Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Asked at Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont on April 17, 2011

Browse the archives

“’No Reservations’ by Anthony Bourdain. It’s about the celebrity chef lifestyle. ”

“’Cirque du Freak’ by Darren Shan. It about a kid who gets turned into a vampire to save his best friend’s life.”

“’The Martian Chronicles’ by Ray Bradbury. It’s a completely non-scientific book about colonizing Mars.”

“I’m currently reading ’Great Expectations’ by Charles Dickens.”

“’Ramona Quimby, Age 8’ by Beverly Cleary. It’s about her struggles through life and with her family.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years ago

Yep, read The MC when I was about 8 years old. Can't imagine how dated it must seem 55 years later . . .

Boosh 3 years ago

“’The Martian Chronicles’ by Ray Bradbury. It’s a completely non-scientific book about colonizing Mars.”— Dave Kordahl, graduate student, Lawrence

Droll Mr. Kordahl, very droll.

Paul R Getto 3 years ago

J_B: Good books, no? Just finished "Island of the Sequined Love Nun," in part a satire on religion. In these times when the governor is satirizing jesus, the great ESSENE teacher himself, and trying to impose the C-Street Cult's values on our great state, Love Nun is strangely prescient.

trinity 3 years ago

"The Family"-talk about a horror book. :-/

Paul R Getto 3 years ago

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal, by Christopher Moore. Great, tender, surprisingly supportive fictional narrative of what 'might have happened' to the great ESSENE teacher between his 6th and 30th or so birthdays. Look Moore up; he has lots of great novels, including this one.

grammaddy 3 years ago

Super-Rich by Russell Simmons. I recommend it to everyone.

Flap Doodle 3 years ago

Almost finished with William Gibson's Neuromancer. About to start Jim Thompson's More Than Murder.

RoeDapple 3 years ago

"The Last Surgeon" by Michael Palmer. "It's not if I kill you, it's how."

Seemed appropriate to my latest escapade at Stormont-Vail. So far I haven't come out of my medicated haze to read past the introduction . . .