Previous   Next

What is your favorite video game?

Asked at Game Nut, 844 Mass. on April 15, 2011

Browse the archives

“Zelda: Ocarina of Time.”

“Final Fantasy VII.”

“Starfox 64. It just never gets old.”

“I’d have to go with Zelda. It’s just fun.”

Comments

Gandalf 3 years, 8 months ago

Doom. hands down! Nothing blasting everything in sight!!

gphawk89 3 years, 8 months ago

Oh, yeah! Doom3 is the only video game that's ever caused me to have nightmares. Otherwise, Zork at home (does it count as a "video" game if it's text only?) and Galaga at the arcade.

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

Finally.

We've had numerous "what are you reading" and some "what do you watch" questions.

It's like electronic games are our other "secret shame", many people do it but nobody wants to talk 'bout it.

From solitaire to farmville to the latest releases, if you play these then you are a gamer.

My list

PC Half Life series Portal Call of Duty (1,UO,2,4 and 5) Battlefield series (1942, 2, 2142 and BFBC2)

Playstation GranTurismo series (had the most fun with 2)

If you disagree with me you may to have your head examined...But.....

"I think we can put our differences behind us...for science...you monster"

GreenEyedBlues 3 years, 8 months ago

There was a PC game circa 1995 called Grim Fandango that was superb!

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

and that is a testament (not the band) to your tiger blood. surprised you did not follow Bob down to Vietnam to watch his half empty shows (that is what RS said)

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

you sir are bi-winning!!!!! your Tomfoolery is a testament to your adonis dna. (would you mind sharing your 7 gram rock kind sir)

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

well if Uncle Bob is flat, NPR had an interview with Paul Simon (not the former senator) and he is rockin a new record and tomorrow is record store day. maybe you can get some unreleased tracks. I liked the music that B -Diddy did for "The Wonder Boys" "Things Have Changed" Bob does seem like a grump. "hey boy, go get me some damn peanuts, make love to mountain lions, Sleep on red-hot branding irons, When I walk the roadway shakes, Bed's a mess of rattlesnakes, and I am bob f-in , whats my last name again"?

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

What if I throw in Garfunkel for free then would you go?

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

Must have been weird seeing Cate Blanchett as BD. Weird if you got a chub looking at him after seeing "I'm not There"

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

Welllll...if you play WOW you don't have time for anything else :)

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

Hmmmm.....anybody have any ideas what's going to happen 36 minutes from now?

JayCat_67 3 years, 8 months ago

Silent Hill series. Sam and Max Hit the Road, the older DOS game Sam and Max on Wii.

squarepusher 3 years, 8 months ago

Resident Evil....if this subject is still on topic, that is.

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

"What a wicked game you play To make me feel this way What a wicked thing to do To let me dream of you What a wicked thing to say You never felt this way What a wicked thing to do To make me dream of you And I don't wanna fall in love...."

somedude20 3 years, 8 months ago

Chris Isaak is the Bob Dylan of rolling around on beaches with beautifully naked women. Chirs Isaak's words and music flow like a Dylan over troubled water

John Spencer 3 years, 8 months ago

Games that I found have really good replay value, in no particular order: Borderland, especially The secret Armory of General Koxx Half-life 1, 2, and the the episodes Doom, all of them. Warcraft 2 Age of Empires 1 Thief 1, 2, 3 Blood 1. (2 was 'ok') Redneck Rampage Quake 1, 2, 3, (4 not so much) F.E.A.R American MGee's Alice Clive Barkers Undying Diablo 1 and 2 (3 looks really good too) Duke Nukem 3d, atomic, manhattan project Silent Hill (mainly 2) Alone in the dark

RonBurgandy 3 years, 8 months ago

It's hard to argue with Joe and Juan. Ocarina of Time is just sweet. I'd throw Goldeneye in the ring also.

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

No...it's...not...you monster...

...go ahead and leave me I think I prefer to stay inside maybe you'll find someone else to help you maybe black mesa that was a joke, haha, fat chance anyway this cake is great, it's so delicious and moist look at me still talking, when there's science to do when I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive...

jonas_opines 3 years, 8 months ago

Morrowind.

Also, all your base ate belong to us

Boosh 3 years, 8 months ago

Vidya games are cheaper than both ammo and booze :)

Linda Endicott 3 years, 8 months ago

The Sims...I've got practically every Sims game... Although Morrowind is really good, too... And all the Mystery Case Files games from Big Fish...I'm more into PC games or DS games than the others right now...