Previous   Next

What is your favorite video game?

Asked at Game Nut, 844 Mass. on April 15, 2011

Browse the archives

“Zelda: Ocarina of Time.”

“Final Fantasy VII.”

“Starfox 64. It just never gets old.”

“I’d have to go with Zelda. It’s just fun.”

Comments

Multidisciplinary 3 years ago

Jumpman. About the 1980 version or so, for Atari 800. I can't help it, I love that little man.

That game that came with my HP, where you connect the oil glob droplets. I get SO ticked trying to span that gorge, and it has a melt down when I've almost got it.

And right now I just started playing dominoes, the 4 player game with the odd name I haven't taken time to really read yet.

(and River, I've got a pinball story from the Ozarks you'd enoy)

prospector 3 years ago

Free State Beer hands down.

Linda Endicott 3 years ago

The Sims...I've got practically every Sims game... Although Morrowind is really good, too... And all the Mystery Case Files games from Big Fish...I'm more into PC games or DS games than the others right now...

blue73harley 3 years ago

None.

Saw video games turn my relatives kid's heads to mush before our kids got to video game playin' age. We never had a game system in our house.

Of course, now that they are grown and gone, the wife has every Wii game made!

I prefer ammo and booze for entertainment. But if I ever find a Pong cocktail table...

Roland Gunslinger 3 years ago

Counterstrike Source, Day of Defeat, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Starcraft

jonas_opines 3 years ago

Morrowind.

Also, all your base ate belong to us

tange 3 years ago

And RPGs... I simply don't understand the fascination, especially among those who've never held a joystick.

tange 3 years ago

My favorite video game is the one where I hide the remote from myself. It must be. I just can't seem to stop playing it.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

I do, Bob. I now officially want to make love to Sean Penn, in a very rough, dirty painful way....

CWGOKU 3 years ago

Hey Hollis, I see in the ads that a reefer company is hiring. I know you are over qualified, but you still might think about applying.

RonBurgandy 3 years ago

It's hard to argue with Joe and Juan. Ocarina of Time is just sweet. I'd throw Goldeneye in the ring also.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

g-rock, Take your pick Libya or Little Rock.

g_rock 3 years ago

Today I'm in the mood for something with lots and lots of death, violence and destruction....

spiff 3 years ago

HA HA like, Angry Birds, you know?

John Spencer 3 years ago

Games that I found have really good replay value, in no particular order: Borderland, especially The secret Armory of General Koxx Half-life 1, 2, and the the episodes Doom, all of them. Warcraft 2 Age of Empires 1 Thief 1, 2, 3 Blood 1. (2 was 'ok') Redneck Rampage Quake 1, 2, 3, (4 not so much) F.E.A.R American MGee's Alice Clive Barkers Undying Diablo 1 and 2 (3 looks really good too) Duke Nukem 3d, atomic, manhattan project Silent Hill (mainly 2) Alone in the dark

somedude20 3 years ago

Chris Isaak is the Bob Dylan of rolling around on beaches with beautifully naked women. Chirs Isaak's words and music flow like a Dylan over troubled water

somedude20 3 years ago

"What a wicked game you play To make me feel this way What a wicked thing to do To let me dream of you What a wicked thing to say You never felt this way What a wicked thing to do To make me dream of you And I don't wanna fall in love...."

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Thrilling.....China's answer to Bob Dylan and His Band........

squarepusher 3 years ago

Resident Evil....if this subject is still on topic, that is.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

These guys are preforming at the Lawrence Arts Center tonight @ 7pm http://tinyurl.com/3uzbkam

Free Concert!

JayCat_67 3 years ago

Silent Hill series. Sam and Max Hit the Road, the older DOS game Sam and Max on Wii.

K_Verses_The_World 3 years ago

I hate that foolish game we played

Boosh 3 years ago

Hmmmm.....anybody have any ideas what's going to happen 36 minutes from now?

