personality and acting abilities will chill down any hot day and leave you frozen with fear!

Gandalf 2 years, 8 months ago

No way to beat the heat. The best anyone can do is temporarily evade it.

CWGOKU 2 years, 8 months ago

If you can't beat it, join it. I like Summer. I admit, I complain all Winter long, don't care much for Winter.

prospector 2 years, 8 months ago

A cold glass for the beer at the Free State does the trick.

BABBOY 2 years, 8 months ago

I like to play golf in the heat. Have the course to myself and drop about 5 pounds of blubber water fat.....

Not today however.....

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

"And listen to the Argentine complain about your complaining."

I'm surprised you haven't called Kobach yet and request that he ask for a green card of the gaucho.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 8 months ago

You'll lose everytime trying to beat the heat. Just embrace and practice up on remembering how to bitch when it is -10 out like it was six months ago today.

jonas_opines 2 years, 8 months ago

Just sit around and wait until Lebron goes cold in the fourth quarter. Seems to work just fine.

autie 2 years, 8 months ago

The weather is like conservatism in Kansas...just learn to live with it. And listen to the Argentine complain about your complaining.

Bill Lee 2 years, 8 months ago

AC...at home, the library and retail outlets. Movie theaters also offer food and entertainment.

RoeDapple 2 years, 8 months ago

I roll in it happily like an old boar hog, kicking up a cloud of dust and flies. All I have to do is think about minus 20 degree temperatures, bundled up in four or five layers of clothing and still having the cold bite at my face, hands and toes to make this feel like a treat!

milkman_dan 2 years, 8 months ago

A refreshing ice-cold colonic..

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 8 months ago

Same way as everyone else. Whine,bitch and blame Brownback. In about 1-1/2 weeks our bullying will have worn the heat down and beat it into submission.

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 8 months ago

Sit in my lazy boy nekked with bags of frozen peas under my armpits. - That's just for fun. To really beat the heat I got one of those Slush Puppy machines and I fill the tub with it. Tasty bath yum. But seriously I don't have anything to beat the heat except one of those little hand held fans and some hot beer.