Previous   Next

Do you talk more or text more on your cell phone?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 30, 2010

Browse the archives

“I use it to talk more because it’s more personable to have a conversation with people.”

“I would say I text more often because I can text at work, I can’t talk at work.”

“Talk definitely, with my job it’s a lot easier to talk than to text. Things get done faster.”

“Talk more, I usually keep conversations short, but I keep text messages much, much shorter.”

Comments

trollkiller 4 years, 1 month ago

We're all so proud of you; let's toddle over to the prize box and see if you can pick out a toy.

Bill Lee 4 years, 1 month ago

Neither. Don't have a cell phone; don't need a cell phone; don't want a cell phone.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 1 month ago

How long do you suppose they had to search for someone who wasn't texting or talking on their phone in order to actually get this question answered face-to-face??

People get way too comfortable with these things; I've heard (more than once) very private information given out that a criminal would love....(real example; someones home address, nobody is home right now, and the garage door is unlocked. --another time-- Full credit card information, repeated slowly twice.)

notanoobhere 4 years, 1 month ago

Good luck in being left behind in life, oh and thanks for driving 10 under the speed limit. Being stubborn is just another way of saying being stupid.

booyalab 4 years, 1 month ago

I like green. It's like grass. Grass is outside. It's nice.

Flap Doodle 4 years, 1 month ago

I send photographs of commercial vessels operating on Lake Erie during the first half of the 20th Century.

jonas_opines 4 years, 1 month ago

Depends on who I'm talking to and what I'm talking about. Texts are good for the things that if you called would entail a minute conversation to impart 5 seconds of information, such as where you're meeting or what time. If what you have to say can't be put in a text any shorter than 2-3 lines, though, it's time to just hold a real conversation.

trinity 4 years, 1 month ago

lol good one gutenberg. i text quite a bit, i'm an anomaly-a lady who hates talking on the phone. period.

whats_going_on 4 years, 1 month ago

I'd have to agree to an extent.

I use shorthand sometimes just to make things quicker. Typing on a screen keyboard sucks. But I really hate it when people have whole conversations this way.

And what really gets me, is people who type on the computer or use this crap as language. Yuck!

jonas_opines 4 years, 1 month ago

I duno wht yur tlkn abot. lolwtf? roflcoptor

I cut corners to keep my text line-count down, as I get charged past a certain amount, but I agree that it's something that should stay quarantined to the phone, and not leak out into the rest of the world.

jonas_opines 4 years, 1 month ago

You've got to use worse syntax and grammar if you're going to have us believe that.

OMG, BFF beky txtd @ tolme she kiss w Bill!1! Dont she kno I luv Bill 2?"

Second line can be easily collapsed to: "like wtf?!" with maybe a derogatory female term that'll get my post pulled if I write it out.

Deja Coffin 4 years, 1 month ago

I cannot stand texting... I really think it is the rudest form of communication ever. Just saying.

whats_going_on 4 years, 1 month ago

generally, I don't like either. Since I got an iphone, I really don't like texting all that much. DEFINITELY not for a conversation.

RoeDapple 4 years, 1 month ago

i spend all my tiem in my momma's basement sittin in front of this dam screen maybe i would text her for a samitch if she hadnt run my fone thru the wash oh well i can still yell at her to bringit to me.

mr_right_wing 4 years, 1 month ago

It's hard to believe there was life before cellphones.

I think they called that the 'stone age'.

I have never had a desire to get a cellphone and I truly doubt I ever will. There is a reason we have answering machines/voice mail for our home phones.

I will confess I did recently get a 'cordless' phone (with a corded for back-up in case of a power outage.)

gccs14r 4 years, 1 month ago

Texting takes too long and is too expensive. It's good for transmitting precise information, though, especially if the recipient won't be able to write it down.

Lacy Mohler 4 years, 1 month ago

Talk--I had the texting shut off. I don't need text messages from GEICO---or Verizon for that matter.