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

Damn, I got "I'm Not There" and "I'm Still Here" commingled in my mind.

cabella 3 years ago

World of Warcraft and nothing else

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Bob is known to be a grumpy old bastard and kinda frie-brained. But he always wears hoodies out in public, which is cool and the main reason I wear a hoodie at all times. Especially and knick-knack and trinket stores. Just ask Ronaldo. Bob won an Oscar for "Things Have Changed". He always has it sitting on his amp behind him at shows. Good thing, 'cause he sure as hell won't ever win one for acting. However, I would smoke Bob's socks before I would pay a nickel to see that sawed-off little "Oh, I'm Just Soooo Smart" Paul Simon. "You Can Call Me Al"? I'd call you a lot of things , but Whitney would get mad at me. All those in favor of me shutting my pie-hole now, say "Aye".

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

The guitarist from Spacehog pooped on Joaquin Phoenix.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

I just hope Bob is done playing his moldy old folk stuff by the time he gets to the U.S. in July. See, he has to play that boring crap in places he's never played before. Years ago, the first time he played Israel, he was roundly spanked for not playing "Blowing in the Wind" and "The Times They Are A-Changin'" alternately for 3 hours. One of my favorite things at his shows now is seeing these old burnouts in tie-dye shirts who have never seen him. They look really confused and pissed off because he's not playing album loyal versions of 50 year old songs.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

And BTW, nothing Charlie Sheen has done is original. Spacehog has been drinking goat sweat for years.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Today would be a good day for some virtual mumblety peg and horse shoes. Oh, Autie, it's Kill A Beaver for Earth Day out at the Wetlands. Anything to finish the 20 year Trafficway to Nowhere is fine with me.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Good point, somedude. Grandpa Bob also played 2 shows in China(a first I think). I guess there was an armed Chinese commie pinko soldier for every 3 fans there. As far as the Ho Chi Minh City show, I call it Hoff Syndrome. No one there probably knows who Bob is, but they would be tearing down the fences to see David Hasselhoff.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

Anyone ever play that kayak game on the Wii?

autie 3 years ago

autie, What are your opinions on beavers, and their associated muck?

obviously the opinion would be situational and on a case by case basis. If said beavers were in the way they would have to be dynamited into oblivion. If they were out of the way, a beaver pond and activity can enhance the bio-diversity of the immediate area and possibly create a new place to slaughter doves and/or teal.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

autie, What are your opinions on beavers, and their associated muck?

autie 3 years ago

Playing video games has been ruined by Obama, Reid and Pelosi and the looney left liberal media. But no matter, I can have any game I want because my wife makes so much money and all I do is hang around the the house and kill coppperhead snakes.

HollisBrown 3 years ago

Seriously, I would say Tron, the original arcade version. When I was in HS I had high score on all 4 machines at LeMans Family Fun Center. It probably took $200 in quarters to accomplish that.

BruceWayne 3 years ago

Major Soccer League, M S L for short.

davidnta 3 years ago

I'm surprised no one said Goldeneye

GreenEyedBlues 3 years ago

There was a PC game circa 1995 called Grim Fandango that was superb!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years ago

I was on student council in primary school.

Boosh 3 years ago

I forgot to add under PC - ljworld.com :)

HollisBrown 3 years ago

I'm a D&D man myself, but I love Space Invaders. It's brand new. And Super Mario Brothers. Oh, and Tamron Hall MSNBC.

Boosh 3 years ago

Finally.

We've had numerous "what are you reading" and some "what do you watch" questions.

It's like electronic games are our other "secret shame", many people do it but nobody wants to talk 'bout it.

From solitaire to farmville to the latest releases, if you play these then you are a gamer.

My list

PC Half Life series Portal Call of Duty (1,UO,2,4 and 5) Battlefield series (1942, 2, 2142 and BFBC2)

Playstation GranTurismo series (had the most fun with 2)

If you disagree with me you may to have your head examined...But.....

"I think we can put our differences behind us...for science...you monster"

Liberty275 3 years ago

Forza... and 3d mini golf.

hitme 3 years ago

Global Thermonuclear War

Kenny Nall 3 years ago

Gilligan's Island on NES.

DillonBarnes 3 years ago

Aces High!

www.hitechcreations.com

autie 3 years ago

Wow Juan, when I was a kid any kid with a moustache would have been the coolest....are you sure they didn't mean nineteen?

My favorite video game...pong?

Gandalf 3 years ago

Doom. hands down! Nothing blasting everything in sight!!

Benjamin Roberts 3 years ago

Mario cart Wii .... as long as I am First!