Previous   Next

What would you consider royal pampering?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Mass. on April 25, 2011

Browse the archives

“A massage would be at the top of the list. And a catered meal at a hotel in an exotic place.”

“A day at the spa, sitting around in a robe. You don’t have to change the channel on the TV and you’re being fed grapes.”

“I really don’t know. I’m a full-time mom.”

Comments

riverdrifter 3 years, 7 months ago

Well, I, uh, well, you shoot a limit of pheasants, or canvasbacks, and then you do a hot tub with Christie Brinkley and... Oh, never mind.

More morels are to be found tomorrow. Today. Whatever. Out.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 7 months ago

hmmm....... not really sure. But there definitely HAS to be a camel. Grapes and everything are good, nudity preferred. But the camel is absolutely necessary. And a pack of Marlboro reds.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

How did I miss this morning? Musta been the pain killers ;-)

You truly are a royal princess Multi! So good to see you back on, even if it is just a little post here and there!

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

I thought the queen wore Depends . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Tell you what though, ever since my back surgery my S.O. has been taking good care of me. You know, bringing me meals, fluffing pillows, tying my shoes . . . really treating me like the master of my surroundings, the king of the household, "He Who Must Be Obeyed!" Trouble is, every time she does anything she walks away muttering "You owe me big for this, you're gonna PAY!" . . Couldn't she at least add "Your Majesty" when she says it?

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Think I'll get the air rifle out and pop pennies this afternoon. With the scope on it, I can stand a penny on top of a fence post at 20 yards and trim old Abe's beard for him. Would that be disrespectful? Guess I could turn it around and polish the marble on the Lincoln Memorial.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Egbert Roscoe Murrow would be celebrating his 113th birthday today. Born in 1908, he was a pioneer in broadcast journalism and was a key figure in bringing about the censure of Senator Joseph McCarthy. A truly royal member of broadcast journalism, long before they thought they deserved royal treatment.

(source wikipedia)

grammaddy 3 years, 7 months ago

Happy Birthday Mr. Murrow! RIP. Good night and good luck. We sure could use more like him now.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

First it would involve sleeping in, then not having to do anything for anybody or any cleaning. No phone calls or knocks at the door, and not having to go anywhere. Of course that will never happen but it would be nice for a couple of days.

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

Having Kate Middleton bring me breakfast in bed would be a nice place to start.

Kontum1972 3 years, 7 months ago

hmmm..lets see...mb a one night stand with Kate...

gee i hope she doesnt end up like Princess Di...

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

I've been known to feel a bit special after a few sips of Royal Crown. In fact, after a couple of shots of RC I can start to feel it. After about four shots anybody can feel it.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Worker bees secrete royal jelly from glands in their heads for consumption by only the queen bee. Although it causes her to put on weight, another side effect is she will live up to 40 times longer than other members of the hive.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Know what you mean about Cabela's. I got a Cabela's gift card for my birthday, hell, Cabela's might as well be in Pakistan as far as me getting there any time soon. The S.O. may be doing some subbing in the near future. Road trip.

wmathews 3 years, 7 months ago

Ahem... YOU should bring ME a tray of corndogs. Also include ketchup, puffy Cheetos and crunchy peanut butter.

Kontum1972 3 years, 7 months ago

a tray of corndogs....?

i wanna party with you....

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Had to look that one up on Wiki there Ret. Sex? Yeah, I kinda remember it. Doctor offered me a 5 pak of them little blue pills a while back. I says,"What's the shelf life on these? And do you always give away a ten year supply?" . . Yep. My Royal A$$ is gonna be payin' for this post for a long, long time.

;-)

Paris 3 years, 7 months ago

Eddie Murphy in Coming to America......"your royal p**s is clean your highness".

somedude20 3 years, 7 months ago

A happy ending while listening to Reggatta de Blanc

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Yep. Any threats coming my way today will be from the other side of the mattress.

8-[

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

So which would a guy rather have, birthday sex or a Cabela's gift card big enough to buy a new gun or at least a 1,000 rounds of ammo to shoot down at the river? Have to check back for answers later, off to work, no pampering here.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Any hesitation in answering this loaded question would result in getting neither.

wmathews 3 years, 7 months ago

I'm dieting for a wedding and I'm starving for junk food. Like Chris Farley in the GAP Girls bit from SNL.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

When Whitney joins us in our morning rant does it go well for the quality of our responses? Or bring her down to the level of our slumfest? Inquiring minds want to know . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

"A quality corndog is best naked."

Um, I don't know . . . wouldn't that be like eating spaghetti with nothing on it?

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

I think I see where you're coming from though. Maybe I've never tasted a "quality corndog"

Kinda like good coffee. Why ruin it with cream and sugar.

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

There are only two things I ever mix with alcohol...ice and/or water...and not very often.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Well, as you all may have surmised by now I am on full meds this AM. At least it keeps me from being a threatening person and helps get me ready for removal of these damn staples. Time to go, surely I will have come down by this afternoon, probably sleep. Supposed to rain anyway.

Ceallach 3 years, 7 months ago

Having a day without being bombarded by superficial updates on the royal couple.

H_Lecter 3 years, 7 months ago

2.46 mile high club and landing w/o the plane. Drinks, chocolate, & a special non-seafood sashimi served & waiting.

LadyJ 3 years, 7 months ago

Quality corn dogs are made with beef hotdogs, which are getting harder and harder to find.

Kontum1972 3 years, 7 months ago

Whitney..what ya gonna do when a cheeto's truck shows up @ LJW?

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

It was a test? Damn, well that explains why I flunked Study Hall . . . .