Previous   Next

Are you planning to watch any of the royal wedding this week?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 28, 2011

Browse the archives

“No, I just don’t care. I don’t even know which one’s getting married.”

“No, I’d just be spending the time wondering why I’m watching.”

“No. The only part I want to see I can see at noon the next day and that’s the dress.”

“No, but my roommates are getting up early for it.”

Comments

Pitt_Mackeson 4 years, 3 months ago

Maybe if Kate has a "dress mishap" hehe. I'm dead sexy!

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

I've been instructed to record it so my sweet baboo can watch it at her leisure and not have to tolerate my live commentary as it unfolds. She's really thoughtful and considerate with me that way.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

Three melatonin will allow me to get a full night's sleep but now my eyes feel like they will erupt explosively from my head.

grammaddy 4 years, 3 months ago

Of course. We're making it an event. Serving scones crumpets and coffee. (tea won't keep me up at 4 a.m).I remember my oldest daughter watching when Lady Di married Prince Charles. It was like a live fairy tale for her. She wants to share that experience with her neices. This should be fun. Personally, I can't wait.

Henry_the_liberal 4 years, 3 months ago

Wow, a Beavis and Butthead reference. WTG, Hollis

MarcoPogo 4 years, 3 months ago

I think she meant that she wasn't sure which of the brothers was getting married.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

I watched Chuck marry Diana. Yeah, that turned out great didn't it.

K_Verses_The_World 4 years, 3 months ago

Wedding bells are ringing and the choir is beginning to sing What looks good in the day, at night is another thing

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

Jeez I got a medicine cabinet full of prescrips that either didn't help or make me feel worse! Some have expiration dates back to the '80's. Had no idea there was a market for them. If you want them Hollis you might need a truck.

somedude20 4 years, 3 months ago

NO! I just got the dvd of my colonoscopy and it has deleted scenes, a making of doc and commentary. I am going to cook some form of red meat, grab a few jugs (not breasts) from Free State and watch it. Anyone want to veiw it with me. Roger Ebert's computer said it was one of the best films of this year

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

I knew there had to be a good side to him . . .

jjt 4 years, 3 months ago

He probably will not be king until he is 70. She is quite a looker, try Googling Kate Middleton yellow Bikini and the guys will understand what I mean. The important thing about the wedding is that there will be no trouble, and no one gets hurt. The girl got her Prince good luck to them they will need it.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

Will this "commoner" be cast aside once she has produced offspring fit to rule? I miss Diana, she gave class to the royal snobbery.

sr80 4 years, 3 months ago

Leave the Mercedes at home and cruise in the Bentley !! It is a more CRASH worthy car !

beatrice 4 years, 3 months ago

Sobriety tests for drivers to avoid car-pole-tunnel syndrome.

beatrice 4 years, 3 months ago

So which team are the Royals merging with? Do they intend to stay in KC?

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

"Does Ford still make the Tragus?"

I had a Ford Tragus. Something in the seat . . . was always poking me in the seat!

After around 350,000 miles I traded it off. I miss that . . . car. sob

Richard Payton 4 years, 3 months ago

Benny Hill is going to watch with the band barenaked ladies as he sings Good God!

Flap Doodle 4 years, 3 months ago

The lemurs will be recreating this event at the next BuskerFest. Right now they're having a Scrabble tournament, the winner gets to be Kate.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

Well I DON"T have to work so you can all watch it here, as long as you keep the volume and cheering down so as not to wake the Queen. And don't make me watch it too. Will pancakes do? If regular sleepwear is acceptable, get ready for a gross-out. Those pancakes may not stay down.

RoeDapple 4 years, 3 months ago

In the meantime . . .

"it emerged that Kate Middleton will not promise to obey Prince William in her marriage vows."

Well good for her, a modern woman who does not accept the values of the royalty! I personally applaud her decision but see her kicked to the curb when child bearing is complete. Long Live The Queen!!

grandnanny 4 years, 3 months ago

I didn't watch any of the lead-up to the wedding but was awake this morning so watched for an hour. Then I went back to bed and haven't watched tv this morning. It was a nice wedding - dress was beautiful. Hats were a hoot - nice to see people dressed up for a wedding.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 3 months ago

I watched Kathy Griffin's recap of the royal wedding, does that count? Her insight on what took place really made the wedding very amusing!