Previous   Next

At what age would you like to retire?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on April 12, 2011

Browse the archives

“As long as my health holds up … I don’t plan to retire as long as I love what I’m doing.”

“Sixty, that way I have 10 or 20 years of just traveling and playing golf while I’m still healthy.”

“Realistically I would love to retire at the age of 50 because I want to enjoy my retirement.”

“Tomorrow, because I’m tired of working. It’s lame.”

Comments

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

I've retired three times now. It ain't what it's cracked up to be.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

HA! I told a friend that once, he said he didn't have a problem giving up working. I told him from where I was watching he had never started.

;-)

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks Double R! I now have 34 years of experience at being 29 . . .

thewayne 3 years, 8 months ago

Happy Birthday Roe, I didn't even know.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Odometer has turned over 'bout 3 times for me. The shocks are shot, paint starting to fade and the tranny slips. So far no rust, but do run a little rough in the morning. Car Fax? Don't even think 'boutit. Not for sale anyway, just park me in the front yard when I quit runnin'

SinoHawk 3 years, 8 months ago

At about 90 or 95. I enjoy working and enjoy spending time w/ coworkers.

RoeDapple 3 years, 8 months ago

Thanks C-dub! I retired at 53, again at 60, again at 62. If I can get this old back patched up I'll be out looking again in a few months. The same people that ask why I don't stay home wouldn't do the things I can.

K_Verses_The_World 3 years, 8 months ago

"Anybody with a trade can work as long as they want. A welder, a carpenter, an electrician. They don't necessarily need to retire. My music wasn't made to take me one place to another so I can retire early."

Bob Dylan

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

I retired in January, but I'd go back to work at the right job.

Bill Lee 3 years, 8 months ago

I retired in January, but I'd go back to work at the right job.

Richard Payton 3 years, 8 months ago

I believe the USA has about the highest retirement age in the world. The French retire I believe at 47. CEO's pay raised 12% but the working class didn't see that salary raise. I'll retire when the Aliens probe me for more information on area 51. Lake Clark glows in the dark under the right conditions. These conditions cause me to BS on Journal World blogs so I might retire if I can save up enough $$.

labmonkey 3 years, 8 months ago

I am 32 and I can probably comfortably retire at 60. As long as my health holds and I still have a job, I will probably work until 70 because my wife is a few years younger than me.