Previous   Next

Have the rising gas prices affected how often you drive?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 13, 2011

Browse the archives

“They haven’t affected how often I drive, but I have put my truck up for sale.”

“No, because my parents pay for my gas.”

“Yeah. I don’t have a car at all right now, and it determines whether or not I’m going to buy a car.”

“No, because I commute. But they have definitely affected my wallet.”

Comments

booyalab 3 years, 8 months ago

Not as strange as how Ace of Cakes was canceled the day before oil prices jumped $2.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Yup. Now I pay cash for my vehicles and make payments to Exxon

whats_going_on 3 years, 8 months ago

not really...but I don't drive too much, just to my jobs and back or to run a random errand. However, since I have a manual I do drive a little slower and coast more to save on gas.

bad_dog 3 years, 8 months ago

While I can understand the need to drive more slowly while perusing your manual, you shouldn't read and drive at the same time. If you must read while driving, try something light and non-technical like "Reader's Digest" or "The National Enquirer"...

Liberty275 3 years, 8 months ago

I think he meant he was using the manual to figure out how to drive. That's why he goes a little slower.

Reading is fundamental!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

No more joyriding in the Caddy for the lemurs.

independant1 3 years, 8 months ago

i need to fill up the suv, plan on applying for a personal loan today so i can top it off.

rolo2383 3 years, 8 months ago

I don't drive as much as I used to.

Drill baby drill!!

Kirk Larson 3 years, 8 months ago

I ride my bicycle most everywhere so I only fill my truck every six weeks or so.

Kirk Larson 3 years, 8 months ago

Ever wonder why gas prices go up even when world production and stockpiles are high like they are now?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 8 months ago

"The_Original_Bob (anonymous) says… I'm surprised Merrill hasn't popped in here yet with a lengthy cut'n'paste screed."

He's busy killing the planet with his infernal combustion lawnmowers.

labmonkey 3 years, 8 months ago

Just don't look when you pump. In reality, if you think of it in terms of actual dollars, it takes the sting off. $1/gallon usually adds up to only about $20/week more spent by the average driver.

Hell, half the people on this site would happily give that to our government (those clamoring for tax increases). I would rather it go to an entity that will invest it and gainfully employs people at high rates of pay than to an entity that will recklessly spend it away.

Kirk Larson 3 years, 8 months ago

In any other industry, when the cost of your raw material goes up, profits go down. Look for record profits for big oil. Multi-billion with next to no taxes and huge subsidies.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Multi-I happen to know the Easter Bunny has no plans to visit your house this year. Seems he was tipped off that your cats have made plans for his capture and possible early demise. Word is they got the idea from Tommy the basement cat over at Roe's, so he may not get a visit from the Easter Bunny either. Maybe you should keep them away from Roe's cat, he seems to be a bad inffuence on them.

LadyJ 3 years, 8 months ago

Good thing your birthday was yesterday otherwise your wife might not have given you a present.