Previous   Next

What’s your favorite kind of ice cream?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on April 30, 2011

Browse the archives

“Blue Bell’s home churned ice cream. Just regular vanilla.”

“Death by Chocolate, but I can’t find it anywhere.”

“Peppermint.”

“I’m not an ice cream guy.”

Comments

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

Vanilla with caramel syrup. I like cheesecake ice cream, but they keep putting those graham cracker lumps in it. I like my ice cream smooth and creamy.

appleaday 3 years, 8 months ago

Sylas and Maddy's cheesecake ice cream doesn't have graham cracker lumps -- strawberry cheesecake is the best.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

I'm gonna suggest a flavor to Ben and Jerry. "Jamoca fudge Rum nut ripple" Heavy on the rum but light in the nuts. Call it "Kayaker's Delusion"

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Are these OTS questions on about a three month rotation? Seems we've done this one a time or two.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

My Grandma always made really good fruitcake. I tried to get her to make homemade ice cream with the candied fruits and English walnuts but it never happened. Anybody else think it sounds good?

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 8 months ago

Stan Wilson "I'm not an ice cream guy" (dies)

Kenny Nall 3 years, 8 months ago

Mint Chocolate Chip FTW! Though I've been wanting to try the Green Tea at S & M's.

grammaddy 3 years, 8 months ago

Fresh homemade Peach ice cream with fresh homegrown peaches from the tree in the backyard. My Mother craved it while pregnant with me and I've been eating it all my life.Actually, any flavor will do. Just don't try to give me sherbet. That stuff is not natural.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

I got excited when I saw they had a heading for On the Street and clicked on it but it seemed there isn't any entries. Guess they don't have much fun on that paper. Did find this blog and decided the guy was trying to just be funny (unless he is a cuzin) and none of the posters have a sense of humor. http://www.emporiagazette.com/weblogs/friday_thoughts/2008/aug/14/test_friday_thoughts/

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Buffalo_Breath sure has a familiar style. Seems everyone is ignoring him though

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Maybe they just don't have a bunch of guys like us to appreciate his humor. At least I hope he was trying to be humorous.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Any ice cream with three or more chocolate types in it is good by me! (chocolate, chip, swirl, syrup, mocha, fudge, dark, milk, cookie dough . . . ) Bring it! The right combo could bring out the best or worst in me.

Joe Hyde 3 years, 8 months ago

Blue Bunny's Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate. A bowl of this stuff is such a religious experience, you can skip church for six months.

Tony Kisner 3 years, 8 months ago

Having second thoughts about Stan there.

Free Ice Cream is best, Blue Bell on sale is second.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla with some Godiva liquor splashed on top.

trinity 3 years, 8 months ago

first, good ol' home made hand cranked vanilla ice cream...second, blue bunny bunny trax. mmmmmmm.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 8 months ago

Coffee flavored ice cream is my favorite. But surprise surprise, I'm more of a cupcake fan.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh yeah! Jamocha Almond Fudge from Baskin Robbins is nearly unbeatable!

Deja Coffin 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh that was so good! I miss Baskin Robbins. Is there one anywhere close? Starbucks has a great Mocha Chip kind but no almonds.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

There's a Baskin Robbins at 29th and California in Topeka!

kernal 3 years, 8 months ago

Homemade vanilla with fresh strawberries, when they're in season; when not in season, homemade hot fudge sauce is good.

scopi_guy 3 years, 7 months ago

The only bad ice cream I ever had was sometime in the late 70s. My dad brought home some egg nog ice cream (it must have been on sale or something). I was sick all night.

Aside from homemade (if I don't have to do the cranking), anything with chocolate/fudge/peanut butter, or all 3 together...all the better!

We used to make homemade ice cream with strawberries we grew. Pretty good stuff.

bad_dog 3 years, 7 months ago

The only bad ice cream I ever had? How about freezer burned chocolate ice cream?

OMG, nasty, yech, ach, gag, get that $h@ out of here, can't wash the taste out of your mouth quickly enough bad!

Fresh container of Rocky Road with a squirt-top jug of Hershey's syrup and perhaps some hot caramel. Check.

Big spoon/clean bowl. Check & check.

Whew, all is good once again...

Richard Heckler 3 years, 7 months ago

Alden's Organic Ice Cream = YUMO!

Then comes Sylas and Maddies...