Previous   Next

What was your favorite arts and crafts activity when you were younger?

Asked at Target, 3201 Iowa on April 4, 2011

Browse the archives

“Making your own Play-doh.”

“Water colors and sidewalk chalk.”

“Crocheting and knitting.”

Comments

julienstockwell 3 years, 11 months ago

I think it's only fair to call it a tie for first.

Pitt_Mackeson 3 years, 11 months ago

Fifth. I would enjoy anything that took time away from class. I remember making a stupid paper leprechaun in third grade but it took a few hours off the daily schedule so I couldn't have been happier HA!

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Folding newspapers into kayak shapes and floating them down the Kaw.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Can I plead the fifth? Or maybe autie would just pass his . . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Mom's basement doesn't have much in the way of supplies . . You would be amazed at what I can craft from spider webs and mouse droppings. And cigarette ashes.

Bill Lee 3 years, 11 months ago

I've always loved working with wood. I used to whittle it; now I carve it.

somedude20 3 years, 11 months ago

Huffing the liquid cement in the back of the class with the rest of the metal crew (ripped jeans, jean jackets with Metallica/AC/DC/Slayer back patches)

Mary Darst 3 years, 11 months ago

Funny you review this movie today. I happened to watch Black Swan yesterday. When the previews came out, I thought, no, this looks too wierd. But as time went on and all the stuff about it, I watched it. I agree with your review 100%. I almost quit watching. (but since I had paid for it, I finished it) I found it very disturbing. There wasn't one character that wasn't crazy.

Kris_H 3 years, 11 months ago

Making posters. Good training for the 60s.

Yeah, the Elmer's Glue thing was fun too. I was gonna say "eating paste" but it really didn't taste good enough to eat. :D

LadyJ 3 years, 11 months ago

Probably finger painting. Drawing on the wall was fun, but just once. End result was a belt with rhinestones on it.

trinity 3 years, 11 months ago

paper mache-or however the heck you spell that. you know, wrapping strips of newspaper that'd been dipped in some gooey crap around an inflated balloon? then you pop the balloon once the stuff hardens? loved that! :)

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Tomorrow's OTS; What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ghost Poster.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 11 months ago

All kinds of paper airplanes and building model planes.

RoeDapple 3 years, 11 months ago

Curious . . . could it be that ghost posties upping the comment count also help with advertising dollars? If so, then "banned user" is helping the online LJW instead of causing problems.

Mary Darst 3 years, 11 months ago

Making May Baskets with wall paper and home-made glue. Then collecting flowers and bridge mix and nuts to put in them. It was one of the most fun "holidays" in our family. We loved delivering them to the old people in our neighborhood. (maybe because we could ring the doorbell and run). haha

kernal 3 years, 11 months ago

Anything that had color, and was wet, for great works of art on the refrigerator.

scopi_guy 3 years, 11 months ago

Flying 747's that had a big hole blown out in the cockpit area.

Seriously, I remember the glue on the hand thing, and rubber cement rolled up to look like snot. Girls would spread Elmer's glue on the lids of their plastic paint kits in the shape of fingernails, let it dry, paint them, then lick the other side and stick them on...DIY Lee press on nails!