Previous   Next

How do you beat the heat?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on August 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Normally I’d just stay inside, in front of the air conditioner. ”

“Pool.”

“Staying inside.”

“I carry a water bottle with me.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 4 months ago

Sit in my lazy boy nekked with bags of frozen peas under my armpits. - That's just for fun. To really beat the heat I got one of those Slush Puppy machines and I fill the tub with it. Tasty bath yum. But seriously I don't have anything to beat the heat except one of those little hand held fans and some hot beer.

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

I roll in it happily like an old boar hog, kicking up a cloud of dust and flies. All I have to do is think about minus 20 degree temperatures, bundled up in four or five layers of clothing and still having the cold bite at my face, hands and toes to make this feel like a treat!

Bill Lee 3 years, 4 months ago

AC...at home, the library and retail outlets. Movie theaters also offer food and entertainment.

jonas_opines 3 years, 4 months ago

Just sit around and wait until Lebron goes cold in the fourth quarter. Seems to work just fine.

somedude20 3 years, 4 months ago

By watching a Gwyneth Paltrow movie. Her personality and acting abilities will chill down any hot day and leave you frozen with fear!

rockchalker52 3 years, 4 months ago

oh my yes! beautiful sentiments. thank you, R_I

Kontum1972 3 years, 4 months ago

i throw old crayolas on people's sidewalks

Kontum1972 3 years, 4 months ago

oh yeah...casey blackburn...your even hotter.....whew!

RoeDapple 3 years, 4 months ago

. . . If ya need me I'll be out sunnin' myself . . .

JerryStubbs 3 years, 4 months ago

run the garden hose on the air conditioner for a few minutes then run inside and stand in the cool breeze.

LadyJ 3 years, 4 months ago

Years ago I remember driving through a trailer court here in town and seeing a mobile home with one of those sprinkle water hoses (with holes punched in it) stretched lengthwise across the top with the water coming out of it. I believe water was included in the lot rent so cooling the outside of the trailer was probably better than running the AC.